Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 16227 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2016, 08:23:11 pm »

man my internet is losing it. discord wont load and I'm barely posting as it is.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »

Desolation, (Destruction is one thing. It instantly destroys it's target in an efficient and flashy manner. Desolation, however, is something else entirely. The Target of Desolation sees all that they hold dear taken away from them, and is left nothing but a broken shadow of what it once was. There's a huge difference.) (Secondary Sphere)

Destruction isnt instant, destruction can apply to the collapse of a civilization or person's life which can take awhile, desolation is still different as you said, just usually what happens after destruction.
Fezen's Followers are devoted to the Desolation of all things they despise, and slowly ruin the lives of those who slight them. They have no one mark identifying themselves, but they are, as a rule, very spiteful, stubborn, and hateful towards others, especially those not part of Fezen's Religion. The Shrines of Fezen are usually the re-purposed ruins of another Religious Building, and if possible, located in the Desert somewhere. The Followers of Fezen are also dedicated to the spread of Deserts, and will subtly destroy the Ecosystems of their non-Desert homes.

Associated Symbol: Fezen is associated with Ruins, Starvation, and Poverty. Most of his Followers carry a container of Desert sand with them, so that no matter where they go, the Desert will follow.

Description/Background: Fezen views Reality as hollow and fundamentally broken, and he believes that only true loss can enlighten Mortals to this truth. True loss on a grand scale, therefore, is a Holy Ideal to strive for to Fezen and his Followers. Fezen has an intense dislike for other Gods that occasionally boils over into total hatred. He hates the Mortal Followers of other Gods, and vehemently hates Prosperity and Satisfaction. Fezen only barely tolerates his own Followers, and only rarely gives out blessings, curses, however, he doles out indiscriminately.

Fezen has no moral compass whatsoever, and will do anything to further his goal of total ruination. He delights in the Pain and Loss of others, and views Theft and Torture as enjoyable pastimes. Fezen loves the Desert, and relishes the stark, harsh emptiness that can be found only among the Sands. He tolerates Desert Life, but despises other kinds of Life forms. Fezen is very subtle about his true feelings, but when angered, nothing can appease his wrath.
I expect everyone but Kyuu (who would find you amusing and entertaining... until you touch her creations to much.) to hate you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:34:09 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:01 pm »

Heh. Old King Coal(one seventh of the Chorus) would not hate you.

In fact, he would congratulate Fezen on his style.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »

Desolation, (Destruction is one thing. It instantly destroys it's target in an efficient and flashy manner. Desolation, however, is something else entirely. The Target of Desolation sees all that they hold dear taken away from them, and is left nothing but a broken shadow of what it once was. There's a huge difference.) (Secondary Sphere)

Destruction isnt instant, destruction can apply to the collapse of a civilization or person's life which can take awhile, desolation is still different as you said, just usually what happens after destruction.
Fezen's Followers are devoted to the Desolation of all things they despise, and slowly ruin the lives of those who slight them. They have no one mark identifying themselves, but they are, as a rule, very spiteful, stubborn, and hateful towards others, especially those not part of Fezen's Religion. The Shrines of Fezen are usually the re-purposed ruins of another Religious Building, and if possible, located in the Desert somewhere. The Followers of Fezen are also dedicated to the spread of Deserts, and will subtly destroy the Ecosystems of their non-Desert homes.

Associated Symbol: Fezen is associated with Ruins, Starvation, and Poverty. Most of his Followers carry a container of Desert sand with them, so that no matter where they go, the Desert will follow.

Description/Background: Fezen views Reality as hollow and fundamentally broken, and he believes that only true loss can enlighten Mortals to this truth. True loss on a grand scale, therefore, is a Holy Ideal to strive for to Fezen and his Followers. Fezen has an intense dislike for other Gods that occasionally boils over into total hatred. He hates the Mortal Followers of other Gods, and vehemently hates Prosperity and Satisfaction. Fezen only barely tolerates his own Followers, and only rarely gives out blessings, curses, however, he doles out indiscriminately.

Fezen has no moral compass whatsoever, and will do anything to further his goal of total ruination. He delights in the Pain and Loss of others, and views Theft and Torture as enjoyable pastimes. Fezen loves the Desert, and relishes the stark, harsh emptiness that can be found only among the Sands. He tolerates Desert Life, but despises other kinds of Life forms. Fezen is very subtle about his true feelings, but when angered, nothing can appease his wrath.
I expect everyone but Kyuu (who would find you amusing and entertaining... until you touch her creations to much.) to hate you.

Yeah, probably. It's been a while since I've played an Antagonistic Deity, this should be fun while it lasts. As for Desolation vs Destruction, I feel that Desolation is much more personal, and prolonged than Destruction. I do agree that Desolation typically happens after Destruction, Fezen will probably be doing a lot of out-of-sphere actions to further his Influence.

Phew, that was a lot of typing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2016, 10:37:14 pm »

You haven't given the Fezethi souls.

Are souls necessary for worship in Stirk's games?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2016, 10:40:28 pm »

I assumed that sentience and sapience were the only requirements for Essence income. If I was mistaken about that, I'll Edit my IC Post.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »

I assumed that sentience and sapience were the only requirements for Essence income. If I was mistaken about that, I'll Edit my IC Post.

As far as anyone knows, Souls are required for sapience, thus worship.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »

If you want emotionless puppets that follow your every whim go right ahead with the soulless thing.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2016, 10:49:09 pm »

As far as anyone knows, Souls are required for sapience, thus worship.
If you want emotionless puppets that follow your every whim go right ahead with the soulless thing.

I'll Edit it to say that the Fezethi have Souls, just not Immortal Souls, meaning that the Souls would cease to exist after the death of the Fezethi's mortal body.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 17, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »

Just out of curiousity (this is a kinda on the border between IC and OOC stuff) would y'all be interested in setting ground rules re: altering creations? Specifically not being able to do it directly (spending x Essence to make y creature z instead, like what Xylia did to Greed's Prince-Dragon) but through RP means, like appearing in visions and dreams and good ol' proselytising?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2016, 02:22:33 am »

Just out of curiousity (this is a kinda on the border between IC and OOC stuff) would y'all be interested in setting ground rules re: altering creations? Specifically not being able to do it directly (spending x Essence to make y creature z instead, like what Xylia did to Greed's Prince-Dragon) but through RP means, like appearing in visions and dreams and good ol' proselytising?
I'd prefer if that wasn't the case. Such things is best done voluntarily. Besides, Xylia did the modifications right after it was created.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:03 am »

[Daemon Xylia, God of Nature]

"Shut your mouth, youngling! Z-zis god is unvelcome to creation."
Xylia is trembling.

Getting Utther flashbacks. :P

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2016, 02:50:28 am »

Amber is doing things but she was is rather in a confused state with what to do about being the God of desolation whether she should befriend him or otherwise.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2016, 02:53:52 am »

[Daemon Xylia, God of Nature]

"Shut your mouth, youngling! Z-zis god is unvelcome to creation."
Xylia is trembling.

Getting Utther flashbacks. :P
Xylia is just a teensy little bit... way outside her comfort zone. With her heart shriveling for an instant, and the threat to all her creations.
She's also low on Crux, so death is a very real possibility. So, not quite rational.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:18 am »

Whats wrong with changing creations?  Afterall the creations will eventually affect Other creations too.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15