Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393665 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10800 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »

ok lagslayer

how exactly is this revisionism:

"Trump ran on a platform of hate, more so than Clinton."

rly, tell me more
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10801 on: November 09, 2016, 12:32:09 pm »

I wouldn't call it revisionism, but there's certainly strong arguments that it's inaccurate in the final calculation. Trump ran on non-specific, inflammatory change and Clinton didn't. The voters voted for that instead of a 3rd Democratic term. The interesting thing to look forward to is what happens now and what happens in the future.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: November 09, 2016, 12:32:36 pm »

Because Dozebom

When Trump says all illegal Mexicans are rapists and murderers...

And someone supports Trump or even says that Trump is right.

A Hillary supporter says that they are a bigot.

Thusly. Hillary is more hatefilled.

---

Then when the news corrects Donald Trump and calls him out on being bigoted...

It means Hillary Clinton did it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: November 09, 2016, 12:34:43 pm »

honestly I think Tempacc is completely right here. Democrats could have handled this better.

I also just heard Mrs Kaine express that if trump supporters werent afraid of being insulted and harassed for admitting their support, then you'd have seen the support polls predicting less support for hillary. But you cant express support for trump without being called out and insulted, and a lot of people are going to avoid arguments that revolve around personal insults.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: November 09, 2016, 12:36:26 pm »

honestly I think Tempacc is completely right here. Democrats could have handled this better.

The problem is that one right point doesn't make the entire argument right.

Could the democrats have handled this better and was there serious problems with how people acted this entire election? Yes.

However Tempacc is kind of completely dismissing ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS' points. Since for once, yes... Bigotry was actually an issue and not just an inflammatory insult thrown around for no reason. As well it implies that Trump supporters were always in the right in all conversations.

But hey Tempacc probably MEANT "Maybe if the Hillary supporters had some freeken decorum things wouldn't be so caustic now!"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:59:05 pm by Neonivek »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10805 on: November 09, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »

Xeron and Codician are out.  Follow the guidelines or refrain from posting.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:59 pm »

Could the democrats have handled this better and was there serious problems with how people acted this entire election? Yes.

However Tempacc is kind of completely dismissing ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS' points. Since for once, yes... Bigotry was actually an issue and not just an inflammatory insult thrown around for no reason. As well it implies that Trump supporters were always in the right.

No it was an inflamitory insult 98% of the time

For like the last four to eight years its just been conservatives are racist
Conservatives hate the poor
Conservatives are bigots who hate gays blah blah blah
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »

I'm seeing people on Twitter talking about buying guns to defend themselves and their families...presumably from the neo-nazi alt-right wing death squads that are inevitably going to roam the streets and attack all those minorities now that Trump is gonna be president.

Thank God the second amendment exists and Trump supports the second amendment so people can get a gun if they feel the need to protect themselves from Trump.

With that shitposting on how the tables have turned, I'm afraid that America is only going to become even further polarized and now both sides will be armed.

It'll be very interesting how Trump's gun position will develop from here. It'll be even more interesting if California suddenly decides that everything and anything is cool, even to the point of not enforcing federal tax stamp laws on the cool things.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: November 09, 2016, 01:02:10 pm »

It'll be interesting how Trump's business sense works out as President. One big difference between being a CEO vs President is externalities.

i.e a CEO can take actions to get a "bigger slice of the pie", even when said actions also shrink the entire pie, and come out ahead. e.g. say I own a toll road then decide I can jack up the toll to make more money. Now I have more money, but traffic is decreased, so every other business along that road is now losing money, potentially even more money than I made through the action of raising the toll.

A CEO doesn't need to worry about what economic effect his actions have on people around him while a President does. e.g. sacking government workers "saves money" the same as sacking corporate workers. Except those same workers can now turn around and claim unemployment benefits from their ex-employer, and the government loses out any revenue/savings that accrued from the economic input that their paycheck / job was creating.

Well, he was pretty horrible as a CEO...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: November 09, 2016, 01:03:28 pm »

It really doesn't help that
A) Trump has been quite overt about it...
and
B) The difference is night and FREEKEN DAY! between Homophobic Conservatives and Homophobic Liberals. There are more homophobic conservatives then there are indifferent Liberals.
-Yes I looked it up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: November 09, 2016, 01:03:52 pm »

However Tempacc is kind of completely dismissing ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS' points. Since for once, yes... Bigotry was actually an issue and not just an inflammatory insult thrown around for no reason. As well it implies that Trump supporters were always in the right.

When conservatives legislate against gays and say stuff like "i'm not going to let transgender queers rape my daughter in the bathroom", refer to Obama as "that nigger president", scream at him during his speeches calling him a liar, a communist, a muslim, saying that he hates America....

What exactly do you expect the rest of the country to see? That you're all just gosh darn nice people if you exclude all the hateful stuff you stand behind either because you believe or you support your party?

There a difference between insulting you and calling you on exactly the shit you say you believe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:11 pm »

It really doesn't help that
A) Trump has been quite overt about it...
and
B) The difference is night and FREEKEN DAY! between Homophobic Conservatives and Homophobic Liberals. There are more homophobic conservatives then there are indifferent Liberals.

The number 1 Trump supporter is a gay guy who only dates black people

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:22 pm »

It'll be interesting how Trump's business sense works out as President. One big difference between being a CEO vs President is externalities.

i.e a CEO can take actions to get a "bigger slice of the pie", even when said actions also shrink the entire pie, and come out ahead. e.g. say I own a toll road then decide I can jack up the toll to make more money. Now I have more money, but traffic is decreased, so every other business along that road is now losing money, potentially even more money than I made through the action of raising the toll.

A CEO doesn't need to worry about what economic effect his actions have on people around him while a President does. e.g. sacking government workers "saves money" the same as sacking corporate workers. Except those same workers can now turn around and claim unemployment benefits from their ex-employer, and the government loses out any revenue/savings that accrued from the economic input that their paycheck / job was creating.

Well, he was pretty horrible as a CEO...
And yet is very rich and successful.
Every entrepreneur has more failures than successes, it's called practice and experimentation.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: November 09, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »

Yeah, but there's also a world of difference between homophobic conservatives and general conservatives. Probably, maybe, have fun finding statistics.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:47 pm »

When conservatives legislate against gays and stay stuff like "i'm not going to let transgender queers rape my daughter in the bathroom", refer to Obama as "that nigger president", scream at him during his speeches calling him a liar, a communist, a muslim, saying that he hates America....

What exactly do you expect the rest of the country to see? That you're all just gosh darn nice people if you exclude all the hateful stuff you stand behind either because you believe or you support your party?

There a difference between insulting you and calling you on exactly the shit you say you believe.
Uhuh suuuure.
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 1249