Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395883 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #15855 on: December 17, 2016, 10:58:40 am »

China says they'll return the underwater research drone.

Their apparent reason for not knowing what it was is BS, even if convenient diplomatically.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: December 17, 2016, 10:59:46 am »

China will grow larger
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15857 on: December 17, 2016, 11:08:15 am »

They are certainly throwing their weight around regionally.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: December 17, 2016, 11:43:30 am »

Taking the drone was just a way of saying "we will take what we want, whenever we want", referring to the South Chinese Sea.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: December 17, 2016, 11:48:05 am »

I suspect that one of these days some Chinese captain is going to go too far and get a couple of 5-inch shells put into his ship. They certainly seem to be going down that road, anyway.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: December 17, 2016, 11:52:53 am »

Taking the drone was just a way of saying "we will take what we want, whenever we want", referring to the South Chinese Sea.
Do Chinese even understand any language other than strength? I know that Russian Coast Guard regularly shoots the fuck outta the Chinese vessels that try to fish in Russian waters, and they still keep coming in numbers despite that.
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: December 17, 2016, 11:54:18 am »

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/donald-trump-accuses-china-of-unpresidented-act-over-us-navy-drone/news-story/2ebbbc7c24543a9670dbed8520ec282f

Trump just accused China of taking Unpresidented actions. Don't say Trump doesn't enrich the language. I think the thread should get a new by-line now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15862 on: December 17, 2016, 11:55:17 am »

Is this in response to Trump talking to Taiwan #1

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: December 17, 2016, 11:57:07 am »

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/donald-trump-accuses-china-of-unpresidented-act-over-us-navy-drone/news-story/2ebbbc7c24543a9670dbed8520ec282f

Trump just accused China of taking Unpresidented actions. Don't say Trump doesn't enrich the language. I think the thread should get a new by-line now.
That's the second time you made me laugh out loud today. Or perhaps the IKEA nuke was yesterday.

All Hail Trump, precedent of the United States
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15864 on: December 17, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »

OMG, this never ends. Now Trump is having a rant about how horrible his own supporters were at his own rallies:
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/donald-trump-to-supporters-at-orlando-rally-you-were-nasty-mean-and-vicious/news-story/8483d47b46cc8b88b8f89e2b72fe333a
Quote from: Trump Speech
You people were vicious, violent, screaming, ‘Where’s the wall? We want the wall!’ Screaming, ‘Prison! Prison! Lock her up!’ I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious

The man is the definition of narcissistic self-delusion. The crazy frenzy his supporters were whipped up into at his rallies are nothing to do with him, it's clearly everyone else who is the problem. Forget right wing or left wing here. You've just elected someone with severe mental problems. I'm calling this now for a one-term presidency.

Even with the incumbency advantage, I just can't see any way the country can function like this, and he's not even in yet. Trump could possible cause an "unpresidented" situation where he's "unpresidented" by his own party after < one term.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:27:16 pm by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: December 17, 2016, 12:26:01 pm »

*shrug* When you are a star they let you do it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: December 17, 2016, 12:28:06 pm »

"You actually listened to me? My God what's wrong with you people?" is what comes across from Trump now. Perhaps he really doesn't want a second term.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: December 17, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »

I still don't think he really wanted the first term, he just needed to run.  The awkward scramble of this transition is confirming that.
The act of running (and somehow becoming the nominee, no less) gave him a more significant page in the history books, and that's pretty important to a man who otherwise has everything.  Actually becoming president is... technically even better...  But I don't think his heart's in it.

Heck this might actually be a disaster from his perspective.  Instead of being remembered as the people's champion, crushed by the establishment, potentially a revolutionary leader...
Now he actually has to lead.
And, based on his corporate management and everything he's done during this transition, he's just not equipped for that.  He's not going to even be a mediocre president, much less live up to the hype he's built up.  The legend he could have had, if he had lost.

It's kinda tragic, really, and the only winners are his neocon picks.  As usual.  I used to say the Republicans would help impeach him and install Mike Pence, but that really depends on how impatient they are with their spite.  I bet they let him stay in place and take all the blame, as they continue to do what they always do.  Just like Bush/Cheney...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: December 17, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »

That depends on how badly he goes. If it's really going south, and the Republicans give him a free hand, then they really might have problems in 2018.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: December 17, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »

Or the actual neocons will do their things, America will suffer long-term, and he'll take the blame.  Either by going along with it because he's floundering, or by trying to stop them - or should I say, "Having a breakdown and blaming the team he picked, destabilizing the government".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 1249