Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds  (Read 12672 times)

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2016, 06:41:16 pm »

Carry on traveling down the tunnel.
+1
Carry on traveling down the tunnel.
+1
And use Jean’s Misc Fire Manipulation to create a light source so she can see where she is going.
  With a bit of concentration Jean conjures a ball of fire illuminating her surroundings before she continues down the tunnel. Along the way she spots multiple smaller passages and occasionally can hear something scurrying from inside luckily, nothing attempts to pounce out from within them allowing Jean to continue unhindered.
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
  Jean notices the tunnel's slope has changed into a slight incline making her journey through the tunnel only slightly more of a pain. Eventually, a pale blue light can be seen in the distance and as Jean gets closer she can that it is a luminous moss covering the ceiling of tunnel. Jean, no longer needing a source of light she flicks her wand dissipating the ball of fire and continues into a massive underground chamber, large mushrooms the size of tall trees tower above Jean, the ceiling is entirely covered in luminous moss providing light in the entire chamber, a waterfall pours into a small pond from which a shallow stream flows across the chamber and toward the east cavern wall there seems to be old ruins carved out of the stone. [+ 2 Mana regenerated]

What will Jean do now?

Jean Nosly

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »

We should ask the voice in our brain some questions about what it is and what it wants.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2016, 03:55:24 am »

We should ask the voice in our brain some questions about what it is and what it wants.
I like but do we trust that it will not lie to us? Maybe some questions about where we are or if it has remembered anything island? ((What do you'll think?))
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2016, 04:46:39 pm »

We probably can't trust in its honesty, or not yet anyway, but any information however suspect will be useful.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »

+1, it probably wont harm us because it is in us.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2016, 05:19:37 pm »

We probably can't trust in its honesty, or not yet anyway, but any information however suspect will be useful.
So we should ask,
1) Its goals
2) How do we get out of the underground?
3) If it remembers anything?

Is there anything I missed?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

So we should ask,
1) Its goals

+1 and we should ask what it is

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2016, 05:24:14 pm »

Yes that sounds good. Im pretty sure you havent think you have missed anything.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2016, 07:16:15 pm »

So we should ask,
1) Its goals

+1 and we should ask what it is
Chapter 1, Foggy Minds

Are you in there...? Jean asks, attempting to get the attention of the unknown being in her head. ...Is there something you need from me, Jean? the voice in her head replies. Now that we're out of the grimlin infested tunnel I think it is time that I asked you a few questions. Starting with.... What are you and what do you want from me? Jean inquires the voice skeptically thinking that it may attempt to deceive her and after a brief pause the voice replies, I.. do not recall who or what I am however, I can tell you that our souls are now tethered together as a result from the Magicks I used to save your life. As a result our memories or at least mine for the moment have been affected due to complications with the use of such complex Magicks. The voice pauses as to let Jean soak in the new information and after a few moments she begins questioning it once more, What do you mean our souls are tethered? Also, you mentioned your memories being affected by the Magicks have you recalled any memories yet? She asks trying to conceal her worry for her own well-being. How do I explain this so that you may understand.... Our souls share the same fate, similar to having a rope tied around two Kitsunes one at each end and then tossing one of them off a cliff, one of them falls as the other is dragged off the cliff side by the weight of the first. This should not be a problem as long as we are not separated from one another for a long period time. As for my memories, I apologize but I am simply have trouble recalling quite a bit of my past so for the moment we'll just have to do without." The voice finishes replying and awaits any further questions from Jean.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:55:28 am by Darth Jefe »

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »

I think we're good on asking questions maybe we should explore the cavern chamber we're in?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

I think we're good on asking questions maybe we should explore the cavern chamber we're in?

Sounds good. +1 to exploring chamber

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2016, 12:27:49 am »

Sounds good. +1 to exploring chamber

I have no more questions to ask I'll leave you to recalling your memories." Jean informs the entity, Very well then I shall focus on recalling my memories... the voice becomes silent once more leaving Jean to explore the cavern chamber. She begins by checking around the giant mushrooms growing around the cavern...
  ...looking around there are quite a few of them about 2 dozen in total scattered around the cavern, she spots a bit of foliage growing at the base of the each of the mushroom trees but nothing else of importance. After searching around the giant mushrooms Jean decides to investigate the waterfall and the pond next...
and discovers there are small grey crabs living near both the pond and the stream that flows from the pond. The water flowing from the waterfall seems to be freshwater as the water does not have the smell of salt and is crystal clear. She also notes that the pond is at most waist level deep and that the sandy bottom of the pond can be seen.
And apparently the waterfall has a hidden tunnel entrance behind the flowing water. Jean almost missed noticing the entrance except, that she had slipped on the pond rocks covered in purple moss-like substance and manage to catch a glimpse of the entrance from a lower angle. I'll wait on checking what's behind the waterfall as I still have more exploring to do, Jean tells herself as she turns away from the waterfall to investigate the ruins....
As she approaches the east wall ruins she can now see what appears to be a large sealed doorway covered head to toe in hieroglyphics, along with a rather large crystal embedded in the center of the door, time has not been kind as many parts of the carved wall have fallen apart and many of the hieroglyphics are illegible. What is Jean's next move?

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2016, 02:23:36 am »

Do we need to consume food on a regular basis or is that glossed over in this game? Because I am thinking Jean should cook up some of the grey crabs, if she can catch any.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2016, 03:37:18 am »

Do we need to consume food on a regular basis or is that glossed over in this game? Because I am thinking Jean should cook up some of the grey crabs, if she can catch any.
Yes, Jean must consume food on a regular basis or otherwise gain a hunger debuff and the longer she does not consume food the worse the debuff becomes. And of course will lead to death if no food is consumed.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2016, 06:01:00 am »

Attempt to catch some crabs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10