Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390147 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #14925 on: December 04, 2016, 02:22:08 pm »

How'd you get the toilet paper to fold?
Didn't you know?  Half-German toilet paper is made out of construction paper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: December 04, 2016, 02:22:20 pm »

Oooooh, you use real candles too? We'll have to do a comparison in a couple weeks. Ours will be better.

I almost despise the secular Christmas as much as I do the real one. This nation's holiday culture is a neurotic mess and should be opposed.
Best way of doing that is celebrating Christmas properly: Few decorations, few to no presents*, no stress, lots of baking, lots of quality time with the family/SO/hobo at the park/whoever. Stick it to all the Christmas phoneys out there!

*I actually suggested this as a kid. The rest of my family was opposed...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: December 04, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »

I think more likely you will see "why do millennials hate Christmas" whine articles before it all manages to fuse into one morass.

Well "Millennials" is a catch all term for "People younger than me I don't like"...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: December 04, 2016, 02:54:26 pm »

Oooooh, you use real candles too? We'll have to do a comparison in a couple weeks. Ours will be better.

I almost despise the secular Christmas as much as I do the real one. This nation's holiday culture is a neurotic mess and should be opposed.
Best way of doing that is celebrating Christmas properly: Few decorations, few to no presents*, no stress, lots of baking, lots of quality time with the family/SO/hobo at the park/whoever. Stick it to all the Christmas phoneys out there!

This is pretty much how we celebrate Christmas. Then do the same thing again for New Years. Especially now since my current job lets me have my holidays. I miss my holiday pay though.

Cooking for like 3-4 families is fun. Cleaning after it, not so much.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: December 04, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »

He, this year's tree is nothing exceptionnal to look at. But sure, we can share pics. I disagree about the "few presents" rules though. It's kinda of a point of pride that opening all the presents takes up to four or five hours in my family.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: December 04, 2016, 03:16:33 pm »

New Donald Tweets: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. (sidenote: I hate Tweeter)

Basically, he wants to put a 35% tax on products of any company which outsources jobs. Which includes almost every major company in USA. Given the usual profit margins, this will put a significant portion of them out of business very fast, destroying USA economy in one swift strike - if he manages to implement that, which would be hard, seeing as it would require the Republican Congress to comply, and those people hate taxes.
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: December 04, 2016, 03:21:20 pm »

It sounds more like (and is more in line with his previous statements) that he wants to place a 35% tariff on any commerce that was once in the United States and now is not, but doesn't know what he's talking about and so calls it a tax.

Which is of course is still: a. utterly unclassifiable and unenforceable as well as b. horrifically destructive to the US and world economy, but is not as openly insane as an uneven 35% business tax.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14932 on: December 04, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »

Holy cow Donald Trump that is apocalyptic!... can... you go back to having the corporations control America? That seemed to go better for everyone.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: December 04, 2016, 03:33:42 pm »

"Trade wars" for 1000, Alex
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: December 04, 2016, 03:50:56 pm »

Basically, he wants to put a 35% tax on products of any company which outsources jobs. Which includes almost every major company in USA. Given the usual profit margins, this will put a significant portion of them out of business very fast, destroying USA economy in one swift strike - if he manages to implement that, which would be hard, seeing as it would require the Republican Congress to comply, and those people hate taxes.

That's been his position and he has said that and similar throughout the campaign.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: December 04, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »

I just hate how the "Spirit" of it starts earlier and earlier.

Like, August hits and stores are stuffed with Christmas and Halloween decorations literally an aisle away.  Eventually Christmas will fuse with Easter and make everything confusing.

The US is a bit like a modern-day Roman Empire. Basically, are lives will get filled up with meaningless holidays and various ways to keep us distracted from an imminent political implosion until someone comes along or there's a civil war and then we'll get a ton of reforms and then the cycle starts over and keeps repeating its self until we're devoid of resources--then a successor state will conquer us and we'll fade slowly into obscurity.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: December 04, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »

It hasn't been a month yet since Trump became a President-Elect, and he has already created a major international incident (with Taiwan), and promised a policy that would make USA economy implode in an instant.

Now think about what could happen in four years. Or, if Democrats fail to mobilize their forces back together/Republican successfully suppress the "bad-color" voters, eight years of pure unadulterated Trump Presidency.

It may be a good idea for you to start preparing for a plan B to prematurely end Trump's rule of terror before he destroys USA and the world.
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: December 04, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

Yeah, but of course it remains to be seen if he'll actually do it, or if he'll just keep paying tax-break-ransoms.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:12 pm »

That's been his position and he has said that and similar throughout the campaign.

Yeah but people thought he meant Tariffs that would allow American companies to remain competitive... Like 10% markup or something.

Not 35% increase on everything coming from outside the US!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: December 04, 2016, 03:56:08 pm »

It may be a good idea for you to start preparing for a plan B to prematurely end Trump's rule of terror before he destroys USA and the world.

Plan B would be the electoral college. I mean, it's the name of the morning-after pill, and that's as close as it gets.
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1249