Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕֍࿃)  (Read 16257 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: A God Game (0/⊕֍࿃)
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:21 pm »

Back in my day, when we were gonna say something OOC, we went to the OOC.

Furthermore, OOC justifications are only worth something if the challenged action is gamebreaking, meta, a loophole, or otherwise being challenged for actual OOC reasons. "I think it would be too powerful so I don't like it" is only an OOC reason if it's Stirk saying it in his own games, or agreeing with someone about it. Otherwise, if someone says they don't like what you did IC, respond IC.

Please.

Thank you.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:06 pm »

Alright, getting the rightup dun after a shower. If you have any actions you want to take during tick 1, now would be the time to post them.

Furthermore, OOC justifications are only worth something if the challenged action is gamebreaking, meta, a loophole, or otherwise being challenged for actual OOC reasons. "I think it would be too powerful so I don't like it" is only an OOC reason if it's Stirk saying it in his own games, or agreeing with someone about it. Otherwise, if someone says they don't like what you did IC, respond IC.

Please.

Thank you.

That is a dirty lie. Back in your day, the OOC and IC threads switched so often people's heads spun.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2016, 05:27:02 pm »

Reasonably sure that both of you are too young to be allowed to use the phrase "back in my day" :P

But aye, Ceartas IC has issues with the thing 'cause it's unjust. I have issues OOC since it's basically an inanimate Mary Sue, or whatever you kids call it - though I imagine that Stirk will not process it as such. I'd rather raise the IC issues, seeing as how Ceartas is just a codgity old man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2016, 06:56:40 pm »

Alright, getting the rightup dun after a shower. If you have any actions you want to take during tick 1, now would be the time to post them.

Please.

Thank you.

That is a dirty lie. Back in your day, the OOC and IC threads switched so often people's heads spun.

I have many days! That was true for one or more of them!

Reasonably sure that both of you are too young to be allowed to use the phrase "back in my day" :P

But aye, Ceartas IC has issues with the thing 'cause it's unjust. I have issues OOC since it's basically an inanimate Mary Sue, or whatever you kids call it - though I imagine that Stirk will not process it as such. I'd rather raise the IC issues, seeing as how Ceartas is just a codgity old man.
In internet years I'm approximately 57.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2016, 07:14:01 pm »

$$$

Seven immortal dragons (mountain sized, may grow or shrink, six legged, horned ridged heads but otherwise smooth) made entirely of gemstone, eat large amounts of inorganic matter with an extreme preference for precious metals/gemstones, anything they eat is incorporated into their mass and physical appearance, and they shed mass daily.

I hope I got my intention across.

I'm not going to be able to afford these guys am I? Maybe one. I'll name it Sapphira.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:15:34 pm by Vgray »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2016, 08:01:13 pm »

Create 2000 Humans, (crunchwise effectively traitless) three-legged, three-armed sapient insectoids with vestigial wings (used mostly for communication, c.f. semaphore) who speak an extensively click-based language. They cultivate bioluminescent fungi using the nutrient-rich sap of the Tree, are generally relatively open-minded/xenophilic, and net-reproduce roughly as fast as H. sapiens humans.

your doing this just so you can get insectoid hybrids aren't you?

-let it be known that these humans are not the kind the embrear resemble-
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:10:25 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2016, 08:17:06 pm »

Actually, I'm doing it so we hopefully don't end up with a race named Humans that actually looks human yet again. :P Also, I'm not sure if insectoid breeding ports are compatible

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2016, 08:18:18 pm »

No refunds, sorry. If something is more expensive then you had anticipated, sorry. Its part of the system  :-\. It is probably best to avoid attempting blanket modifications or auto actions without specifying how much you wish to create.

*EDIT*

If I missed, misinterpreted, or otherwise got something wrong, the action can be retconned to what it was "supposed to be", however.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:21:25 pm by Stirk »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2016, 08:21:29 pm »

........................I guess I will have to add the word normal to my post. unless stirk can remember that your humans don't count as human for the embrear's reproduction.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »

$$$

Seven immortal dragons (mountain sized, may grow or shrink, six legged, horned ridged heads but otherwise smooth) made entirely of gemstone, eat large amounts of inorganic matter with an extreme preference for precious metals/gemstones, anything they eat is incorporated into their mass and physical appearance, and they shed mass daily.

I hope I got my intention across.

I'm not going to be able to afford these guys am I? Maybe one. I'll name it Sapphira.

$$$ANSWER
30-40E each, depending on the size of the mountain.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2016, 08:46:12 pm »

Ouch. How about let's say...20-30 feet high?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2016, 08:49:25 pm »

Ouch. How about let's say...20-30 feet high?

Probably 3-4E. Mountains are big.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2016, 09:15:24 pm »

Price check: The Tower.

The Tower is made up of eight floors, one for each of the god... fragments... that make up the Chorus, and a summit.

Each floor other than the Summit may change position in the Tower(so long as the change doesn't take it above the summit) at random.

Each floor contains a magical trial themed around one of the seven fragments, and if said floor's trial is completed(by a mortal), it sends the mortal to the next floor.

The Tower may only be entered through the bottom floor.

The Tower can only contain one mortal at a time.

If a mortal makes it to the summit, they may choose one of the fragments of the Chorus and ask them for a boon of their choice. If the boon is granted, they must choose a different fragment who will then give them a curse, not of their choice.

The Tower can only be entered while the gods are awakened(as in, not in a time skip or whatnot).
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2016, 09:27:36 pm »

The Tower: Probably 2-3E

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2016, 09:30:17 pm »

I just realized something. What's the cost to make the aforementioned dragons intelligent? Sapient. Whatever word we're using.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15