Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387838 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17145 on: January 11, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

Also don't forget that the only reason why Trump lost the popular vote is because Hillary manipulated the election to make Trump lose.

If it was a fair race then Trump would have won by a landslide.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17146 on: January 11, 2017, 04:33:12 pm »

Also don't forget that the only reason why Trump lost the popular vote is because Hillary manipulated the election to make Trump lose.

I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing. Are you saying that, if Trump was the only one running, he would have gotten the majority of the votes?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: January 11, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing. Are you saying that, if Trump was the only one running, he would have gotten the majority of the votes?
I think Neo's being facetious again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: January 11, 2017, 04:42:48 pm »

Neo isn't being facetious, this is just another entry in his aggressive roleplaying of his view of the conservative zeitgeist. This has been going on for a few months now. I can't even remember the last time he posted something for real.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: January 11, 2017, 04:48:10 pm »

Shhh, don't ruin his immersion.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: January 11, 2017, 04:59:29 pm »

Something something NASA eggheads
Something something absentee landowners of Ireland

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: January 11, 2017, 05:53:33 pm »

If we are talking about unfair election distribuion, shouldn't we talk about superdeleates? That is a much more blatant abuse of the sstem.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: January 11, 2017, 05:54:33 pm »

I think Neo's being facetious again.

i thought he was referencing that one trump tweet that said about the same thing.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: January 11, 2017, 06:02:34 pm »

If we are talking about unfair election distribuion, shouldn't we talk about superdeleates? That is a much more blatant abuse of the sstem.
They're technically outside of the system.  Pretty sure the parties aren't obligated to hold primaries at all, they could just choose their candidates by committee.  I guess a lot of parties actually do that, when they aren't big enough to get on the ballots.

Emphasis on "technically", I guess, yeah superdelegates aren't democratic.  Not that they made a difference this year, but still.
Since it'd require convincing party leadership to voluntarily give up power, I guess it's about as likely that we'd remove FPTP as remove superdelegates.  And fixing FPTP would go much farther towards fixing the system...  Superdelegates arguably serve a useful role.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: January 11, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »

Hardly. As far as election faults, superdelegates are very low-tier. While theoretically possible, there is no possible motivation for the parties to use superdelegates to change primary results. The threat of losing legitimacy will keep them what they are, which are gold stars for donators and party veterans.

Superdelegates are one of the last things I'd try to get rid of if I was reforming our elections.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: January 11, 2017, 06:41:34 pm »

If I could fix anything about the election system I'd...Well, make the Presidency popular vote first, but I'd get rid of parties.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: January 11, 2017, 06:58:37 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17157 on: January 11, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »

Best Korea retaliation will be swift

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:21 pm »

Weren't there reports that all of Hilldawg's 3 million lead in the popular vote solely from California? Or is this more "fake news"?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: January 11, 2017, 08:51:44 pm »

That's not really how numbers work. You can arbitrarily isolate any group of leads and call that "the three million".
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 1249