Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 16192 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2016, 10:20:26 am »

I don't mind changing creations, it's just lazy doing it so directly. Also a little bit annoying, since thes's no reason not to do anything secretly, meaning nobody will know what anyone else has if they don't' want other folk to alter what they've done. As I said, Greed spent 10E, and has wasted one of that already, while another one is kind of also being influenced by someone else. That's 20% in one Tick.

I'd rather some effort go toward manipulating things so the change is gradual and "voluntary" on the crearion's part. Change from the game progressing and RP'ing is good, since it's something you would expect from time progressing and the gods getting involved with other gods' business.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2016, 10:20:59 am »

Directly altering other people's creations in an unsubtle manner tends to result in major conflict, removes player autonomy, harms general capacity for creativity, and is generally a very bad idea for the livelihood of the game oocly. As well as having a steep pricetag based on previous games (As in 1.5 the essence of the original if I recall.)

Now if you do it gradually and subtly on the other hand.. That can add to the game significantly.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2016, 10:24:44 am »

Eh, I think it's okay. Seeing as Xylia did use 2 Crux on one, making up 2/3 of the investment.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:54 am »

You would though, given you just did it :P

Greed gets no return on their investment though, and they didn't even get to use it. For Xylia's 2 crux she's managed to simultaneously strengthen herself and weaken a potential opponent, particularly since she basically made it the biggest, strongest and most belligerent of the creatures, and the thing technically doesn't even exist yet.

I mean it's an RP game and no RP'ing was done. If folk create things in secret for fear of another god not even letting the things exist before stealing it, we won't know what there all is to interact with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2016, 10:45:12 am »

You though, just spent all your Essence on 10 things, one of which has been appropriated by someone else for minimal cost. If half the remaining players decided to follow suit, you've wasted 10E.
This assumes that the modification actions will be completely successful in changing Prince-Dragon mindsets, which is doubtful. Even then, I don't think the actions as written will stop the Dragon-Princes from accomplishing their primary goal of establishing civilization and thus giving me influence income.

I appreciate you standing up for me like this Hector, but I'd like to say that currently I have no problems with the sea-dragon and green-dragon actions, mostly because I expect them to maintain loyalty to me. On that note, they are still my Dragons, and if the other gods expect that they can order them around there will be problems.

This is daisies compared to Litany where a quarter of my ants got turned into mind-controllers.

EDIT: Technically Azem is trying to make a more impressive creature, but I don't think he can afford it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:05:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2016, 01:12:33 pm »

Quick note: 5E isn't anywhere close to enough to make a planet under the current rules. All actions regarding the planet will be put on hold due to this fact.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2016, 01:42:47 pm »

Zuzake just loves the ocean, and doesn't mind to have a valid ruler over her people as long as her people pray to Zuzake. Also Zuzake does not care much for shinies so can easily shove it to a god who desires it. By granting the dragon love of the sea and coral breath I have found a ruler for my people which creates a beneficial situation for Greed and for Zuzake...

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2016, 02:36:53 pm »

You though, just spent all your Essence on 10 things, one of which has been appropriated by someone else for minimal cost. If half the remaining players decided to follow suit, you've wasted 10E.
This assumes that the modification actions will be completely successful in changing Prince-Dragon mindsets, which is doubtful. Even then, I don't think the actions as written will stop the Dragon-Princes from accomplishing their primary goal of establishing civilization and thus giving me influence income.

I appreciate you standing up for me like this Hector, but I'd like to say that currently I have no problems with the sea-dragon and green-dragon actions, mostly because I expect them to maintain loyalty to me. On that note, they are still my Dragons, and if the other gods expect that they can order them around there will be problems.

This is daisies compared to Litany where a quarter of my ants got turned into mind-controllers.

EDIT: Technically Azem is trying to make a more impressive creature, but I don't think he can afford it.

One of my price checks was for 3-4E I believe.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2016, 02:40:02 pm »

The one you linked to in the creation post was pricechecked at 30-40 essence.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »

There are a number of reasons why Ceartas doesn't like the dragons, I think foremost of which is that Greed and Justice tend not to make good bedfellows :)) anyway, back to discussions...

A fair point, I guess I'm just mostly peeved at the whole "I influence creatur because NUMBERS" rather than "I influence creature by taking it aside/causing visions/applying pain" or something. More or less the same thing, I'm just evidently displeased with one over the other.

Well I'm not really standing up for you, this just happens to be the most egregious example I've seen (not having played the previous Void games) so that's the one I use. I was mostly just gauging opinion since it's not a huge deal-breaker for me, it just feels that applying numbers is a less interesting way of going about influencing other creatures to your god's way of thinking.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »

There are a number of reasons why Ceartas doesn't like the dragons, I think foremost of which is that Greed and Justice tend not to make good bedfellows :)) anyway, back to discussions...
Keep in mind that I'm also the god of civilization, and Civilization and Justice tend to go hand in hand.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2016, 02:55:06 pm »

I have a price-check for a two-three story dragon on the same page.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »

Quick note: 5E isn't anywhere close to enough to make a planet under the current rules. All actions regarding the planet will be put on hold due to this fact.

I didn't mean an Earth-sized Planet, just as large a sphere of sand with a ecosystem that 5 Essence could create. Would Fenez's Desert sphere cause the sphere to be larger than it would be otherwise, as it's almost entirely made of sand?  It would probably be the size of a small moon, now that I think about it. If it exists, it would be orbiting the World Tree, so technically, I suppose it would be a moon... I'm probably going to expand it in the near future, I just need a stable base of operations before I do anything else.

I'll Edit my post to make it more clear what I meant, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I might've caused you, Stirk.

Edit: I Edited the Post.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:13:11 pm by Ardent Debater »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2016, 07:28:45 pm »

It was clear. And it is not anywhere near enough to make any kind of planet, small or otherwise. Especially an inhabitable one. It is roughly a fourth of what you would expect to pay for a moon-at least a tenth of what you would have to pay for an actual planet.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:34 pm »

It was clear. And it is not anywhere near enough to make any kind of planet, small or otherwise. Especially an inhabitable one. It is roughly a fourth of what you would expect to pay for a moon-at least a tenth of what you would have to pay for an actual planet.

Ah, I should've price-checked before posting, next time I will. In the meantime, the Desert Moon will have to wait...

Quick Question: If a Deity spends 10 Crux, is it immediately lethal?

$$$ How much would it cost to create a small Elemental cloud-like species made of Salt, with the following traits?

They are 2.5 feet tall and wide, much weaker and clumsier concerning object or tool manipulation than an average Human, have only half the intelligence of an ordinary Human, have no Magical capacity beyond their natural abilities, live for roughly 20 years, and reproduce by splitting into two identical copies of the original Creature after the end of their natural lifespan. They float roughly a foot above the ground, but if they focus, they can move as much as five feet above ground. They move at the speed of a normal Human jogging.

They have the ability to manipulate the sand, dry dirt, and salt within a 20 foot-radius around them, and passively drain and feed off of the moisture in the environment around them, with roughly half a gallon of moisture being consumed to sustain them every day. They can focus their moisture drainage onto a single living creature 10 feet from them, and drain the moisture from it's body, with the downside that it requires near total focus one that living creature to use properly, must defeat the willpower of the living creature before working, and only drains small amounts without extensive training. Being a small cloud of Magical Salt, they are very resistant to mundane weaponry, and can literally suffocate a breathing creature within their body, (damaging themselves in the process) are somewhat resistant to most kinds of magic and elemental attacks, but are extremely vulnerable to wind, or water based attacks, which rip them apart or scald them.

They have an innate nomadic tendency, and most wander constantly in large nomadic tribes, consisting of individuals that move together in a large cloud of up to 500, but more commonly only one or two hundred. They lack empathy for other species, and the ecosystem around them. Sometimes, individuals will travel in small groups of 5-10, and very rarely, one or more will settle down in a moisture filled area and build a tiny 'village' consisting of a handful of extremely crude mud huts. They speak with an extremely complicated language consisting of extremely high-pitched keening noises, that is impossible for many species to hear, let alone decipher.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:04:15 pm by Ardent Debater »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15