Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388846 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17865 on: January 20, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

Donald "Long Golf Clubs" Trump is basically an early 2000s liberal on LGBT issues, as opposed to Mike "Electroshock Testicles" Pence. Which is to say, Trump is ambivalent towards same-sex marriage but will never, ever, do anything to address issues of equal protection for LGBT folk.

However, I actually think Pence would be a better President than Trump due to base skill, in spite of also being horrible in every way. However however, this means I hope Trump stays Prez so he'll fuck everything up and lame duck himself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17866 on: January 20, 2017, 04:01:30 pm »

It's started. Sieg Heil! Any guesses on the date that this will fall on. And what punishments will await those who are not sufficiently patriotic on this new holiday?
I vote 14th of June for the National Day Of Patriotism.
I want to sig this, but I don't want to bring politics everywhere.
Missed opportunity to sig heil puns Reelya

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17867 on: January 20, 2017, 04:12:21 pm »

Trump's done more than recieve aid from Russia, he's inherited Lysenkoism. In the hours after swearing in, all references (aside from letters specifically from other presidents, such as this) to climate change have been removed from the whitehouse website, including:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/energy/climate-change
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-record/climate

The only remnant of the phrase is here:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy
President Trump is committed to eliminating harmful and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S. rule.

It's things like this that make me think it's time to start looking for ways for local regions to isolate and preserve their portions of the biosphere. To give up on the idea of unified environmental protection.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: January 20, 2017, 04:15:53 pm »

However, I actually think Pence would be a better President than Trump due to base skill, in spite of also being horrible in every way. However however, this means I hope Trump stays Prez so he'll fuck everything up and lame duck himself.

Doesn't rightly matter how skilled he is, the job of president (my phone autocorrected to "king" wtf) is to be president for everyone, and he'll only do right by anyone who is white, male, Christian, and moneyed.

You may take your meritocracy and bolt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: January 20, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

Trump's done more than recieve aid from Russia, he's inherited Lysenkoism. In the hours after swearing in, all references (aside from letters specifically from other presidents, such as this) to climate change have been removed from the whitehouse website, including:

President Trump is committed to eliminating harmful and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the U.S. rule.

It's things like this that make me think it's time to start looking for ways for local regions to isolate and preserve their portions of the biosphere. To give up on the idea of unified environmental protection.

Given that he's a Republican and a Climate Denier, it's not surprising. And saying that he inhereted lysenkoism is like saying Russia made him a Climate Denier, which Putin isn't AFAIK.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:33 pm »

president (my phone autocorrected to "king" wtf)

Mind if I post it in the WTF thread? heh :D

edit: I intended to put this in my previous post, but ah well.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: January 20, 2017, 04:25:16 pm »

As much as I don't like Trump's environmental policy, this is inaccurate. Not so much that they scrubbed it as they redo the whole website, and haven't added (nor likely will they ever add) a page on climate change. The transition from one president to another includes a website transition, but the prior president's version of whitehouse.gov is archived:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2017/01/17/obama-administration-digital-transition-moving-forward

Trump's current whitehouse.gov is very barebones right now - last I checked there isn't even a page for the President's Budget (or OMB at all) and no place for Statements of Administration Policy regarding legislation.

An edit: there are, however, some other things to keep an eye out for. Agency pages that don't get such archiving treatment, for example, though there have been several independent efforts to preserve data that might get altered or deleted. Or heck, I suppose they could even alter the archived Obama whitehouse.gov.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:27:26 pm by Dostoevsky »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #17872 on: January 20, 2017, 05:21:12 pm »

Americans respond with enthusiasm to their new leader
Alternative title:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: January 20, 2017, 05:29:56 pm »

Only problem there is it's the wrong day - the main protesting is tomorrow.

Like, jokes aside, this is completely terrifying - ah, what's the use.
He went so far into bat-shit insane territory that reasonable opposition comes across as libtard histrionics, and so he won.  And now we have to live with it, I guess.

Write this off too, and have fun.  This *is* a grave, it's also literally the future you chose.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17874 on: January 20, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »

git fucking hype

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: January 20, 2017, 05:33:54 pm »

Alternative title:

Channeling Luke Skywalker there.

Trump has not yet resigned from his businesses, despite saying he'd do so (or reportedly had done so)

In brighter (and liberal news) : California proposes ambitious new climate goals. Go California! We rebels! We rebels!, Yeah! lol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: January 20, 2017, 05:36:29 pm »

Alternative title:

That's nothing.  There are apparently some riots going on.  He really hasn't done anything yet, is it worth doing that right this second?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: January 20, 2017, 05:38:33 pm »

He's said plenty.
But no, no, I'm SURE it'll all be fine.  He's too STUPID to be dangerous, right?  He has people for that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17878 on: January 20, 2017, 05:40:28 pm »

Only problem there is it's the wrong day - the main protesting is tomorrow.

Like, jokes aside, this is completely terrifying - ah, what's the use.
He went so far into bat-shit insane territory that reasonable opposition comes across as libtard histrionics, and so he won.  And now we have to live with it, I guess.

Write this off too, and have fun.  This *is* a grave, it's also literally the future you chose.

There is open rebellion. That is an option.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17879 on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:33 pm »

That's nothing.  There are apparently some riots going on.  He really hasn't done anything yet, is it worth doing that right this second?
They gotta keep the fire burning, so to do that they start burning to make fire

This is for them a great opportunity to show their displeasure from day 1, when all the cameras are watching and broadcasting

Is it worth it? Well, it costs them nothing to pay some protestors whilst the message is stronk
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1249