Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394846 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8835 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:12 pm »

Trump has finally found a competition where continuously amping up on fake it till you make it doesn't work.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: October 27, 2016, 05:11:32 pm »

Trump has finally found a competition where continuously amping up on fake it till you make it doesn't work.

While "fake it til you make it" does define his campaign, we do kinda have to wait for the elections to end before we can say it didn't work.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »

Fine, doesn't work well. I know we're all talking as if it's already over, but if it isn't the lack of overness was probably always beyond control, clutched within the rotted limbs of 2016.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: October 27, 2016, 05:24:58 pm »

This really has been a fucked up year, looking through the lists of celebrity deaths is depressing as shit, then you notice that our sanity as a nation is on life support.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: October 27, 2016, 05:38:56 pm »

The President can't affect term limits, even through law. That requires a Constitutional amendment, full-stop. At best, the President is just another (very well-connected) fucker who approves or disapproves of an amendment but does not have any involvement in the process.

Sure the President can. Under our current standards of executive power "Anyone in Congress for more than a decade is a terrorist" and "terrorism doesn't require a trial" are both fairly clearly established. The only question is one of droning people within our borders, and that's not terribly beyond the current extents.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: October 27, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »

The President can't affect term limits, even through law. That requires a Constitutional amendment, full-stop. At best, the President is just another (very well-connected) fucker who approves or disapproves of an amendment but does not have any involvement in the process.

Sure the President can. Under our current standards of executive power "Anyone in Congress for more than a decade is a terrorist" and "terrorism doesn't require a trial" are both fairly clearly established. The only question is one of droning people within our borders, and that's not terribly beyond the current extents.

I can only look on wistfully while this mainiac bait slips into the salty waves untouched and unchallenged, as a storm gathers on the horizon that will in time mercilessly erode the great edifices of Hilldawg and center-left-liberalism arduously carved into the landscape by an extinct civilization already fading from memory.

Though perhaps, in coming years, new champions will emerge from the brackish waters to take up the banner of Shillary, resisting the inevitable course of destiny.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:23:41 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: October 27, 2016, 06:18:10 pm »

reported
blocked
flagged
isp notified
walls barricaded

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: October 27, 2016, 07:19:09 pm »

wait what mainiac got banned?

I only took a few days off the political thread, sheesh
._.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8843 on: October 27, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »

In summary: mainiac is mainiac, insults anybody who doesn't vote for Clinton, gets banned. (And I say this as a reluctant supporter of Clinton, so let no accusations of bias be thrown my way.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:33 pm »

Wait wait wait.  When did that happen o_o
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: October 27, 2016, 08:09:34 pm »

it was mentioned here before, but the hype for bernie was less in policies and more on attitude (like it or not thats a sure way to wake up the apathetic)

he was highly opinionated and voiced it, and whether or not his policies made sense, he had the appearance of not giving two shits about appealing to everyone

he was a populist, but most dems were comfortable under obama and didnt really seek change
The dems did actually seek change; it's just that Republicans obstructed them enough that the "Universal Healthcare" they were pushing turned into the much watered down Obamacare. After which Republicans took the House and Senate in 2010, and the state legislatures to gerrymander away any chance of a House whose population was representative of the vote. And if immediately working on universal healthcare isn't change, I dunno what else you were expecting.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8846 on: October 27, 2016, 08:10:05 pm »

In summary: mainiac is mainiac, insults anybody who doesn't vote for Clinton, gets banned. (And I say this as a reluctant supporter of Clinton, so let no accusations of bias be thrown my way.)
nooooooooooooooooo
as one who actually was the butt of mainiac's clinton endeavours, I thought mainiac was actually one of the best forumites out there :[
If only mainiac use more friendly words instead of fuck

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: October 27, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »

It's telling that when most get banned, it's noticed and discussed in the WTF or sad threads. When mainiac gets banned, the thread that noticed and discussed it was Ameripol.

God speed you salty bastard. May you smack down those who would oppose the Clinton World Order in the afterforum.

o7
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: October 27, 2016, 08:14:34 pm »

it was mentioned here before, but the hype for bernie was less in policies and more on attitude (like it or not thats a sure way to wake up the apathetic)

he was highly opinionated and voiced it, and whether or not his policies made sense, he had the appearance of not giving two shits about appealing to everyone

he was a populist, but most dems were comfortable under obama and didnt really seek change
The dems did actually seek change; it's just that Republicans obstructed them enough that the "Universal Healthcare" they were pushing turned into the much watered down Obamacare. After which Republicans took the House and Senate in 2010, and the state legislatures to gerrymander away any chance of a House whose population was representative of the vote. And if immediately working on universal healthcare isn't change, I dunno what else you were expecting.

If you think Obamacare was EVER going to be universal healthcare even with congress on his side you're living in a different world. It's always been a few nice benefits to normal insurance practices with the coercion of the additional tax to push people into health insurance offices. I don't think anyone benefited as much as they would have liked off of it, but the original plan would have benefited insurance companies much more than insurance customers.

Then again, as was once said, what we got from obamacare was never really planned at all. We just got whatever was sitting on the table at the time to get SOMETHING passed rather than nothing.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: October 27, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »

A near miss. Pence is having a rough week.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1249