Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394803 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8790 on: October 27, 2016, 02:43:12 pm »

Oh man. What a difference a day makes.
Likely that all this time no one really reported him but someone finally did and, given past history, that's all it took.
He'd probably been reported before; these politic threads have hit Dead Sea levels more than once. Gonna miss him though. He contributed a lot when he could keep it under control. Ah well; the mainiac has fallen, all hail the reign of the Red King.

o7
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8791 on: October 27, 2016, 02:44:57 pm »

IMO, since sluissa is in a swing state, voting for either of the two main candidates is actually more valuable, especially if you view one as less worse than the other. Not going to argue with sluissa over it though as they can vote however they want.

Getting back to the topic at hand, Ted Cruz is hinting that he wants to see a long Senate standoff with President Clinton (I think it's getting increasingly safe to call her that) over filling the SCOTUS vacancy.

All the more reason to vote Democrat for Senate -- if the Democrats retake the Senate, they control the chairs of the committees, and the Judiciary Committee can move Garland (or whoever else gets put forward) into the general Senate for an up/down vote. They'd still need 60 votes, but I think they can find 10-15 Republicans who know this is a losing issue for them, and would defect. Might be a tougher sell with future Justices if another one of the justices dies or retires and is slated to be replaced by a Clinton appointee (who will be tarred as a flaming liberal regardless of their judicial history).

I'm in California, both top two candidates from the primaries are Democrat anyway (we use a 'top two' system).... Kamala Harris is a favorite though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8792 on: October 27, 2016, 02:45:08 pm »

This is the end of the Saltcon Strategic Ban Readiness System. It could not help us in our hour of need, and is now rendered moot regardless.

Shut it down, shut it down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8793 on: October 27, 2016, 02:45:47 pm »

My reign will be both beneficent and magnanimous, and I--

*USER BANNED*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8794 on: October 27, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »

I just remembered, we're going to need to have someone else do the math on our election day hunger games now.

inb4 maniac wins posthumously
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8795 on: October 27, 2016, 02:49:22 pm »

*USER BANNED*
So while we thought the election thread was about pen and paper rpg builds, RedKing was actually playing Crusader Kings?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8796 on: October 27, 2016, 02:52:11 pm »

*USER BANNED*
So while we thought the election thread was about pen and paper rpg builds, RedKing was actually playing Crusader Kings?
Pike retinue all the way, n00bz. (Which reminds me, I really need to finish my turn in that CK2 succession game...)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8797 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:20 pm »

lol redking.

Anyways, Trump accusations have gone international. I know there was one accuser who was origionally from Venezuela or something, but she's an US citizen now.

Also, despite what Trump apparently thought, she looks nothing like Melania, not even a younger Melania. They're both beautiful, yes, I'm just saying that they don't remotely look alike.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 03:16:21 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8798 on: October 27, 2016, 03:02:24 pm »

He groped a Finn? I'm surprised she didn't stab him.  :P

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8799 on: October 27, 2016, 03:16:18 pm »

Quote from: Dozebôm Lolumzalěs
Neither one is appreciably less evil than the other in my eyes.
Drop the "appreciably." Would you rather have Trump or Clinton? If you can't decide, then don't vote, or vote for Mickey Mouse, or vote for Sanders, or the Man in the Moon. I don't care. But if enough people choose Sanders over Clinton, Trump will win. There are people who prefer Clinton to Trump, but will still vote for Sanders. That is a stupid choice.

I never said I was voting for Sanders although that's anyone's choice if they want to write him in. There's a slight difference between voting for someone who's actually still in the race and someone who isn't running. Sanders isn't running. Neither is Mickey Mouse or the Man in the moon.

You want me to drop the appreciably? I've swung the whole gamut of choices this election. From the beginning I was cheering Clinton on. Then her dirty laundry came out and I cheered Trump on although slightly reluctantly. I never liked Trump, I was never all that positive about Clinton. But the more I learned about both the more I wanted to avoid any sort of support for either of them. I supported Bernie for a while but he eventually started doing some stupid stuff and my support for him waned. I supported Stein when she seemed to be giving a home to Bernie supporters after the convention and I still support her as the closest thing to my opinions in this race. And I support Johnson as the closest 3rd place we've had this election and also not being utterly despicable. (I don't particularly like some of his policies, but I could live with him at least.)

I've gone over it on my own and in my opinion there are pros and cons to both Clinton or Trump winning. At this point, however, I don't even really care which one wins between the two of them because it evens out. They'll both do horrible things. They'll both do some good things. In the end the US will be worse off either way and in 4 years maybe we can just go from there picking up pieces.

Also oh my god has this thread moved fast.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: October 27, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »

I want to like Stein, but....she's not as pure as she portrays herself. And she's distinctly unlikeable.

Johnson is way more likeable, but dear god his lack of foreign policy clues is a non-starter. Plus I'm not really an economic Libertarian.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: October 27, 2016, 03:33:03 pm »

I'm torn. I don't want to side with Gawker or any of their ilk, and I hate losing pets... but Pence is such a hateful douche.

Can you think something is in poor taste but remain unsympathetic?

I've gone over it on my own and in my opinion there are pros and cons to both Clinton or Trump winning. At this point, however, I don't even really care which one wins between the two of them because it evens out. They'll both do horrible things. They'll both do some good things. In the end the US will be worse off either way and in 4 years maybe we can just go from there picking up pieces.
Can you name one good thing Trump will do?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: October 27, 2016, 03:34:36 pm »

I'm torn. I don't want to side with Gawker or any of their ilk, and I hate losing pets... but Pence is such a hateful douche.

Can you think something is in poor taste but remain unsympathetic?

Can you name one good thing Trump will do?
Pence is shite, but that was still uncalled for.
Now, if the dog had died of AIDS maybe....

EDIT: If Trump curtailed abuse of the H-2B visa program (as he called for at one point), that would be a good thing. I don't have any expectation that he'd actually make good on that though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8803 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:35 pm »

You don't have to abandon basic human decency in order to be opposed to someone, even in totality. Trust me, any feeling that makes you think "maybe Gawker has a point" is the Inner Darkness trying to corrupt you.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: October 27, 2016, 03:41:27 pm »

Yeah. The dog was blameless in all of this.

inb4 article breaks "Mike Pence crafted Indiana policy based on advice from family dog"

Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 1249