Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395055 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13590 on: November 21, 2016, 08:01:23 pm »

Neon is just being edgy in AmeriPol. It's all we've got now that maniac is in hell and RK is on hiatus, don't mess it up for us.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: November 21, 2016, 08:02:17 pm »

So a trump advisor accidentally leaked his own security plan...

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/800777904607137796
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/kris-kobach-homeland-security-plan
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"KOBACH DHS PLAN
1. Bar the Entry of Potential Terrorists.
2. Deport Record Number of Criminal Aliens in the First Year"

nice one Kris

HAHAHAHA

Nobody's paying attention to the last one? Something something nefarious about voter rolls, directing the DOJ to do something and amending the National Voter ________. Can't trust em Republicans.

Also, what's up with him being sloppy and revealing something that is supposed to be confidential? Though granted much of it is already known Trump policy.

Also, rapid build, I wonder how they'll accomplish that because they'll need infrastructure along the wall.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: November 21, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »

Neon is just being edgy in AmeriPol. It's all we've got now that maniac is in hell and RK is on hiatus, don't mess it up for us.

Yeah I am just satirizing the tendency of the victors in recent politics lately to justify everything on the basis that they won... even to the point of saying that all criticism prior to the victory was harassment.

Mostly because it represents a breakdown of society and responsibility.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:31 pm »

Nobody is actually doing that besides Donald Trump and his pedophile cultist voter segment, though. There are also literally people in the streets demanding Trump surrender the election because he's unfit in spite of winning it. Nobody else thinks this is "the way the world really is" now, in fact they're already gearing up to try and ruin Trump's life by using his weaknesses against him.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: November 21, 2016, 08:07:59 pm »

Guy's not even in office yet guys. Sure, shit is comming, but its a bit tenous to be blaming the future trump administration for the standing rock issue, even indirectly.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:30 pm »

Nobody is actually doing that besides Donald Trump and his pedophile cultist voter segment, though.

Well... That isn't true.

Not unless there are a LOT of pedophile cultist voters in the USA... and Bay12...

Guy's not even in office yet guys. Sure, shit is comming, but its a bit tenous to be blaming the future trump administration for the standing rock issue, even indirectly.

Honestly he isn't even in office yet and he is managing to screw it up. He is like a savant.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: November 21, 2016, 08:10:15 pm »

I'm being spurious here, I just mean his extreme and genuine supporters, who as we've previously established are the minority of Trump voters.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: November 21, 2016, 08:11:28 pm »

I'm being spurious here, I just mean his extreme and genuine supporters, who as we've previously established are the minority of Trump voters.

Ohh no I am talking about his typical voters. Remember how many articles there are about how Democrats won Trump the election and how wrong they are?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: November 21, 2016, 08:11:33 pm »

The standing rock issue was just waiting to explode for a decent while now, I should've figured it'd happen right after the election.

Why the hell are they using concussion grenades though? Has it gotten that bad already that they're using deadly munitions? Concussion grenades is the kind of shit you use against of group of enemies, not rioters.

I can't say for sure that the people spreading this story know what caused the injury, or that it isn't an image unrelated to the protests being used to fabricate something.  I'll be doing a little more digging when I get home.  But I have little reason to doubt after all the other horrendous shit that's been well established to have happened there already.

And I don't think you can even call the standing rock protests riot.  I've seen absolutely nothing so far indicating less than 100% peaceful protest.  Although I admit I've only been paying passive attention to the situation.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: November 21, 2016, 08:11:41 pm »

http://mauitime.com/news/politics/democratic-rep-tulsi-gabbard-met-with-president-elect-donald-trump-this-morning/

Quote from: Tulsi Gabbard
“While the rules of political expediency would say I should have refused to meet with President-elect Trump, I never have and never will play politics with American and Syrian lives.

“Serving the people of Hawaiʻi and our nation is an honor and responsibility that I do not take lightly.  Representing the aloha spirit and diversity of the people of Hawaiʻi, I will continue to seek common ground to deliver results that best serve all Americans, as I have tried to do during my time in Congress.

“Where I disagree with President-elect Trump on issues, I will not hesitate to express that disagreement.  However, I believe we can disagree, even strongly, but still come together on issues that matter to the American people and affect their daily lives. We cannot allow continued divisiveness to destroy our country.

She wasn't just in the military, she volunteered to go with her brothers and sisters to Iraq during the war, my whole angle about her possibly being able to court military voters is due to the "I've been there, like fuck I'm sending you back lightly" bit.

Until I see the American-Samoan Hindu woman come out cheering Bannon and his hateful ways rather than trying to get in good with Trump to counter the harm of fuckers like Bannon, I'm gonna assume the latter reason is more likely.

Sticking to purity in the name of his ideological guns didn't do shit for Bernie in the end, did it? Politics is a game, if she wants to play it and get an influential position in the Trump administration, let her. Can you think of someone else you'd rather have trying to steer Trump on these matters?
So there are pictures out there of a woman who was supposedly hit in the arm with a concussion grenade during the Standing Rock crackdown last night.  Her arm is gruesomely blown open to the core, and will likely have to be amputated.

There is not nearly enough outrage about this situation.  That a group of people can be openly treated like this right in the middle of the continental United States for so long flies in the face of all the claims I hear from people about how I shouldn't be so cynical.  Its direct contradiction to every time someone tells me the government isn't willing to brutalize its own people if it really needs to to get its way, or the way of its corporate allies. 
Ah, see, you said "people" there, but I think you're talking about Native Americans and their supporters, the time for a rights movement and outrage on their behalf would have been before they were wiped from the country and reduced to a bit part in the history books, sadly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14:20 pm »

Nobody is actually doing that besides Donald Trump and his pedophile cultist voter segment, though. There are also literally people in the streets demanding Trump surrender the election because he's unfit in spite of winning it. Nobody else thinks this is "the way the world really is" now, in fact they're already gearing up to try and ruin Trump's life by using his weaknesses against him.

Yeah, a lot of people, including the Republicans, are in a wait-and-see approach. For me, his chance would begin Jan. 20th, though so far, it's not looking like it would be great.

Honestly he isn't even in office yet and he is managing to screw it up. He is like a savant.

No, it's because he is corrupt, not a politician, and incompetent.

If he doesn't start a nuclear war or get embroiled in some scandal or diplomatic incident within the first week (or maybe month? sometimes things need to percolate), then he's at least on the right path.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: November 21, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »

One reason I am always suspicious of reports of Riots is because of two situations
1) It is a small group of people who are part of the protest causing havoc and otherwise the protest isn't involved beyond used as cover.
and
2) The attempt to stop the protest causes a riot.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: November 21, 2016, 08:15:35 pm »

Ohh no I am talking about his typical voters. Remember how many articles there are about how Democrats won Trump the election and how wrong they are?

In a way, the Democrats did win Trump the election through their own screwups.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: November 21, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »

In a way, the Democrats did win Trump the election through their own screwups.

True (and once again it is hilarious how even Republicans don't believe Trump can win his own election)

But it is that the rhetoric wasn't about how they were focused on Trump's weaknesses and controversies... But that they were delusional and made everything up.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: November 21, 2016, 08:41:17 pm »

I've been taking pretty much everything I hear about the Standing Rock situation with a pretty large amount of salt, because almost every site that I've seen reporting stuff on it have been pretty damn biased in favor of the protesters. Which is a damn shame, because that's the sort of thing that needs good reporting, and there just ain't getting done.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1249