Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395632 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #15720 on: December 16, 2016, 05:30:55 am »

Unnamed security officials said it was highly likely Putin

ok then. anyone that can put a name/agency to claims? I mean you all keep repeating this at some point someone must have stumbled upon something that's not echo of rumors, rite?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: December 16, 2016, 05:31:20 am »

a high glutton diet somehow makes you vote for Trump.

Eating gluttons is bad for your health.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: December 16, 2016, 05:55:23 am »

reports coming out of over a dozen established intelligence agencies on the other side

plz cite reports and name agencies, heard too many 'muh 17 agencies' without anyone ever providing anything that didn't link all the way back to Washington Post 'nonymous informant', and at this point I'm more curious than anything

FOX News claims to have independently verified the Russian hacking
https://mediamatters.org/node/742611
From the December 15 edition of Fox News’ The Kelly File:

CATHERINE HERRIDGE: Fox News has independently confirmed that Russian-backed cyber militias were targeting US systems and influential US persons in the summer of 2015, and the operation evolved into an effort to interfere in the US election. These operations were sanctioned by the highest levels of the Russian government.

After the FBI director’s July statement about the Clinton email investigation, a government source says there was a reluctance to further insert government institutions and their assessments into an already deeply politicized election cycle. A leading cybersecurity expert says the intelligence community reviewed the techniques, tactics, and procedures leveraged in the attacks and made the link to Russia. In October, the agencies and Homeland Security, or DHS, went on the record, though Putin was not mentioned by name.

So it's been claimed as verified by both right and left wing mainstream media outlets.

BTW "17 agencies" is the exact number of agencies who are overseen by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. So when they claim the "17 agencies" have agreed that this is the case, they're saying that ODNI has confirmed that there a consensus among the intelligence agencies that report to it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:02:03 am by Reelya »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: December 16, 2016, 05:55:44 am »

Is Trump the most incompetent person in the universe or something?

It is like, according to the narrative, EVERYONE has won his election EXCEPT him.

The Liberals Won it, Hillary Clinton Won it, Russia Won it, Nazi Magic Won it.

I swear later on they are going to reveal that a high glutton diet somehow makes you vote for Trump.

People are saying that the dems lost it rather than trump winning it because he had the lowest republican turnout for a long time. Hillary just had an even greater decrease.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: December 16, 2016, 05:59:43 am »

All I can for be for the Trump v intelligence agencies is that the CIA reported on it in a senate meeting.

Because of washPo's habit of self reference it's hard to be sure, but "17 agencies" seems to stem from this quote in the original story

The CIA presentation to senators about Russia’s intentions fell short of a formal U.S. assessment produced by all 17 intelligence agencies. A senior U.S. official said there were minor disagreements among intelligence officials about the agency’s assessment, in part because some questions remain unanswered.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: December 16, 2016, 06:13:49 am »

BTW
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joint-statement-department-homeland-security-and-office-director-national

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities.

In other words, NSA and ODNI directly state they're confident the email hacks etc were done by the Russians, and could only be done by senior state-level actors within Russia.

Some states have also recently seen scanning and probing of their election-related systems, which in most cases originated from servers operated by a Russian company. However, we are not now in a position to attribute this activity to the Russian Government.

And there was also direct evidence of Russian-owned servers trying to hack election machines in the USA, but they didn't have direct evidence linking that specific activity to the Russian government as of October when that statement was released.

So, no WaPo isn't the only source. This is a public document from the agencies involved.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15726 on: December 16, 2016, 06:16:12 am »

Is Trump the most incompetent person in the universe or something?
It is like, according to the narrative, EVERYONE has won his election EXCEPT him.
The Liberals Won it, Hillary Clinton Won it, Russia Won it, Nazi Magic Won it.
I swear later on they are going to reveal that a high glutton diet somehow makes you vote for Trump.
We keep going back to this, but there is no "the narrative."
Progressives say rich whites won it for Trump, or white men and women of all income brackets won it for Trump.
White House says that Vladimir Putin won it for Trump. Kremlin calls this laughable nonsense and asks for proof.
Liberals say it's because of PC liberals that Trump won.
Other liberals say it's because of the smugness running rife in American liberalism that has completely undone American liberalism.
Others say it is because Trump is el Teflon juan whilst Hillary is calcified, career-ending scandals bounce off him and stick to her.
Smart liberals suggested it was because Trump harnessed anti-establishment anger, emerging from the RNC as an outsider amidst a mountain of Republican skulls to "drain the swamp" versus the Wallstreet candidate.
Nazi meme magic theory, that Trump won because one Anon got the most powerful repeating integers is clearly true and everyone who says otherwise is a shill.
Then there's the MSM lacking any integrity whatsoever to maximum absurdity. Same people complaining about fake news don't want to confront the fact that they stopped being journalists.
Rather obviously many people can safely finger the email scandal as having scarred Clinton's campaign, perhaps moreso than her record of destroying Middle Eastern nations or being the Wallstreet candidate.
Then there's how in addition to Jill Stein, Clinton had to deal with the Bernie gorilla warfare within her own party that made everyone salty.
There's also the man himself, who ran a campaign that all the experts said was doomed to failure. He spent more on hats than on pollsters, the pollsters ended up deluding Clinton's camp into complacency whilst his camp had sick hats. He traveled to states like Wisconsin and Michigan that experts said he couldn't mathematically sway, he went there anyways and won. He was vastly outspent by the Clinton campaign and all of these decisions were ridiculed by experts, and all of these decisions led to victory.

Also amusingly, in the voting recount led by Jill Stein in an effort to win crucial states, Trump increased his votecount as it was revealed officials accidentally gave Clinton 22,748 more votes than she actually got.

What you need to realize and take it to heart is that there is no "the narrative." Everyone who has a voice can make one, and all of the above and more are probably all relevant factors (especially meme magic) in having determined the ultimate victory. It is also impossible to judge someone's competency based off of what others are saying, as what others are saying have no bearing on how one acts. Doesn't matter how many people say Jackie Chan can't fight, Jackie Chan can fight :P

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #15727 on: December 16, 2016, 06:16:44 am »

I'm not sure, the Russian hacking is based from reports by the intelligence agencies, whereas that story is in 'aim.org' and cites pjmedia as it's source. 'Aim.org' should be taken with a grain of salt. When one of their header tabs is "Benghazi" then you know you have a winner right there. One of their headlines is "The Red Diaper Baby in Obama’s Red Cover-Up":
The shocking truth can finally be told. His parents, Elliott and Mary Maraniss, along with Davis, were members of the same international conspiracy which had groomed Obama for the presidency, in order to hasten the decline and destruction of the United States.
^ And I didn't even have to search to find this. Open aim.org, click "CIJ Reports" and it's the third link on that page.

"Aim" claims to be a media watchdog against liberal media, except it's just a clearinghouse for bizarre conspiracy theories and "news of the world" level tabloid stuff. Compare that to Media Matters, which is a liberal watchdog of conservative news. Except everything Media Matters says is true: they just state what the conservatives are saying and basically let you make up your own mind about the spin.

So, it's crazy loon fringe websites saying that Obama Communist stuff, as opposed to reports coming out of over a dozen established intelligence agencies on the other side. Sure, both are saying that the Russians are trying to influence the USA, but the sources and information content are completely different, not "perfect symmetry" whatsoever.

That's why I cited AIM. Because it produce garbage-level news stories.

I don't know if you remember the shitshow that happened with the FBI during the election or with the CIA's Iraqi weapon of mass destructions but they absolutely cannot ever be trusted on any levels. It's also completely irrelevant anyway : the USA itself is know to spy and interfere with Europe's politics all the time.

Hell the NSA was caught red handed stealing industrial secrets and spying on our politicians and now they have the balls of complaining about e-mails leaked to American public? After operation Gladio?
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15728 on: December 16, 2016, 06:23:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, forgot one more reason Trump won - the hubris of his opponent to assume that Presidency was an entitlement, not a duty

That's why I cited AIM. Because it produce garbage-level news stories.
I don't know if you remember the shitshow that happened with the FBI during the election or with the CIA's Iraqi weapon of mass destructions but they absolutely cannot ever be trusted on any levels. It's also completely irrelevant anyway : the USA itself is know to spy and interfere with Europe's politics all the time.
It is agonizing. Maybe Americans will not let their leaders interfere in US elections after this

Hell the NSA was caught red handed stealing industrial secrets and spying on our politicians and now they have the balls of complaining about e-mails leaked to American public? After operation Gladio?
Yeah but American people have to follow the law, when you have power fuck the people
t. Ballsy agent

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: December 16, 2016, 06:29:22 am »

Hillary just had an even greater decrease.

Whaaat?

The latest election totals showed that Mrs Clinton, who lost to outsider Mr Trump last month, has received more votes than Mr Obama did in his 2012 victory, according to data from the National Archives and a running total by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.
She has overtaken Mr Trump by nearly 2.8 million votes (48% to Mr Trump's 46%).
Mrs Clinton's lead is the largest of the five times when a US presidential candidate won the popular vote but failed to win the election.
In fact, aside from Mr Obama's 2008 win, Mrs Clinton has received more votes than any other US presidential candidate in history.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #15730 on: December 16, 2016, 06:31:07 am »

Of course the AI cannot easily deal with fuzziness on its own

IDK, what does "on it's own" even mean in this context? An AI is a construct, it is what it is. The whole idea that computer programs "can't deal" with multi-value variables (which is what "fuzzy" logic basically means) is based on a pile of hollywood assumptions and pre-existing biases.

The "floating point number" is a built-in data type in CPUs, and is inherently "fuzzy". It's just as "inherent" as bits and bytes. So in other words the tools to implement fuzzy logic are already implemented at the hardware level, let alone the software level. How about Neural Networks? Those are AI, and they consist of nothing but fuzzy logic calculations, and the whole thing can be easily implemented with very low level code which calls basic hardware-level CPU functions. That's exactly AI utilizing fuzzy logic "on it's own".

After all, neurons are binary they have two states: firing or not firing. Yet the whole human thing is implemented on top of that basis.
Ah, I meant "the AI which has not been programmed to 'think fuzzily' will find it hard to develop that ability".

Hillary just had an even greater decrease.

Whaaat?

The latest election totals showed that Mrs Clinton, who lost to outsider Mr Trump last month, has received more votes than Mr Obama did in his 2012 victory, according to data from the National Archives and a running total by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.
She has overtaken Mr Trump by nearly 2.8 million votes (48% to Mr Trump's 46%).
Mrs Clinton's lead is the largest of the five times when a US presidential candidate won the popular vote but failed to win the election.
In fact, aside from Mr Obama's 2008 win, Mrs Clinton has received more votes than any other US presidential candidate in history.
Maybe he's talking percentage of the population?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15731 on: December 16, 2016, 06:34:40 am »

2016 keeps making me think of this good old metal song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ODNxy3YOPU
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15733 on: December 16, 2016, 06:40:41 am »

This is my 2016 jam
"How can we win, when fools can be kings". Very fitting indeed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:43:43 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1249