Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1393564 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American (\{mainiac})
« Reply #9015 on: October 30, 2016, 02:16:37 am »

I'm in California and sorely unarmed, so I suppose that I'll just be stuck hoping someone on campus is friendly and has a bitching death ray or something.

I'd depend on the California National Guard, but with the whole bonus fiasco, I'm not confident in them.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: October 30, 2016, 02:24:54 am »

Shit I still need to actually vote

:x

Random Internet people!  I am probably at least somewhat in need of your assistance to remind me to BLOODY WELL VOTE!

Thanks!

(just literally a generic reminder about absentee ballots will do)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:30:21 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: October 30, 2016, 02:28:06 am »

There's significant selection bias in the people who would frequent this thread and have sufficient emotional investment to follow your request. If you're describing us as random, please just assume that your votes won't be ideal and stay home.

: |
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: October 30, 2016, 02:31:09 am »

There's significant selection bias in the people who would frequent this thread and have sufficient emotional investment to follow your request. If you're describing us as random, please just assume that your votes won't be ideal and stay home.

: |
Dude, I know Bay12 is Bay12.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: October 30, 2016, 02:54:31 am »

BLOODY WELL VOTE!

I blame the Harry Potter movies for this.
I have never intentionally watched a Harry Potter movie.  They're more insidious than that...They're in our Youtubes...  ;P
(did read all the books though)
Sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: October 30, 2016, 03:15:41 am »

I've seen them and don't recall the bloody well vote thing.

Edit with no explanation needed:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:32:46 am by Max™ »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: October 30, 2016, 05:28:14 am »

I wonder which type it is that they're voting on though as there's at least three variants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting_system

I can see the Republicans trying to fight it or rig it in a way to favor them though :P

And the Dems won't? Or do you mean the state's Republicans specifically?
I can certainly see the state's republicans doing it, since they're probably already weak in maine, although really in all likelihood it's liable to help them more than anything else.

From what I can tell, Black-style ranked voting seems best. Condorcet method -> Borda method if it fails to produce a candidate.

What is black-style ranked voting?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: October 30, 2016, 09:08:07 am »

If you're describing us as random, please just assume that your votes won't be ideal and stay home.

lol xd u really troled him bro

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9023 on: October 30, 2016, 09:42:29 am »

TBF is not asking "who should I vote for," they're saying "please remind me to vote." They could ask Marxists or the Westboro Baptist Church to remind them, and each group would be just as likely to do so (unless the latter purposefully forgets because they disagree with TBF.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:P
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: October 30, 2016, 09:59:30 am »

Incidentally, early voting is probably open wherever TBF is. Go vote, TBF.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: October 30, 2016, 10:34:14 am »

I wonder which of the third parties have the best chance of making sure none of the derpensteins get more than 41% of the vote.   

Though I wouldn't mind having the pony Vermin Supreme promises to every American, his chances are slim.  Rocky de la Fuente's party at least seems to follow my views.  Shame the reform party has had a snowball's chance in hell ever since the folks in charge of debates decided to ban anyone who does not get democrat or republican levels of media coverage.  At least according to Wikipedia they apparently did quite well in debates before the rule was made up to keep them out.  I'm sure Perot would have creamed both of these idiots.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:37:54 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: October 30, 2016, 02:40:32 pm »

la Fuente looked like he had some good ideas, but yeah, he's basically not going to go anywhere. It does look like McMullan will be competitive in Utah, but he's not even on a lot of ballots nationwide.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: October 30, 2016, 08:08:19 pm »

Yeah, the only ones that are remotely going to take any significant slice are the Green party, Libertarians, and whatever you want to call McMullin's splinter group. Since McMullin isn't even included in nearly all pollster questions, just how strong of a showing he'll get outside of Utah is unknown. He is on the ballot in 11 states, but it's still possible to do a write in for him just about anywhere else.

Also, the latest California poll has Clinton winning with 61 to Trump's 25. I'm thinking maybe I'll vote Stein in an attempt to maybe help get them past the 5% point. Though with things looking like it'll be a close one, maybe I'll vote Clinton anyway to be that water molecule in the bucket that is Democratic California. Mainly I just want to make sure that Trump doesn't get the presidency, if Clinton gets impeached later due to some scandal or other (maybe relating to her secretiveness), so be it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:41:22 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: October 30, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

Don't vote for Ms. Flower Power Anti-Vaxxination.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: October 30, 2016, 09:01:28 pm »

Don't vote for Ms. Flower Power Anti-Vaxxination.
Seriously, anybody who doesn't take a hard stance on anti-vaxxer shitbaggery needs to get the fuck out of society, never mind running for office. Do you like dead babies and toddlers with whooping cough?

[SouthParkGrapes]Member polio? Member smallpox?[/SouthParkGrapes]
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1249