Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387968 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17100 on: January 11, 2017, 07:04:35 am »

Post Sex Traumatic Disorder
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17101 on: January 11, 2017, 07:15:41 am »

I can't believe there are actual people who believe things like this. What's next? "Back in 1969 a channer made the moon landing footage and emailed it to NASA, haha we trolled everyone so hard"?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: January 11, 2017, 07:18:29 am »

"wouldn't it be great to make everyone think we landed on the Moon? that'll show the soviet!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17103 on: January 11, 2017, 09:06:57 am »

So today Trump is to hold a press conference about the accusations of being Russian shill, and allowing the Russians to catch him on camera while being urinated on by prostitutes in the same hotel bed Obama and his wife slept in. Should be interesting.

I was going to post about those accusation stuff, but they've been unverified, so, I decided to hold my fire on that.

Anyhow, Tillerson and a few other cabinet nominees are being in hearings today, CNN has a live blog if you want to keep track of multiple, and also if the Tillerson one lasts more than two hours, since that's when Trumps press conference is in. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/trump-cabinet-confirmation-hearings-live/index.html

If the whole 'Russia has compromising stuff on Trump' thing is true, then this is really, really bad, it's the kind of thing people were worried about as far as unknown assets in Russia. No surprise that Russia is ready to backstab Trump at the first sign of trouble, KGB and all that.

Ukraine.... come on...... http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446 At least it was a more political route than the cloak and dagger route that Russia took and the Ukraine screwing around doesn't seem to have been started by Poroshenko, and possibly an outgrowth of the countries own corruption.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:15:37 am by smjjames »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:52 am »

I can't believe there are actual people who believe things like this. What's next? "Back in 1969 a channer made the moon landing footage and emailed it to NASA, haha we trolled everyone so hard"?
it's a containment board desperately trying to stay (become, really) relevant.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:18:43 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17105 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:36 am »

All boards are containment boards.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:16 am »

4chan is SCP for memes
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17107 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:21 am »

The internet is just one plus-sized containment board.

BTW you might think that US President is the most powerful position on Earth, but the White House is just a containment board for the world's biggest egos.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:53:58 am by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: January 11, 2017, 10:55:48 am »

That's one way of putting it Reelya, lol.

Anyhow, Trump is doing his press conference real soon, wonder what he'll say in response to questions, heh.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:00:11 am by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: January 11, 2017, 11:19:15 am »

Hur, hur. It's happening anyway. Also, they saw at the presser that they brought loads of folders downstairs before the presser and are on a table.

Is Trump about to be incredibly generous?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: January 11, 2017, 11:44:28 am »

So it looks like he's going to turn his stuff over to his sons. The folders are all paperwork related to that, apparently.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17111 on: January 11, 2017, 12:21:54 pm »

Trump has left the press conference. 

He told journalists Russia will (be made to) respect America more when he would be in the Oval Office, said a report on bolstering American cyberdefences would be released in 90 days and exchanged pleasantries with Buzzfeed, calling them fake news and a "failing pile of garbage".
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17112 on: January 11, 2017, 12:39:16 pm »

I'd say "I hope America bans vaccines"

But given my track record... it would actually happen...

try hoping that the last year and a half of Trump's talk was all clever lies, and his cabinet are just there to fill a chair, and that hes really the hyper-competent best president we know he isn't.

Neoniveck, we're waiting, don't let your pride be the downfall of us all!!!!!

But does it work that way? I thought my powers only worked if I hoped for mean and spiteful things on the US?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17113 on: January 11, 2017, 12:46:11 pm »

Trump has left the press conference. 

He told journalists Russia will (be made to) respect America more when he would be in the Oval Office, said a report on bolstering American cyberdefences would be released in 90 days and exchanged pleasantries with Buzzfeed, calling them fake news and a "failing pile of garbage".

Don't forget that Trump labeled Meryl Streep a complete hack of an actress the other day. Can't wait until Trump labels Morgan Freeman a big smelly ugly poopyhead.

EDIT: Oops. I should always check. Trump did actually take a shot at a movie Freeman happened to be in after Freeman endorsed Clinton. Trump's fairly predictable with the cheapshots against anyone who supports anyone else.

Although he's pretty right about Buzzfeed, but a broken clock is right twice a day.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:58:07 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17114 on: January 11, 2017, 12:50:50 pm »

Shouldn't we be more concerned about America's "Cyberdefense"?
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1249