Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393685 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10785 on: November 09, 2016, 12:09:52 pm »

Just listening to Trump's speech now, employing people on large infrastructural projects sound fairly sensible TBH.
This is how it starts.

Second part is invading Poland.  :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: November 09, 2016, 12:10:54 pm »

Yeeeea, if anything the dems and all their supporters pretty much handed the election to Trump. Wake up call, guys, maybe alienating anyone who doesnt imediately agree with you by calling them huge racists, bigots and misogynists isn't the best idea ever for a presidential campaign.

Yes, because none of those things applied to Trump. He was just being needlessly picked on for having a difference of opinion.

Hell, Trump supporters would just get shut down, told to shut up and banned from discussions simply for not agreeing with the stablished idea in the media of Hillary being a saint

No... that happened because they pulled nonsense paranoia from thin air ("She wants to start a war with Russia"), controversy that was long disproven or unfairly applied to her ("Bill Clinton had an Affair, that means Hillary Clinton is a terrible person! Because Infidelity is the woman's fault"), AND usually did suppositions about Trump that were contrary to the words that he spoke.

THAT is why they were "shut down"

Well... MOSTLY...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:17:01 pm by Neonivek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: November 09, 2016, 12:13:30 pm »

hrrrrrrrrrg
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: November 09, 2016, 12:15:02 pm »

I see the revisionism has already begun.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: November 09, 2016, 12:15:44 pm »

Just Watched the Election results.

Yep...
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #10790 on: November 09, 2016, 12:18:22 pm »

BRING IN THE DANK MEMERY, IT'S TROLLTIME

Yeeeea, if anything the dems and all their supporters pretty much handed the election to Trump. Wake up call, guys, maybe alienating anyone who doesnt imediately agree with you by calling them huge racists, bigots and misogynists isn't the best idea ever for a presidential campaign.
Lol, apparently Clinton ran on a platform of hate. Really, tell me more.

"They're sending their rapists, their murderers..."

pussygate

srsly tell me that's not racism/sexism
All around the world, the news were all positive towards a Hillary win, but only the actual loud crazies took Hillary's campaign seriously. While she was hailed as a saint by the media (so much, in fact, it was almost cartoonish)
lol no? Have you even seen the media? The emails which are in reality a non-issue have gotten blown far out of proportion by the media.
pretty much nobody actualy took her seriously
except people did
while Trump was seen as a guy that, despite getting beatdowns over and over by big media, always somehow seemed to come out on top, even when he didn't have full republican support.
well huh maybe that's just how you saw it
IE, the dems made everything so cartoonish and infantile that everyone just got fed up.
o rly
Additionaly, the democratic party associated itself with stuff people are not entirely happy with (black lives matter, saying banning milo from twitter is ok, attacking more centre-leaning liberals like sam harris because he's not very fond of islam OR Hillary even though he admitted he'd probably vote for her, etc).
ya? black lives do matter and I won't vote for anybody who says otherwise
Also, here's a rather big reason Hillary's campaign failed so massively: when faced with all the scandals and accusations thrown against her, nothing much other than utter dismissal was done about it
hmm, maybe because there was no actual scandal, just a manufactured scandal?
while at the same time a lot of shit got thrown at Trump, and Trump being Trump, took things at face value and counter attacked
lolwut, Trump brought that on himself, all the shit he says is barely noticed. If the media was fair then Trump would have had far more of his shit thrown back at him
specially in the last debate, even when the media was pretty much ALL Hillary, to the point CNN literally cut off people on air when they wanted to talk about wikileaks stuff on Hillary.
context? link? anything?
Do you really think people will look at that without as much batting an eye?
What happens to your image when 80% of the people defending your campaign on twitter consists of loud mouthed people who who surround themselves only by people who agree with them and attack anyone who doesnt?
well huh, maybe people like circlejerks, this is the case on both sides
What happens when there's huge infighting and name calling because the more centre leaning liberals don't like hillary at all?
politics as usual
Hell, Trump supporters would just get shut down, told to shut up and banned from discussions simply for not agreeing with the stablished idea in the media of Hillary being a saint.
no, they were told to shut up because they were being irrational idiots
Hell, I watched this happening right here on this very topic, and even warned people that said behavior would come back to haunt them.
ah, so all of the problems can be blamed on us, noice

exactly how does "you are being irrational" become a bad thing in your mind, srsly

nenjin: who is revising wut?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: November 09, 2016, 12:18:39 pm »

Today is just going to be depressing. And my condo is getting fumigated, so I don't even get to be depressed at home.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: November 09, 2016, 12:19:17 pm »

I see the revisionism has already begun.

Yeah, it started last night. Gotta get the good panic in fast, after all.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: November 09, 2016, 12:22:53 pm »

Heck that was the most annoying part about this election...

It was typically about Hillary's unproven villainy versus Trumps outright controversy.

Honestly this is almost how I see it

Donald Trump didn't put a lot out there and when he did he flip flopped on a lot of issues giving people a way to sort of imprint onto him their values. So Trump is prochoice or Prolife depending on who you ask... and is typically whatever they favor the most.

Hillary on the other hand is the exact opposite when it comes to her controversy. The emails weren't so controversial because there was genuine controversy behind them, but rather because voters projected onto her that these emails are hints that she is secretly far more corrupt then anyone lets on.

---

Why did Trumps controversy not affect him? because there was so much and he was so unabashed (actually he... did say "LIES!!!" a lot but lets ignore that) that people also projected that he must have nothing to hide, he can't have hidden plans.

Mind you... I don't QUITE thing that is what played out during the election. I think what people don't give enough credit for is that Trump ran a Charismatic Campaign based on the promise of change.

It was the exact same type of campaign that beat Hillary before.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:24:31 pm by Neonivek »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:37 pm »

I'm seeing people on Twitter talking about buying guns to defend themselves and their families...presumably from the neo-nazi alt-right wing death squads that are inevitably going to roam the streets and attack all those minorities now that Trump is gonna be president.

Thank God the second amendment exists and Trump supports the second amendment so people can get a gun if they feel the need to protect themselves from Trump.

With that shitposting on how the tables have turned, I'm afraid that America is only going to become even further polarized and now both sides will be armed.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: November 09, 2016, 12:26:30 pm »

I'm seeing people on Twitter talking about buying guns to defend themselves and their families...presumably from the neo-nazi alt-right wing death squads that are inevitably going to roam the streets and attack all those minorities now that Trump is gonna be president.

Thank God the second amendment exists and Trump supports the second amendment so people can get a gun if they feel the need to protect themselves from Trump.

With that shitposting on how the tables have turned, I'm afraid that America is only going to become even further polarized and now both sides will be armed.
It is as it should be.

SHALL

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:02 pm »

I should state that there REALLY wasn't anything Hillary could do about the Controversy IF you understand why she was so unpopular.

It is that she is seen as conniving, a liar, a con-artist, and ambitious.

So... What would happen if, say, she was investigated for money laundering and the FBI found nothing?

People would think she is money laundering... and doing something much much worse.

---

Also yes... because of COURSE as soon as Trump wins it means that the opposite side was the villains ALL along.

Wait a minute what is the old saying? The history books are written by the winners? and who are the winners? OHHH right :P
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1249