Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394809 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13560 on: November 21, 2016, 05:29:45 pm »

'Rapid build', eh?

So that's the ahead of schedule part, now he just needs to do it under budget.

(Perhaps Mexico won't just pay for it - they'll pay extra!) ;)

EDIT: By the way, Max, wasn't Tulsi Gabbard that Rep you were all pumped for? Does that still stand with the recent thing of her refusing to denounce Bannon? Because a lot of centipedes seem pretty keen on her right now.

Doubleedit: I confused Frumple with Max, the cardinal sin. Fixed it now.

Dammit Gabbard, why aren't you perfect? You're all, like, warhawkish and Islamophobic and gun-rights-advocacy when I look closer at you.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: November 21, 2016, 05:33:54 pm »

Point to where conflict of interest was his platform....

It may not be a crime to him, but to the Government, it's still a crime.

Simple, when he started giving CEOs very important government positions that would allow them to create laws that benefited businesses. His complete lack of political experience.

Ohh and the fact that OHH RIGHT he told people he would do it... Remember his Libel speech and how self-serving it was? Ohh and the plenty of other policies he advertised that directly benefited himself.

So yes, people voted a President who would do this intentionally. This isn't an "Opps!" situation, the American people asked for a Conflict of interest.

So to ask Trump not to do it is to go against Democracy.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:39:40 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13562 on: November 21, 2016, 05:41:13 pm »

'Rapid build', eh?

EDIT: By the way, Max, wasn't Tulsi Gabbard that Rep you were all pumped for? Does that still stand with the recent thing of her refusing to denounce Bannon? Because a lot of centipedes seem pretty keen on her right now.

Dammit Gabbard, why aren't you perfect? You're all, like, warhawkish and Islamophobic and gun-rights-advocacy when I look closer at you.

She seems about as warhawkish as Hillary, and she did (and is still enlisted actually, I think) serve in the military. I don't see anything on her being islamaphobic or gun-rights advocacy.

Point to where conflict of interest was his platform....

It may not be a crime to him, but to the Government, it's still a crime.

Simple, when he started giving CEOs very important government positions that would allow them to create laws that benefited businesses. His complete lack of political experience.

Ohh and the fact that OHH RIGHT he told people he would do it... Remember his Libel speech and how self-serving it was? Ohh and the plenty of other policies he advertised that directly benefited himself.

So yes, people voted a President who would do this intentionally. This isn't an "Opps!" situation, the American people asked for a Conflict of interest.

So to ask Trump not to do it is to go against Democracy.

FYI, I voted Clinton.....

Yes, it's the choice that ended up being president and we have to deal with the consequences and reprucussions, but it doesn't mean we don't do anything about it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:44:22 pm by smjjames »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13563 on: November 21, 2016, 05:42:45 pm »

'Rapid build', eh?

She seems about as warhawkish as Hillary, and she did (and is still enlisted actually, I think) serve in the military. I don't see anything on her being islamaphobic or gun-rights advocacy.
And Hillary's warhawkishness is one of the worst things about her IMO. (And the Islamophobia is just news, it might not be true. FTFE and all.)
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: November 21, 2016, 05:45:21 pm »

There's nothing inherently wrong with gun rights.

Like honestly, of all things, that is probably the one that is the fuzziest as to harm versus good, especially because it's enshrined in the constitution. Banning assault weapons, for example, does jack shit. Making sure guns are registered and large scale tracking of them so we know that the people have them are okay to have them does shit.

And then I'm fairly interventionist so meh.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: November 21, 2016, 05:45:53 pm »

Yes, it's the choice that ended up being president and we have to deal with the consequences and reprucussions, but it doesn't mean we don't do anything about it

You heard the voters. When the president wins then everything said about the president before hand is considered false and wrong.

Questioning his policies? Wrong!
Questioning his beliefs? Wrong!
Questioning his facts? Wrong
Questioning his strategies? Wrong!
Questioning his controversies? Wrong!
Questioning his qualifications? Wrong!

Face it. Trump is just right. That is the world the US made.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13566 on: November 21, 2016, 05:50:02 pm »

There's nothing inherently wrong with gun rights.
...that's actually one of the liberal things that I'm least liberal about, but that's because we have the extremes of "BAN ALL GUNS" and "TAKIN MUH GUNS."
Like honestly, of all things, that is probably the one that is the fuzziest as to harm versus good, especially because it's enshrined in the constitution. Banning assault weapons, for example, does jack shit. Making sure guns are registered and large scale tracking of them so we know that the people have them are okay to have them does shit.
It's the latter that I want, yeah. Effectiveness matters more than goodfeels.

And about the Constitution: a sufficiently ELITE LIBERAL interpretation will reveal that it referred to the military all along! :P
And then I'm fairly interventionist so meh.
As long as we don't fuck up an entire region while we're at it (wth, Middle East), I can respect that.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: November 21, 2016, 05:50:29 pm »

The closest thing to islamophobia I can see (well, I only looked on Ballotpedia and Wiki) is that she is a 'saudi skeptic'. Being skeptical of an ally with perfectly legit reasons for being skeptical isn't being islamophobic.

And Gabbard has at least actually been in the military.

Yes, it's the choice that ended up being president and we have to deal with the consequences and reprucussions, but it doesn't mean we don't do anything about it

You heard the voters. When the president wins then everything said about the president before hand is considered false and wrong.

Questioning his policies? Wrong!
Questioning his beliefs? Wrong!
Questioning his facts? Wrong
Questioning his strategies? Wrong!
Questioning his controversies? Wrong!
Questioning his qualifications? Wrong!

Face it. Trump is just right. That is the world the US made.

Quit being a trumpite shill would you :P

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13568 on: November 21, 2016, 05:51:40 pm »

The closest thing to islamophobia I can see (well, I only looked on Ballotpedia and Wiki) is that she is a 'saudi skeptic'. Being skeptical of an ally with perfectly legit reasons for being skeptical isn't being islamophobic.
Well FTFE then, because that's just mudslinging.
And Gabbard has at least actually been in the military.
Ah, so she's less likely to throw lives away for oil and lines in the sand. Good.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: November 21, 2016, 05:53:26 pm »

Ok ok :P

I'll stop.

Anyhow the US is in a terrible position right now overall. Not just because Trump won... but because they will bend over backwards to justify it.

I just hope that, eventually, they actually chose to open their eyes instead of blaming Liberals for slander.

Ohh well the US is stuck with Trump for 8 years.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:02:13 pm by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: November 21, 2016, 06:16:17 pm »

Alright, I'll formally predict the future again, fear my latent reality warping might:

Trump Impeached During First Term:20%

Trump Loses 2020: 60%

Trump Impeached During Second Term: 5%

Full-Trump Timeline:15%

Eternal Lame Duck Trump: 35%

Mike Pence Brainslug Trump: 20%

Literal Figurative War With Congress Trump: 30%

Nightmare Effective Trump: 10%

Secret Sauce God-Emperor Trump: 5%

Democrats Nominally Get Shit Together: 45%

Democrats Become Social Justice Losers:25%

Democrats Embrace Unity Above Division: 25%

Permanent Republican "Majority": 5%

NASA Becomes Useless, Thanks Trumpbama: 85%

NASA Founds Space Force, Fights Nobody: 10%

Mars Landing: 30%

Moon Landing: 10%

EM Drive Works As Advertised: 25%

EM Drive Breaks Physics, NASA Director Holds Humanity Hostage With Relativistic Kill Vehicle And Unites Species: 2%
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: November 21, 2016, 06:20:55 pm »

The good news is that Trump's done backflip on gay marriage. He now says he's fine with it, in a tone that almost suggests a quizzical disbelief that you ever doubted he was fine with it. And people said he's not a regular politician!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: November 21, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

Doesn't matter much. The GOP as a whole is back on the warpath in more insidious ways, like the "First Amendment Defense Act" and this shit.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: November 21, 2016, 06:29:35 pm »

EM Drive Breaks Physics, NASA Director Holds Humanity Hostage With Relativistic Kill Vehicle And Unites Species: 2%
If this election—nay, this year—has taught us anything, it is that in this timeline, the lower the predicted chance of something, the likelier it is. You have doomed us all.
Actually, I made it the same percentage as Trump's initial odds to win the Republican Primary for exactly that reason. I absolutely want NASA to become the dictatorial overlords of the human race.

You're welcome.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: November 21, 2016, 06:30:14 pm »

I swear, the practice of attaching riders to bills like this absolutely disgusts me.

It is one of the worst practices the US has. It has allowed terrible laws to come to pass because it is buried in good laws AND it has prevented good laws from being passed because they caught onto an imbedded bill.

The ONLY reason it isn't illegal outright is because at surface value Riders aren't a bad thing. Sometimes a bill needs multiple bills to be passed at once in order to work. For example Trump's Medicare reform requires two bills to be passed at once.

The problem is that there is little recourse in dealing with bad riders other than rejecting the entire bill.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:32:13 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1249