Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391897 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7650 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:44 pm »

Dems have a better-than-50% chance of taking the Senate, I think, or at least getting to 50 senators (49 plus Maine's(?) independent) which is enough to prevent gridlock and get a scotus nominee through.  Not at all guaranteed though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: October 18, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

you have got to be kidding me.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/17/498328520/sen-mccain-says-republicans-will-block-all-court-nominations-if-clinton-wins

meanwhile trump goes around proclaiming he will stuff the court with the most conservative conservatives. i hate republicans and their massive bigotry.

It's just the Establishment Republicans buckling down for what some are viewing as the inevitable loss of the elections. They're trying to let their base know that they will continue to legislate 100% on the basis of partisan obstructionism, in the hopes they'll save their Senate seats.

Personally I'd take it as a good sign for the election, if the Republican Establishment is effectively already talking past it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: October 18, 2016, 07:31:02 pm »

Maybe it would be better for Democrats if Trump won. Then the DNC could get the dead wood burned out and Trump would run the country into the ground enough to remind people what Republicans are best at. You'd think having the model of the south to look at would help, but hey.

God no.  Look at what happened after 2010.  We went from partisanship to outright collapse in basic government.  Everytime we give republicans more power they abuse it.  Electing a manchild isn't going to fix that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: October 18, 2016, 07:44:52 pm »

I think this is the beginning of at least two long, terribly dysfunctional years. And it'll all be blamed on Clinton.

Maybe it would be better for Democrats if Trump won. Then the DNC could get the dead wood burned out and Trump would run the country into the ground enough to remind people what Republicans are best at. You'd think having the model of the south to look at would help, but hey.

People suggested Tony Abbott being prime minister in Australia would be good for Labour. It was not.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: October 18, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »

Don't ignore the spirited support for First Citizen Obama Invictus or instituting demarchy, they're just as important as the astral vision of the Giant Meteor/Kos, Or Some Say Kosm ticket.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: October 18, 2016, 07:57:00 pm »

People suggested Tony Abbott being prime minister in Australia would be good for Labour. It was not.

And let's not forget the prediction that Hitler winning in 1932 would bring about communist revolution.  Well I suppose one could say that in 1946 they became half right.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: October 18, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

Incidentally it looks like Ecuador told Assange "Hey, can you quit doing stupid shit like not redacting credit/social and other such info, cause it kinda makes us complicit in harboring a criminal" and he was like "yeah ok..." and kept doing it. Finally they were approached and told that Assange was fucking around trying to influence the election here, they probably asked him "hey, can you stop doing that shit, we don't know about you, but we don't want to get on the shitlist of multiple powerful nations" and he was like "yeah ok..." and kept doing it, so they cut off his wifi.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: October 18, 2016, 08:43:55 pm »

It's less epic when you put it that way.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: October 18, 2016, 09:00:52 pm »

you have got to be kidding me.

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/17/498328520/sen-mccain-says-republicans-will-block-all-court-nominations-if-clinton-wins

meanwhile trump goes around proclaiming he will stuff the court with the most conservative conservatives. i hate republicans and their massive bigotry.

Are they even fucking serious? Though it's just McCain saying that. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

On Ecuador, yeah, looks like they independently made the decision to do that with pulling the plug on Assanage.

I wonder how long before they say 'ENOUGH! You are no longer welcome here!'? Even an embassys hospitality to an asylum seeker can only go so far.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: October 18, 2016, 09:04:51 pm »

They would basically need for Assange to be implicated in a major act of terrorism in a western country to throw him out. Anything less, and the damage to their ability to guarantee asylum outweighs any annoyances he causes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:05 pm »

And then he'll live out remaining years in the Pirate Bay, podcasting through a microphone secretly just attached to a black box.  Recording, for future generations, the madness of our time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: October 18, 2016, 09:29:05 pm »

Good point I guess.

Trump is bringing Obama's Kenyan born half-brother Malik as one of his guests to the debate. I actually saw it earlier with https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/18/donald-trump-campaign-election-news-hillary-clinton-live?page=with:block-5806a03be4b005f21833ad44#block-5806a03be4b005f21833ad44 , but it was a tweet through a secondary source (and I couldn't find the origional tweet), so I decided to wait and see whether anybody else reported. By doing that, Trump is ripping the birther controversey back out of the ground and back to life after supposedly burying it. At least that's how I see it.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1249