Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394423 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8910 on: October 28, 2016, 01:58:36 pm »

so now that it doesn't fit your opinion it's manipulating, but when it was with finger in the ears chanting lalala was fine?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8911 on: October 28, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »

Have you still failed to find proof of any criminal activity by Hillary? Go on, detail this lack.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: October 28, 2016, 02:03:49 pm »

So apparently the FBI reopened the investigtion into Hillary's emails, after some new emails surfaced in another case, which according to the FBI "should have been included in our earlier investigation".

Paul Ryan has commented that Clinton should be barred from any meeting in which state secrets are mentioned effective immediatly.

That sounds a heck of a lot like sloppyness on the FBI's part, and yeah, it's a bit strange* that more emails came out and suddenly the FBI is like 'um, wait, we need to look at it again.'

*On it's own it's not strange because cases are looked at again due to new information all the time, the strange part is the somewhat vague behavior of the FBI and the excuse which just makes them look bad in general.

It's great that the FBI is manipulating an election. It's even better that they're actively working against their own interest by trying to get a facist in charge who will purge them. What's the long-term goal? Does James Comey expect Trump will reward him by increasing the FBI's power? Or does he expect that Trump will be so ineffectual and manipulable that the FBI can trick him into strengthening the FBI?

Or is he just so blinded by party politics that he isn't considering the consequences at all?

There's no proof of the FBI manipulating the election.

I do admit that there is an unavoidable stink of politicizing about the whole thing.

Besides, I thought the whole email leaks from wikileaks was tainted by Russias meddling and should be regarded with a fistful of salt (or whatever the metaphor is again), yet the FBI is treating it as 100% reliable.

edit: Removed some unneccesary ribbing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:17:38 pm by smjjames »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8913 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:04 pm »

Um, PTTG?? is saying that the FBI is tampering to get Trump into office. Not Clinton.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: October 28, 2016, 02:12:16 pm »

There's no proof of the FBI manipulating the election. You've been listing to your moms rants again haven't you?

So when someones friend of a friend thought they might have seen Trump feeling up a girl in a crowded night club, no proof is needed, he's clearly guilty.
But when the bureau whose soul job is investigating illegal activity starts acting suspiciously, there's no chance they could possibly have figured out how to cover up their own illicit activities, it must be the ranting of someones crazy mother. Real classy accusation there btw.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: October 28, 2016, 02:12:38 pm »

I may have been thinking of BFFEL (sp?) or something, so, apologies if mistaken identity there.

Anyway, hopefully they do it speedily because if they wait until after the election, they're at severe risk of getting slammed for being political. Although if they release their findings before the election, they're still at risk of being slammed for being political, just by the Democrats rather than Republicans. Major lose-lose situation for them here.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8916 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:20 pm »

Folly, would you quit dismissing the claims of all rape/abuse/assault victims with a reference to a specific unfounded, stupid accusation? It's getting annoying.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: October 28, 2016, 02:15:40 pm »

May sound silly of me to say but the FBI has no fear from either presidential candidate even if they made it their life's goal to hurt the FBI.

Sure... not to the extent as say... the CIA (which is a mess... and another subject) but still...

What can they do? They can't disband the FBI, they cannot fire their staff (they can only change heads), and they cannot change the laws that affect how they operate.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: October 28, 2016, 02:17:05 pm »

There's no proof of the FBI manipulating the election. You've been listing to your moms rants again haven't you?

So when someones friend of a friend thought they might have seen Trump feeling up a girl in a crowded night club, no proof is needed, he's clearly guilty.
But when the bureau whose soul job is investigating illegal activity starts acting suspiciously, there's no chance they could possibly have figured out how to cover up their own illicit activities, it must be the ranting of someones crazy mother. Real classy accusation there btw.

I was doing some friendly ribbing, but yeah, may have been at the wrong person and it wasn't entirely neccesary.

fakeedit: Actually, yeah, it REALLY wasn't neccesary, I'll go delete that.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:43 pm »

Folly, would you quit dismissing the claims of all rape/abuse/assault victims with a reference to a specific unfounded, stupid accusation? It's getting annoying.

It was at my accusation which wasn't meant to be taken totally seriously as I thought that was the person with the ultra-conservative mother. I've deleted it since it wasn't neccesary.

edit: Half expected a post in between. Anyway, I do agree that the FBI is acting a bit shady with their actions, or it just appears that way because they aren't saying much.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:25:20 pm by smjjames »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:38 pm »

Yeah, if you think that the FBI doing the fullest possible investigation of potential corruption or security leaks by a high government official is wrong, you might want to refresh on what the FBI does.

The CIA are the shady fucks illegally operating on U.S. soil against the interests of American citizens.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »

I don't even know if I'd accuse the FBI; they have a job to do, and they're doing it. I believe it was one of the heads of the FBI who said specifically that Trump would be a serious security risk. (Might have been some other intelligence high-up, not certain here, actually) But hey, look, government officials are being professional about their job of looking into possible misconduct by other government officials. Thank god.

Most likely explanation for it being vague and shit is the fact that it's been tied into the election that maybe the agency's feeling a little bit nervous about how to handle this now that they have to do it again
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: October 28, 2016, 02:26:49 pm »

Yeah, it's a political shitstorm, of course they're not eager to touch it. But that's what they have to do, so they're trying to work out the best way to go about it. It'd be a hell of a lot worse if they ignored new evidence and a later scandal emerged in which that evidence would have been relevant.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: October 28, 2016, 02:27:28 pm »

@FD: It's more that the issue is incredibly politicized and I guess their actions just seem a bit wierd, I dunno.

Also, CNN is saying that emails not Clintons were discovered in the Anthony Weiner investigation. I.... am not going to speculate here what the heck it is. Somehow, something is tied to the Clinton email stuff.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8924 on: October 28, 2016, 02:30:03 pm »

The FBI is shady? That's news to me.[/sarcasm]
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1249