Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391451 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7665 on: October 18, 2016, 09:31:37 pm »

But the Birther controversy was total BS created ENTIRELY because "Obama" sounds like "Osama"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: October 18, 2016, 09:34:53 pm »

... not entirely, no. By any means.

Also probably had more to do with the rest of his name, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7667 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:23 pm »

Malicious Malik, here to sneakily attack our country from within?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »

But the Birther controversy was total BS created ENTIRELY because "Obama" sounds like "Osama"

I know it was total BS. Though I don't think that was the actual reason, at least not the one pushed by Trump.

Either way, it's a pretty obvious callback to the whole controversey.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:38:19 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

Oh my fucking god, what? Kudos Trump, you actually manged to surprise me. I can think of a lot of reasons why he might bring Obama's brother, all of them bad.

Why the dude supports Trump is perhaps even weirder...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: October 18, 2016, 09:45:25 pm »

Oh my fucking god, what? Kudos Trump, you actually manged to surprise me. I can think of a lot of reasons why he might bring Obama's brother, all of them bad.

Why the dude supports Trump is perhaps even weirder...

http://nypost.com/2016/07/24/why-obamas-half-brother-says-hell-be-voting-for-donald-trump/ He's apparently registered to vote in Maryland. *shrugs* Gotta love family ties, right?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: October 18, 2016, 09:46:59 pm »

Eh, quick check seems to suggest that the obama brothers don't agree too much on... lots of things. Seems to be a fairly standard case of just having a conservative family member.

Also apparently our president has at least somewhere between three and twelve sister-in-laws. That was a factoid I wasn't aware of. Actually, I hadn't paid much attention to his family at all. Now that I look at it, damn. Dude's got a lot of half siblings. Enough in-laws to run a small town.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:56:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: October 18, 2016, 10:00:26 pm »

"So what about the fact that Obama's brother won't vote for you?"
'Well Donald, that's interesting that you felt it wise to bring that up, considering all of the republican politicians who've said they won't vote for you.'

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: October 18, 2016, 11:05:15 pm »

'Well Donald, that's interesting that you felt it wise to bring that up, considering all of the republican politicians who've said they won't vote for you.'

Cue wikileaks stories about how Clinton colluded with republicans to stop Trump.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: October 19, 2016, 01:31:05 am »

Don't forget the release of another 5000 scandalous emails involving the illicit purchase of Girl Scout Cookies with taxpayer money and Hillary's nudes.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: October 19, 2016, 03:47:19 am »

Cue wikileaks stories about how Clinton colluded with republicans to stop Trump.

Wait is that illegal? I mean... Trump did the same thing and did so publically (or was it that he donated to other republicans or something I forget)

You know what nevermind I can only allude to what I am thinking of...

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: October 19, 2016, 04:28:19 am »

I would offer another viewpoint but you guys are so far out there that it feel really useless.

The e-mail shown several case of SEVERE instance of collusion between media and politicians, the leaked Goldman Sach transcript should be pretty damning, (especially given that they have been involved in several BIG poltical/financial scandals).

The mails are showing a campaign that has jet-set mentality (pool parties at the vineyard, one of the most expensive/exclusive place in America), it also give evidence that the US is providing Syrian rebels (affiliated with al-quaida, no less) with weapon, and that Saudi and Quatari involvement with ISIS is an open secret.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: October 19, 2016, 04:53:02 am »

I think I should see if calling Americans Entitled because they don't like either presidential choice gets annoying or not.

I mean I am already annoyed and I haven't even done it yet... (I hate the term "Entitled" mostly because it is NEVER used well... "Ohh man, you want service at this restaurant? So entitled")

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: October 19, 2016, 04:54:57 am »

Oh, yeah, totally a jet set mentality. I mean, both candidates are millionaires it isn't surprising. I don't see the collusion with the media that much. Sure, they're talking to the media a lot, but... Isn't that what campaigns are supposed to do? Like, their job is to get as many good stories as possible about their candidates out there. As long as they don't bribe journalists or the like....

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:30 am »

Oh, yeah, totally a jet set mentality. I mean, both candidates are millionaires it isn't surprising. I don't see the collusion with the media that much. Sure, they're talking to the media a lot, but... Isn't that what campaigns are supposed to do? Like, their job is to get as many good stories as possible about their candidates out there. As long as they don't bribe journalists or the like....

Yes the US Government has openly colluded with media before... and openly manipulated it (Iraq/Afghanistan war).

As for not bribing Journalists... You sure they haven't?
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1249