Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395671 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #15705 on: December 15, 2016, 10:35:22 pm »

Why is everyone so bad at statistics?
Human's logical part of the brain isn't naturally well-suited for fuzzy and uncertain statements.
Sergarr you've managed to reverse the Hollywood evil AI logic. It' s humans that are supposed to be good at handling fuzziness and the uncertain, and robots which are stuck in their programming.
Of course the AI cannot easily deal with fuzziness on its own, but it can be programmed to do so. Fuzzy logic and such.

And "humans cannot innately fuzzmath well" =/= "robots can innately fuzzmath well".
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:35 pm »

Of course the AI cannot easily deal with fuzziness on its own

IDK, what does "on it's own" even mean in this context? An AI is a construct, it is what it is. The whole idea that computer programs "can't deal" with multi-value variables (which is what "fuzzy" logic basically means) is based on a pile of hollywood assumptions and pre-existing biases.

The "floating point number" is a built-in data type in CPUs, and is inherently "fuzzy". It's just as "inherent" as bits and bytes. So in other words the tools to implement fuzzy logic are already implemented at the hardware level, let alone the software level. How about Neural Networks? Those are AI, and they consist of nothing but fuzzy logic calculations, and the whole thing can be easily implemented with very low level code which calls basic hardware-level CPU functions. That's exactly AI utilizing fuzzy logic "on it's own".

After all, neurons are binary they have two states: firing or not firing. Yet the whole human thing is implemented on top of that basis.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:40:41 pm by Reelya »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: December 16, 2016, 02:23:44 am »

the leaks were clearly from Russian sources from the beginning.

there are TWO named sources it was an insider, but eh. keep believing the inane 'Putin was involved directly' like yeah, he personally flew to Penn to stuff ballots.

Which one? The only one I saw was a British ex-ambassador with an axe to grind.

That, Assanage and Comey. Each has a different axe to grind but still, closest sourced claim and definitely better than 'someone said Russia' - which'd be at the same level of FBIAnon as credibility.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: December 16, 2016, 02:34:38 am »

IDK, what does "on it's own" even mean in this context? An AI is a construct, it is what it is. The whole idea that computer programs "can't deal" with multi-value variables (which is what "fuzzy" logic basically means) is based on a pile of hollywood assumptions and pre-existing biases.

The "floating point number" is a built-in data type in CPUs, and is inherently "fuzzy". It's just as "inherent" as bits and bytes. So in other words the tools to implement fuzzy logic are already implemented at the hardware level, let alone the software level. How about Neural Networks? Those are AI, and they consist of nothing but fuzzy logic calculations, and the whole thing can be easily implemented with very low level code which calls basic hardware-level CPU functions. That's exactly AI utilizing fuzzy logic "on it's own".

After all, neurons are binary they have two states: firing or not firing. Yet the whole human thing is implemented on top of that basis.
Er, I'm pretty sure there are degrees of firing, but yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: December 16, 2016, 02:56:06 am »

Obama promised Russia that he will take measures to punish Russia for meddling with the US elections.
"I think there is no doubt, that when a foreign nation tries to influence the integrity of our elections, we need to take action... And we will. In a time and place of our choosing. Some of it may be made public, some of it may not. Mister Putin known what my stance on this is, I have spoken to him directly about it."

So if anytime soon you see a Russian nuclear plant go Tsjernobyl, it's probably Obama's counterhacking team.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: December 16, 2016, 03:48:41 am »

Nah, Obama would do nothing. "time and place of our choosing" is basically: let me stall just enough time to kick it down the road and blame Trump for all of this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: December 16, 2016, 04:25:34 am »

Er, I'm pretty sure there are degrees of firing, but yeah.
Sometimes. He's talking about action potentials, though, which are all or nothing. There are some forms of neural communication, usually dendrite-to-dendrite, that are more graduated. But the most famous form is the AP which is all-or-nothing and only fires when another form of graduated communication sums up enough to flip it and fire.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: December 16, 2016, 04:32:21 am »

What did the Russian do anyway? Publish unedited e-mails of the Clinton Administration?
Just to put things in perspective, America and its allies armed Syrian rebels, once again in total disregard for international law. This is unproven, and would be very tame if it was true.

I also don't see how anything discussed would make Trump a "Russian prostitute". If the CIA can and is willing to send us proof of corruption of Belgian officials, please do. The E-mails were a very interesting insight in the inner working of Clinton's administration and a lot of peoples didn't like what they saw.

Honestly, I am once again seeing a perfect symmetry between Republicans and Democrats at this point, with a red scare 2.0 that is the mirror image of this
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/communist-defector-speaks-out-on-americas-marxist-future/
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15713 on: December 16, 2016, 04:46:39 am »

What did the Russian do anyway? Publish unedited e-mails of the Clinton Administration?
Just to put things in perspective, America and its allies armed Syrian rebels, once again in total disregard for international law. This is unproven, and would be very tame if it was true.
I also don't see how anything discussed would make Trump a "Russian prostitute". If the CIA can and is willing to send us proof of corruption of Belgian officials, please do. The E-mails were a very interesting insight in the inner working of Clinton's administration and a lot of peoples didn't like what they saw.
Honestly, I am once again seeing a perfect symmetry between Republicans and Democrats at this point, with a red scare 2.0 that is the mirror image of this
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/communist-defector-speaks-out-on-americas-marxist-future/
It is rather funny seeing Hillary not defend the content of the emails but attack that they're public at all
Delicious corruption
I also can't take much stock in Democrat narratives of national sovereignty without foreign influence when Obama, Clinton and Trump all tried to affect the UK's referendum on national sovereignty without foreign influence :|

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: December 16, 2016, 04:49:40 am »

That's because you're not a real country, you're all just automaton clone buds taken from the Queen's back mole. Technically, they were all only trying to influence one person, and she's not even of this Earth anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: December 16, 2016, 04:51:59 am »

I'm not sure, the Russian hacking is based from reports by the intelligence agencies, whereas that story is in 'aim.org' and cites pjmedia as it's source. 'Aim.org' should be taken with a grain of salt. When one of their header tabs is "Benghazi" then you know you have a winner right there. One of their headlines is "The Red Diaper Baby in Obama’s Red Cover-Up":
The shocking truth can finally be told. His parents, Elliott and Mary Maraniss, along with Davis, were members of the same international conspiracy which had groomed Obama for the presidency, in order to hasten the decline and destruction of the United States.
^ And I didn't even have to search to find this. Open aim.org, click "CIJ Reports" and it's the third link on that page.

"Aim" claims to be a media watchdog against liberal media, except it's just a clearinghouse for bizarre conspiracy theories and "news of the world" level tabloid stuff. Compare that to Media Matters, which is a liberal watchdog of conservative news. Except everything Media Matters says is true: they just state what the conservatives are saying and basically let you make up your own mind about the spin.

So, it's crazy loon fringe websites saying that Obama Communist stuff, as opposed to reports coming out of over a dozen established intelligence agencies on the other side. Sure, both are saying that the Russians are trying to influence the USA, but the sources and information content are completely different, not "perfect symmetry" whatsoever.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:54:23 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15716 on: December 16, 2016, 04:53:06 am »

That's because you're not a real country, you're all just automaton clone buds taken from the Queen's back mole. Technically, they were all only trying to influence one person, and she's not even of this Earth anyway.
Check your mammal privilege, xenos clonebuds are people too

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: December 16, 2016, 05:08:21 am »

reports coming out of over a dozen established intelligence agencies on the other side

plz cite reports and name agencies, heard too many 'muh 17 agencies' without anyone ever providing anything that didn't link all the way back to Washington Post 'nonymous informant', and at this point I'm more curious than anything

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15718 on: December 16, 2016, 05:19:44 am »

plz cite reports and name agencies, heard too many 'muh 17 agencies' without anyone ever providing anything that didn't link all the way back to Washington Post 'nonymous informant', and at this point I'm more curious than anything
Inb4 why would people supporting Clinton be supporting Clinton
it doesn't make sense

*EDIT
From reuters
Unnamed security officials said it was highly likely Putin either commanded intelligence gathering operations on the US or else had knowledge of them, and allowed it to happen, on the basis that it's unlikely the KGB man doesn't know what his own people are doing. They say their rationale for Putin influencing the US elections is that Putin went from merely showing the Americans that their politicians are just as corrupt as he is to showing that only Clinton is as corrupt as he is.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:27:44 am by Loud Whispers »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: December 16, 2016, 05:24:29 am »

Is Trump the most incompetent person in the universe or something?

It is like, according to the narrative, EVERYONE has won his election EXCEPT him.

The Liberals Won it, Hillary Clinton Won it, Russia Won it, Nazi Magic Won it.

I swear later on they are going to reveal that a high glutton diet somehow makes you vote for Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1249