Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392027 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #12765 on: November 15, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »

china has already threatened that if the US imposes tarrifs on them, or officially declares them currency manipulators (which they are. NO NATURAL ECONOMY mirrors the US dollar like that!) they will destroy the US in a trade war.

Actually, they'd destroy themselves and the global economy in the proccess, literally EVERYTHING is linked to everything else. A trade war between the US and China would be bad for everybody, including the participants.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: November 15, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

Huh. Just noticed the thing with sanders and the nuclear waste dumping. Anyone done the work to check to see if it's legit, yet?

Because if it was, damn. Running him might have actually straight up lost the hispanic vote.

Snopes says "Mostly correct, but missing context."

The waste in this case, is not barrells of spent fuel pellets. It is gloves, gowns, and metal surfaces that are legally considered contaminated, even though the radiation levels from them are only just above background.

Fukushima province, in japan, is vastly more radioactive than these items.
(In fact, anything that came into contact with fukushima province would be considered waste of this type.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:14:50 pm by wierd »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: November 15, 2016, 02:13:59 pm »

So it could have sunk him like a few tons of ballast, huh. Sounds about right.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: November 15, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »

Speaking of China, how many countries do you think they'll try to conquer if Trump!USA pulls out of Obama's "Asia pivot" and leaves locals to fend off the Heavenly People's Army on their own?

The first and most obvious would be Taiwan. There's also some disputed islands, but other than that, they don't seem to have any territorial ambitions, and the South China Sea region. Seems like their ambition is to have a sphere of influence over the East and SouthEast Asia region and boss other countries around like the US did to Latin America for a good deal of our history.
I hope not, the only reason it's habitual for us to expect certain parts of the world to just shut up and listen is because we inherited an empire and just kinda ignore where it came from these days, all those random islands in the Pacific, that Puerto Rico place, the Philippines, Cuba, Haiti, and of course California and Hawaii. Though it isn't like there weren't people living here who were... removed for the most part, but the states are the only part we really tell ourselves is "ours" and the rest has either been set free or just kinda ignored. That's why it was so hilarious hearing Rumsfeld talk about "we've never had imperial ambitions" like we just accidentally ended up with all these, plus a smattering of bases everydamnwhere.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #12769 on: November 15, 2016, 02:57:52 pm »

But it appears to have already been taken. And not by a hate group either. Good.

Err, read again. It was "taken" by an anti-feminist group after the feminist group already took it. You can't do that! *wtf*
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: November 15, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »

We own a base on Cuba, don't own all of Cuba. Never heard of the US having any assets in Haiti. Maybe during the Spanish-American war.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: November 15, 2016, 03:03:58 pm »

But it appears to have already been taken. And not by a hate group either. Good.

Err, read again. It was "taken" by an anti-feminist group after the feminist group already took it. You can't do that! *wtf*
You totally can. I mean, just look at the linguistic race - old words get tainted and converted into slurs, then people invent new words to escape the unpleasant connotations, and then the process repeats for them, as well. Sometimes it's in reverse, with the words losing their shock value and getting "reclaimed".

It's not like "I used this word first" means "it'll always be yours". Absolutely not like that.
._.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: November 15, 2016, 03:06:08 pm »

We own a base on Cuba, don't own all of Cuba. Never heard of the US having any assets in Haiti. Maybe during the Spanish-American war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1898)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_occupation_of_Haiti

We kinda did, but we don't talk about it for some reason.

The First Rule of American Imperialism is: you do NOT talk about American Imperialism!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #12773 on: November 15, 2016, 03:11:10 pm »

You totally can. I mean, just look at the linguistic race - old words get tainted and converted into slurs, then people invent new words to escape the unpleasant connotations, and then the process repeats for them, as well. Sometimes it's in reverse, with the words losing their shock value and getting "reclaimed".

It's not like "I used this word first" means "it'll always be yours". Absolutely not like that.

Well, they plagiarized them or violated some trademark or copyright or something. They copied the design of the white ribbon, in a parody-ish way.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: November 15, 2016, 03:16:23 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1898)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_occupation_of_Haiti

We kinda did, but we don't talk about it for some reason.

The First Rule of American Imperialism is: you do NOT talk about American Imperialism!

I saw that when I looked at the wiki page for Haitian history, but I was thinking about bases and land ownership.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: November 15, 2016, 03:17:47 pm »

Oh, yeah, we don't now, but like I said, the idea that China might be wanting to follow in our footsteps is probably why some people are so worried about China, and why others don't see a problem.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #12776 on: November 15, 2016, 03:21:12 pm »

Oh shit no, we don't need another America. Especially not another oldAmerica.

On Sanders: Damn it, does this mean that Clinton actually had a better chance than Sanders after all? This means that even if the DNC was made of evil establishment bastards, they inadvertently did the right thing.

TAKE THAT, VILLAINS! NICE JOB FIXING IT!

/tongueInCheek
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: November 15, 2016, 03:22:37 pm »

There is some criticism about people who hope Trump does badly.

Though I have to say... I'd almost think the worst case scenario is he turns out to be a very effective president. Imagine it! every presidential election the US choses a minority to pick on for popularity.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: November 15, 2016, 03:25:58 pm »

Though I have to say... I'd almost think the worst case scenario is he turns out to be a very effective president. Imagine it! every presidential election the US choses a minority to pick on for popularity.

*something something 1930s germany*
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: November 15, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »

*something something 1930s germany*

Hey Hitler was the only one!

Though as I've found out. Hitler was popular amongst the Jewish community.
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1249