Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390762 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #11385 on: November 10, 2016, 02:15:45 pm »

I've never learned Forth, personally.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: November 10, 2016, 02:17:03 pm »

Don't ask me how autocorrect did that. I don't know and don't want to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: November 10, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »

frumple:

actions like this one??
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/9787

or maybe this one?
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/4091

i didnt see the dnc drafting press releases for bernie over the silly BLM chanters at his rallies, or any of the other stuff that happened to the man.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:30:51 pm by wierd »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: November 10, 2016, 02:33:58 pm »

So, clearly there was a lot of 'off the record' and 'no fingerprints' there which is always suspect but I feel like a need a bit more context. Cuz it looks like they asked for something and then were denied but told that they could help if they got permission from the people that had the ability to give them permission?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: November 10, 2016, 02:42:48 pm »

Could you imagine if this was all a ploy by Republicans to immediately impeach Trump just to get Pence into office, since he'd never be electable otherwise?

That is... deplorable on so many levels.

Even Republican voters who LOVE Trump say that they hate Pence.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: November 10, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

Could you imagine if this was all a ploy by Republicans to immediately impeach Trump just to get Pence into office, since he'd never be electable otherwise?

That is... deplorable on so many levels.

Even Republican voters who LOVE Trump say that they hate Pence.

Not entirely true. A lot of people who don't know anything about his past and only really saw him for that one debate like him. In some cases more than Trump.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #11391 on: November 10, 2016, 02:51:44 pm »

The glorious memetic ex-president of Poland, Lech Wałęsa, just threw a bunch of photos with Trump on his Facebook. He is also claiming that back in 2010 it was he who gave him an idea for the whole circus, because apparently, "if a worker in Communist Poland could overthrow the system and become a president, why couldn't a millionare in Capitalist America overthrow the system and become a president?"
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: November 10, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »

frumple:

actions like this one??
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/9787
So here's a question. Can you actually identify what happened in that email chain? Put it in concrete terms?

or maybe this one?
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/4091
Or here, really.

i didnt see the dnc drafting press releases for bernie over the silly BLM chanters at his rallies, or any of the other stuff that happened to the man.
Well, I guess I can help with the second. No, you saw the DNC drafting a press release responding to criticism of the DNC, for the DNC, as near as I could tell. Criticism pushed by sanders, in an oppo piece that was aimed at clinton but landed firmly on the DNC. Which is, uh. I'm not going to say it's the least damning thing I've ever seen an organization member do, but I'm going to need a little help to get angry at it.

Closest thing to shady I'm seeing is that they were running it by the other party being accused (falsely, heh) of money laundering by sanders' campaign, and looking into it a bit more it looks like what had happened more than anything was just a pair of friends or (former) work acquaintances running things by each other, when they were part of both groups being targeted by the thing being discussed. Which hey, yeah, considering the situation was probably on the inappropriate side but it ain't exactly a smoking gun of notable malfeasance.

E: Actually, after it percolated for a bit more, I think if there had been communication between sanders group and the DNC on that particular piece, I'd find that significantly more suspicious. Bouncing an idea off of someone you've worked with that's also part of the other group that's being implicated for wrong doing is one thing. Going up to the guys that funded a hit piece on your organization and going, "Hey, saw that attack in politico, wanna' work over what we're going to spin things to refute it?" is something else.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:07:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11393 on: November 10, 2016, 03:08:58 pm »

I feel like I'm being forced into a stereotypical Clinton-supporter position. It's kind of ironic to claim that you're being strawmanned, Reelya...

Well there's media perception of Dems + minorities, that's one issue.

And there's the fact they lose real actual support from minorities, that' sort of separate to the media perception issue.

You can't just blame the media if your core constituents aren't turning up to vote. They did in fact fail to do what campaigns are supposed to do in that case.

...why can't we? If there is no clear reason for "core constituents leaving" except "the media," then that's probably it. Did the Dems do not-perfectly? Sure. Are they at fault? no.

As for the "two separate facts" part: what the hell? The real actual loss of support is a direct result of bad PR, and that is a direct result of the fucking media.

How did I straw man you. You said statement, I disagreed with those statements.
For the sake of better understanding this agreement, exactly what did I say?
My inference of the meaning of your statements has also been fair (you haven't disavowed any of my inferences: you double-down on them, which proves I fairly inferred what you meant). If you think it makes you sound like a typical Clinton supporter, that's on you, not on me. I'm just reacting to what you say.
As I just said, I fucking hate the DNC for stealing the election from Sanders. Clinton shouldn't have been the candidate, and I greatly dislike her for that. And don't make me laugh - if you think that I'm a typical Clinton-supporter, I'd suggest reconsidering your concept of "supporter." I support her relatively compared to Trump, but compared to Sanders? Get out.

Besides, what inferences exactly?
When PR is literally your entire job, and you're spending $100 of millions of dollars on it, if things go less than swimmingly, it is in fact the fault of your campaign strategy.
Reelya, do you understand the concept of "biased media," or even the concept of "factors outside one's control"? Better campaigning results in better PR. Worse PR does not imply a worse campaign job. The skill of campaigning affects your success, but it isn't the sole determinant, as I figured you knew.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: November 10, 2016, 03:13:37 pm »

But yeah whatever keep piling it on
I was kidding, weird
I addressed what you posted, so you posted a bunch more with no context or comment...

This tactic is the biggest single reason Hillary lost.  A cheap, lazy torrent of BS creating FUD.  Including from *Democrats* who fell in love with an Independent.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: November 10, 2016, 03:14:19 pm »

This just in!

According to fake news it turns out Trump is a Werewolf and is using his presidency to convert all of America into a Werewolf based economy.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: November 10, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »

A cow 🐮 would not turn America into a cow 🐮 based economy.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: November 10, 2016, 03:23:23 pm »

no, but a werewolf would

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: November 10, 2016, 03:25:02 pm »

This just in!

According to fake news it turns out Trump is a Werewolf and is using his presidency to convert all of America into a Werewolf based economy.
Oh no!  Do you know what this means??
Remember, Queen Elizabeth was also a werewolf...
Suddenly all the mentions of "coronation" make sense D:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: November 10, 2016, 03:25:15 pm »

As I just said, I fucking hate the DNC for stealing the election from Sanders. Clinton shouldn't have been the candidate, and I greatly dislike her for that. And don't make me laugh - if you think that I'm a typical Clinton-supporter, I'd suggest reconsidering your concept of "supporter." I support her relatively compared to Trump, but compared to Sanders? Get out.

I'm not the one straw-manning you, you seem to be strawmanning yourself. Or, you're double-strawmanning me. When did I ever say you were a "typical Clinton supporter"? I never did, that was a concept you brought up. How can you put "supporter" in scare quotes when I never referred to you as a supporter in the first place? I don't have a definition of supporter at all because those are your words.

I originally said that the Clinton campaign made major strategic errors, you denied that they did. When I questioned that, you said the conversation made you sound like a typical Clinton supporter. It was never something I said. You were the one who jumped in on my original statement with gusto, and kept doubling-down on your position when I pointed out its implications, so I can't be really said to have started anything here.

For example I wrote:

You can't just blame the media if your core constituents aren't turning up to vote. They did in fact fail to do what campaigns are supposed to do in that case.
To which you replied basically "Yes you can!"

So how am I labeling you a "typical Clinton supporter" in this exchange?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:35:11 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1249