Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391097 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #8115 on: October 21, 2016, 03:18:18 pm »

If Rubio had done better and not fallen (well, walked) into Trumps trap among other rookie mistakes, maybe.

He did have a thing going for him for a while and was certainly one of the better republican candidates, by republican standards anyway.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: October 21, 2016, 04:01:14 pm »

If Rubio had done better and not fallen (well, walked) into Trumps trap among other rookie mistakes, maybe.

He did have a thing going for him for a while and was certainly one of the better republican candidates, by republican standards anyway.

If you lived in Florida, you'd know how much of a dork Rubio truly is... or seemed to be before Trump anyway... Before you put Trump on my plate I'd have said I'd never vote for him.

Thankfully though (for the rest of y'all) most people don't live in Florida and just see a young, up and coming senator who is maybe a bit repetitive in his point making.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: October 21, 2016, 04:10:37 pm »

God, I just want a recording of the conflicts that I know Trump must be having with Pence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: October 21, 2016, 04:14:04 pm »

God, I just want a recording of the conflicts that I know Trump must be having with Pence.
I want to see mainiac and RedKing using sockpuppets to read these conflicts, for some reason.

I'm not right in the head.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: October 21, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »

I want to see mainiac and RedKing using sockpuppets to read these conflicts, for some reason.

I'm not right in the head.

Using literal puppets made out of socks? I don't know, I think that'd be pretty funny.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: October 21, 2016, 04:24:26 pm »

Well of course, one orange sock with a blonde wig, one white sock with a grey wig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: October 21, 2016, 04:26:55 pm »

Now you've got me wondering if there's trump hand puppets. After the body pillow I wouldn't be surprised.

E: quick Google suggests no, though. Finger puppets, yes (crocheted, even), but not hand.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:29:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: October 21, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

Good to know, then, that the Republican response to this Trump will likely be doubling down on the crazy. And when they lose in 2020, they'll double down again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

By 2040, the Atomic Political Weight of the Republican party will become so dense it will suck all of a America, nay, the WORLD, into the Singularity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: October 21, 2016, 05:04:28 pm »

The funny thing is, during the debate the other night, Clinton embraced abortion rights. Most democrats take an at-arms-length approach to abortion rights, a "I support the right but I disagree with the action itself morally" approach. There was none of that in the debate.

I know that this is a bit late to the conversation, but. What? Quoting from memory here, so quite possibly wrong, but didn't she say something along the lines of "Abortion is one of the hardest choices for a woman to make". That might not be a total "abortion sucks but anything else sucks worse" but it's a pretty far cry from destigmatization.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8125 on: October 21, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »

What?  The Singularity? It's already happened. Trump is an android, remember? He was sent to distract us from the fact that we're all in the Matrix!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: October 21, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

It's a different focus. The typical line is the strategically questionable "Abortion is EVIL and MURDER but the us government maybe shouldn't be in vaginas", where is this as "Abortion is a difficult personal choice and the state has no legitimate role trying to make that choice for people".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #8127 on: October 21, 2016, 05:09:04 pm »

Which liberal would ever say the first sentence? Some fake conservative scum!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: October 21, 2016, 05:10:39 pm »

Also the context was Trump promising to overturn Roe V Wade...
I dunno, seems like a fair thing to say honestly.  People should have the right, and emotional support, because it's a really hard thing to do.

Republicans try to make it out as some casual thing, which is nonsense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: October 21, 2016, 05:17:29 pm »

I'd certainly say she took a middle ground between the two extremes.
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1249