Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390401 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #11955 on: November 11, 2016, 08:43:05 pm »

i see safespaces as the nascent beginnings of feedback loop nuerosis of fear and paranoia of otherness. the very thing that causes violence to gay people. it isnt that i see gaay people as violent NOW, i see it heading that way, and want it stopped.
... so what you're saying. Is you're considering the possible violence in a future you're imagining the existence of. And saying it's equivalent in consideration to the actual violence that has occurred in the past and present, in reality. Because that's what you're saying, intentionally or not.

You're also equating the actions of religious fundamentalists. People who kill other people, pretty easily as those things go, and in this specific incidences wants to torture homosexuals. With whatever freakish strawman you're considering general sjws to be. Not because of what they've done. But something you're imagining they could do, at some unspecified point in the future.

This. Is literally incomprehensible to me. Just... throwing that out there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11956 on: November 11, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »

There's an obvious difference between a Jew and a Nazi.

Jews:
1. Defined by religion or race.
2. Aren't intolerant and hateful.
3. Minority with discrimination against them, as well as being on the receiving the usual racist stuff. Big-nosed bankers and shit.
4. History of being exterminated by Nazis by the millions.

Nazis:

1. Defined by belief in a political ideology that supports fascism, nationalism, and racism.
2. Intolerant and hateful.
3. Have discriminated against Jews.
4. Have exterminated Jews by the millions.

And what "discrimination" against a Nazi would exist? Perhaps the Nazi wouldn't get a job if they wore their swastikas on their sleeves? That's acceptable - it's a hate symbol. If I walk around tooting a horn and shouting "Down with the Evil Jews," it's okay if nobody hires me (though it's not okay if I am censored). That's completely different from discrimination based on race, religion, sexuality, gender, etc.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: November 11, 2016, 08:49:01 pm »

Jews:
3. Minority with discrimination against them, as well as being on the receiving the usual racist stuff. Big-nosed bankers and shit.

Nazis:

1. Defined by belief in a political ideology that supports fascism, nationalism, and racism.

And what "discrimination" against a Nazi would exist? Perhaps the Nazi wouldn't get a job if they wore their swastikas on their sleeves? That's acceptable - it's a hate symbol. If I walk around tooting a horn and shouting "Down with the Evil Jews," it's okay if nobody hires me (though it's not okay if I am censored). That's completely different from discrimination based on race, religion, sexuality, gender, etc.

What if nazism was defined as a religion? (it actually shares a lot of characteristics with religion)
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: November 11, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

pttg:

Equal employment opportunity was further enhanced when President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Executive Order 11246 on September 24, 1965, created to prohibit federal contractors from discriminating against employees on the basis of race, sex, creed, religion, color, or national origin.

from wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_employment_opportunity

nazism is a CREED. it is one of the 5 protected classes. deal with it, its the law.

Frumple:

gay people are not magical. the progression of paranoia and fear to violence happens everywhere.
not my imagination. psychology, and science.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/feeling-our-way/201312/paranoia-and-violence
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bsl.718/full

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: November 11, 2016, 08:50:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

make it general sjws, then strongly agree.

i see safespaces as the nascent beginnings of feedback loop nuerosis of fear and paranoia of otherness. the very thing that causes violence to gay people. it isnt that i see gaay people as violent NOW, i see it heading that way, and want it stopped.
Alright then.

Prejudice and violence against gay people predates the internet.  It predates Trump and Pence.  It predates SJWs.  Its predates you, and me, and every living human being on this planet (although its also not THAT old but that's another conversation).

You want to tell me that denying people marriage as a legal institution, calling them by slurs like "faggot", telling them they're going to hell, huge amounts of abuses from authority figures towards gay children and teens... that's all equivalent to safe spaces?  Did glitter bombing make the suicide rate amount 50 year old republican politicians skyrocket?  Did "unfollow me if you're voting for Trump" sterilize and lobotomize and electroshock Trump supporters?  Did someone calling you homophobic cause your parents to disown you, break your shit, send you to a creepy camp where you're tortured under the guise of conversion therapy?  Did safe spaces deny you a legal marriage and the benefits that come with it?

Look, safe spaces is like, what.  It can't be more than a decade old right?  And you honestly want to sit here and tell me that in the whole long history of gay rights movements and counter movements, this thing.  This one thing, this one culture on the internet.  SJW seeking safe spaces.  That's the crux of this issue.  That's the bad guy.  That's the hill you want to die on.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »

Alright then.

Prejudice and violence against gay people predates the internet.  It predates Trump and Pence.  It predates SJWs.  Its predates you, and me, and every living human being on this planet (although its also not THAT old but that's another conversation).

You want to tell me that denying people marriage as a legal institution, calling them by slurs like "faggot", telling them they're going to hell, huge amounts of abuses from authority figures towards gay children and teens... that's all equivalent to safe spaces?  Did glitter bombing make the suicide rate amount 50 year old republican politicians skyrocket?  Did "unfollow me if you're voting for Trump" sterilize and lobotomize and electroshock Trump supporters?  Did someone calling you homophobic cause your parents to disown you, break your shit, send you to a creepy camp where you're tortured under the guise of conversion therapy?  Did safe spaces deny you a legal marriage and the benefits that come with it?

Look, safe spaces is like, what.  It can't be more than a decade old right?  And you honestly want to sit here and tell me that in the whole long history of gay rights movements and counter movements, this thing.  This one thing, this one culture on the internet.  SJW seeking safe spaces.  That's the crux of this issue.  That's the bad guy.  That's the hill you want to die on.

like many, you presume I give two shits who gets married to what. I dont. you can marry a dolphin for all I care. (in fact, i very much resent the implication, and ask you to stop being presumptive in this manner.)

what I care about, is the downward slide into the twilight zone seen in the pas 20 years, caused by paranoia, fear, and dvisiveness.

it must end.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:55:57 pm by wierd »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11961 on: November 11, 2016, 08:56:35 pm »

Well I have some good news for you! It never existed!

What exactly should be done in order to stop this BIG PROBLEM? And what is causing this BIG PROBLEM?

(And also apparently SJW are the new Other.)
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: November 11, 2016, 09:00:08 pm »

What exactly should be done in order to stop this BIG PROBLEM? And what is causing this BIG PROBLEM?

was this directed at me? i dont follow. what never existed?

as for SJWs, they are the poster children of what haens when you embrace divisive tactics.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: November 11, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »

Been the new other since it was coined, silly. One of the more versatile ones, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: November 11, 2016, 09:02:34 pm »

Been the new other since it was coined, silly. One of the more versatile ones, too.

Yep! SJW can mean anything you want it to at this point.

Are you an advocate of social issues? Your a SJW
Are you a troll who uses social issues to harass others? Your a SJW
Are you an intolerant moron who uses Social issues as a way to beat people down? Your a SJW
Do you care about social issues? Your a SJW

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: November 11, 2016, 09:03:03 pm »

on the subject of the electoral system how exactly do you think it stops the "tyranny of the majority" because i don't see how it does. all it does is give arbitrary power to high population states!

It doesn't do that at all, compared to a direct election. Smaller states get more EC votes per capita than large ones. High-population states get more votes because they have more people. The Electoral College skews things in favor of low-population states.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11966 on: November 11, 2016, 09:03:47 pm »

was this directed at me? i dont follow. what never existed?

Alright then.

like many, you presume I give two shits who gets married to what. I dont. you can marry a dolphin for all I care. (in fact, i very much resent the implication, and ask you to stop being presumptive in this manner.)

what I care about, is the downward slide into the twilight zone seen in the pas 20 years, caused by paranoia, fear, and dvisiveness.

it must end.

That downward slide. It doesn't exist. It's not happening.

Quote from: wierd
as for SJWs, they are the poster children of what haens when you embrace divisive tactics.

Not an answer. What is the problem and why is it a problem, who is the problem, and how do you propose to fix the problem. (It's here and now, so that's out, and I guess the problem is THOSE SJW ENEMIES, right?)
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11967 on: November 11, 2016, 09:04:44 pm »

Yep! SJW can mean anything you want it to at this point.

Are you an advocate of social issues? Your a SJW
Are you a troll who uses social issues to harass others? Your a SJW
Are you an intolerant moron who uses Social issues as a way to beat people down? Your a SJW
Do you care about social issues? Your a SJW

Oh they're all very silly. I'm obviously a Social Justice Mage.
Sigtext!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: November 11, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

i reserve the pejorative only for the second and third of those.

working for inclusion and equality through respect and compassion precludes "war". these are not sjws, they are equal rights advocates. no problems with those.

Doze:

yes it does. emergence of safespaces is an indicator, as is the rise of offensive sjws.
the problem is that they use the weapons of hate, shame, ridicule, and fear that they denounce in thier rivals. this is symptomatic of the progression of paranoia to violence that i linked frmple to earlier.

the slide is real. it happens every time there is scapegoats and division.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:13:11 pm by wierd »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: November 11, 2016, 09:05:11 pm »

Jews:

Nazis:

Remember folks, there's a clear and different standard between goodthink and badthink, as determined by the passions of the day.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1249