Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liaison won't go home?  (Read 1151 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liaison won't go home?
« on: July 10, 2016, 05:05:11 pm »

Running my first .43 fort.

The liaison showed up in mid-autumn, talked everything over with my leader (who hasn't changed) and... now it's mid-winter and he's still here with "no activity" he has a clear path, the only thing between him and freedom is an unlocked door, but he won't leave. Is this normal? Is there any way to snap him out of it?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: Liaison won't go home?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:12:13 pm »

i asked the same thing ages ago, apparently its because they want to be entertained at your tavern before they go, and will idle around the meeting area if there isnt one.
they will go away eventually on their own
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:17:05 pm »

They do make their way back out and away. My first liaison spent almost an entire year in my fortress before leaving.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »

Ok, that's a relief. I was worried he was gonna stay and go crazy/prevent future liaisons.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 05:30:57 pm »

Ok, that's a relief. I was worried he was gonna stay and go crazy/prevent future liaisons.

Regardless of whether or not he is alive, the next year, you will get a liaison. If he survives, then you get him back. If he passes away, then you will get a new one.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.