Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds  (Read 12703 times)

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whispering Wraith [SG] Chapter 1, Foggy Minds
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2016, 03:19:42 am »

Jean uses a flame shot to finish off the grimlin. End it with fire.
I think using Ignite will suit us better. Maybe the creature's crys of pain will echo in the cave and spread fear to other grimlins. This one ran when its ally died next to it so they might be cowardly in nature and may stay in hiding for awhile.
It seems there is only 1 person for each one I will need someone to break the tie. If not I'll toss a coin and we'll go with that action.

We have a lot more Mana than I thought. I can see this character forming into an Archsage type overtime.

Also interesting turn that we've decided to indulge a cruel side.

Before finishing it off, perhaps we want to interrogate it now that we have a position of power over it. We could also heal it and attempt to enslave it, but I feel like that's ripe with all sorts of potential errors.

Whatever we do about the Gremlin, sort out how to make a light of some sort. Creating and sustaining a small flame may work.
Jean is definitely a on the path of a powerful Archsage or maybe Spellaxe by the way combat has been playing out. Not that this game has classes.

I was surprised by the cruel suggestion myself but seeing as in Jean's personality description it states that she can be morally flexible at times, I can see her attempting this action with no problem. 

In regards to interrogating you may want to reread the Grimlin description. 
Spoiler: Grimlin (click to show/hide)
Healing it and attempting to enslave it. Very interesting choice, I'll look forward to seeing what you'll decide on.

Last, creating a new spell can take sometime but I think a misc. fire manipulation spell should be added to the spell list as you made a good point a few post ago. I'll add it first then you guys can decide whether or not you want to create a new fire spell. I'll post the sheet again once I added the spell. Also if anyone has a question feel free to ask.

Edit 1: Okay I added it to Jean's character Sheet.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:55:54 am by Darth Jefe »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2016, 05:13:47 am »

We have a lot more Mana than I thought. I can see this character forming into an Archsage type overtime.

Before finishing it off, perhaps we want to interrogate it now that we have a position of power over it. We could also heal it and attempt to enslave it, but I feel like that's ripe with all sorts of potential errors.

Whatever we do about the Gremlin, sort out how to make a light of some sort. Creating and sustaining a small flame may work.

+1 to heal and enslave. It is stupid though, and will probably only respect fear and power, so if it has the slightest hesitation in obeying our command, we need to torture it. Also, we need a meatshield, so Jean can cast spells without CQC.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:15:38 am by vishdafish »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2016, 10:37:07 am »

Honestly, I feel like we're going to have better opportunities for meatshields and based on the description of Gremlins, we'd either need to make this Gremlin a project in and if itself or fail quite greatly.

We COULD ask our voice in our head if it might be able to do something to the Gremlin's mind to make it a bit more exploitable.

Fire spell hasn't gone through yet from my end.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2016, 11:15:47 am »

Yeah, fair point. Although we could just keep the grimlin for now and, if a better opportunity comes, get rid of it.

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »

+1 to heal and enslave. It is stupid though, and will probably only respect fear and power, so if it has the slightest hesitation in obeying our command, we need to torture it. Also, we need a meatshield, so Jean can cast spells without CQC.

Jean looks at the grimlin lying on the floor helpless and ponders what had been said by the voice a moment earlier. The an idea reveals itself to her, You will not die... no.... you'll become my slave even if I have to beat it into you, Jean thinks to herself as begins to channels life magic into the dying grimlin...
[- 2 mana, Distracting Flame dissipates]
Spoiler: Roll (click to show/hide)
Unfortunately, as Jean begins healing the wounds the grimlin's body begins to rapidly convulse and just as quickly stops entirely, "Damn! It succumbed to its wounds before I could heal it fully..." she angrily curses out loud. Once again the voice fills your thoughts, This was unexpected.... I did not believe you would attempt to heal the creature. What was your reasoning for doing so? It asks intriguingly.

Jean Nosly

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2016, 09:14:21 pm »

"I attempted to enslave the creature, so I could make use of it in future battles. Unfortunately, it died before I could heal it. Nevermind, this place seems to have more than enough grimlins for another attempt."

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:50 pm »

"I attempted to enslave the creature, so I could make use of it in future battles. Unfortunately, it died before I could heal it. Nevermind, this place seems to have more than enough grimlins for another attempt."
+1 to us saying this.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:04 am »

+1 to us saying this.
((If you want to be speaking directly to the being in Jean's head use italic and no quotations, unless you wish to be speaking out loud. Also I think from now on I will ask players to bold their action if they have not been doing so as it stand out more.))

There is long moment of silence before the voice replies, I see... In order to ensure your continual survival you are willing force a living being to submit to your will? Am I correct in this assumption or am I misinterpreting your actions? It firmly asks. What is Jean's reply?

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2016, 02:47:59 am »

Shit, I don't think it likes what we r doing...

((Edit 1: man that was a dumb error))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:32:32 am by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2016, 09:03:36 pm »

Yes. Is there a problem with my current actions? Jean calmly replies not feeling the least amount of guilt for her actions.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:23 pm »

Yes. Is there a problem with my current actions? Jean calmly replies not feeling the least amount of guilt for her actions.

+1

Darth Jefe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:43 am »

Yes, you are correct in your assumption. Is there a problem with my current actions? Jean calmly replies not feeling the least amount of guilt for her actions.
+1
No... I may disagree with your actions but I am not in any position to judge as I am forcibly inhabiting your body at the moment. The voice replies in a much softer tone. But enough talk... we must continue onward before more grimlins arrive. The voice becomes silent once more, leaving only the sound of dripping water to be heard in the dark tunnel. What is Jean to do now?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2016, 04:25:06 am »

Carry on traveling down the tunnel.

crownclown

• Bay Watcher
  • Does Ron want to follow the butterflies now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2016, 02:30:41 pm »

+1

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2016, 03:34:19 am »

+1
And use Jean’s Misc Fire Manipulation to create a light source so she can see where she is going.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10