Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392325 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7485 on: October 17, 2016, 06:04:44 pm »

Speaking of the whole 'election rigged' thing that Trump is pushing, a lot of people evidently (and unsurprisingly) believe it: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/poll-41-percent-of-voters-say-the-election-could-be-stolen-from-trump-229871

I have no idea how that compares to previous years. Probably wasn't even asked in previous years.

A lot of people think there is some fraud going on in elections.

Probably because... yeah it keeps happening. The only solace is that so far the cheating hasn't won anyone an election.
It keeps happening in the same way that people keep getting struck by lightning. Which is to say, so rare that we don't talk about having a "lightning problem".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: October 17, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »

(@Xeron) Do keep an open mind, but not so much that you let your brain fall out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: October 17, 2016, 06:06:39 pm »

Uhuh, is it going to be CNN ? Or maybe ABC or MSNBC right ? You people are being willingly ignorant and it's sad.

If the source wasn't from a 'known huckster', maybe I'd pay attention....

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: October 17, 2016, 06:08:38 pm »

Everyone here loved wikileaks when they were releashing shit on the Bushes and TPP. Now you're all saying they're a russian propaganda tool. How can you people engage in such mental gymnastics ?

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:06 pm »

Everyone here loved wikileaks when they were releashing shit on the Bushes and TPP. Now you're all saying they're a russian propaganda tool. How can you people engage in such mental gymnastics ?

That was before Assanage sold his soul to the Russians and the current sheneinighans.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: October 17, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

Hey, guess what, organizations change. Back then, they were actually doing what they claimed they were founded to do. Now, they're willingly working with the Russians, the very people they claimed to work against so long ago, in an attempt to influence our election because Assange happens to have a huge grudge against Clinton. If there's anyone here engaging in mental gymnastics, it's you and your attempts to claw hypocrisy out of nothingness.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:29 pm »

Also back then they weren't conducting a political campaign during election season seeking to discredit a candidate by manipulating stolen information.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: October 17, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Clearly all the emails are fabricated by Putin to get Trump elected because Russia is oh so scared by Nato and America. Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
Furthermore, I love how you bastards call Trump supporters conspiracy nuts, and when the Republican HQ gets burnt down you all imediately assume it's a false flag by Republicans. I'm done with this thread and I am going to laugh so hard when you fucking brainwashed idiots lose. It happened with Brexit, it will happen with this.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: October 17, 2016, 06:19:23 pm »

... well, it's nice when a living embodiment of lacking self-awareness stops by, I guess. Have fun doing whatever it is you do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: October 17, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Clearly all the emails are fabricated by Putin to get Trump elected because Russia is oh so scared by Nato and America. Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
Furthermore, I love how you bastards call Trump supporters conspiracy nuts, and when the Republican HQ gets burnt down you all imediately assume it's a false flag by Republicans. I'm done with this thread and I am going to laugh so hard when you fucking brainwashed idiots lose. It happened with Brexit, it will happen with this.

I'm pretty sure he isn't hermetically sealed with no access to ANYTHING, do you REALLY think that he has had absolutely no access to telephone or internet for six years?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: October 17, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »

• Use of phrase "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight" in attempt to sound superior
  • Strawman argument
  • Ad hominem attack
  • Characterisation of disagreeing parties as united block even though two of them despise each other on a molecular level.
  • Treating floated theories as dogma
  • Brexit in the Ameripol thread
  • "I'm done with this thread"

[  ] Trump 2016 baseball cap
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: October 17, 2016, 06:21:55 pm »

Speaking of the whole 'election rigged' thing that Trump is pushing, a lot of people evidently (and unsurprisingly) believe it: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/poll-41-percent-of-voters-say-the-election-could-be-stolen-from-trump-229871

I have no idea how that compares to previous years. Probably wasn't even asked in previous years.

A lot of people think there is some fraud going on in elections.

Probably because... yeah it keeps happening. The only solace is that so far the cheating hasn't won anyone an election.
It keeps happening in the same way that people keep getting struck by lightning. Which is to say, so rare that we don't talk about having a "lightning problem".

It isn't THAT uncommon... But usually it is like... an extra 100 votes or something.

Cheating of any sort of scale is pretty difficult to do.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: October 17, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »

Do you even have any sort of proof that Assange is conected with the russians considering he's been FUCKING SEALED IN THE ECUADORIAN EMBASSY FOR SIX YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT ?
https://www.rt.com/tags/the-julian-assange-show/

Also he's been hiding in that embassy for 6 years because he doesn't want to face a rape charge in Sweden. I haven't seen any evidence of US involvement in that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: October 17, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »

It isn't THAT uncommon... But usually it is like... an extra 100 votes or something.

Cheating of any sort of scale is pretty difficult to do.
Oddly enough, the average for lightning fatalities is around 40-50 a year in the US, with the strikes themselves having around a 9-10% chance to kill. So a hundred extra votes would actually be substantially less common than people getting struck by lightning :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: October 17, 2016, 06:32:14 pm »

I took a look at his profile for no particular reason and his timezone is anywhere BUT the US. Not to mention saying his saying 'your' rather than 'our' government.

Simply making an observation here.

Also, it wasn't THE republican HQ, it was an office in NC.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:34:00 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1249