Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394335 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #7110 on: October 15, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

In Kansas, 3 members of the extreme right militia "Crusaders" have been arrested by the FBI for planning an attack with a "weapon of mass destruction" on an appartment complex in Garden City which houses Somalian immigrants, and is used as a mosque.

According to prosecutor Tom Beall, a long term infiltration operation of 8 months led to the arrests, and "unvealed a hidden culture of hate and violence".

They planned to attack the building by placing vehicles packed with high grade explosives at all corners of the complex, at the coming election day.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/arrestaties-in-vs-voor-beramen-aanslag-op-immigranten~a4396339/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7111 on: October 15, 2016, 05:37:32 pm »

That is not how you statistics, general.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: October 15, 2016, 05:41:06 pm »

You're late, the Crusaders were posted days ago.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: October 15, 2016, 05:45:23 pm »

Yeah, I linked that some number of pages back, mart. Said it before, said it again. Hope it's isolated.

In other news, clinton's had more speeches leaked. Included with it is one of the most blatant piece of shit out of context quoting I think wikileaks has done so far this campaign cycle, which is saying a whole hell of a lot. Don't feel like going through the trouble of getting a twitter link to work (plus fuck those guys, I don't even want to help traffic reach them for this one), but I can quote
Quote from: From wikileak's twitter account
Hillary Clinton: "I want to defend fracking." Climate change environmentalists should "Get a life,"
If you want to know why that's pissing me off towards wikileaks instead of clinton,
Spoiler: here you go (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: October 15, 2016, 05:53:07 pm »

Wikileaks are Russian shills at this point if they haven't been directly co-opted.

That said, Clinton's not really endearing herself in the full quote either with the environmentalist strawman or the "lol fuck you I know what side my toast is buttered on" when it comes to those sweet fossil fuel dollars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: October 15, 2016, 05:56:22 pm »

I hope they realize the damage they're doing to their reputation and credibility, then again, they obviously don't care and Assanage is using it to pursue a personal grudge he has against Clinton.

I wonder if Snowden is ashamed of them by now or something.

Wikileaks are Russian shills at this point if they haven't been directly co-opted.

Not so much Russian shill than a common goal. But yeah, Wikileaks has completely ruined their reputation and credibility.

I wonder if they'd be in even more legal trouble now because they're now directly involved or implicated with Russian espionage.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:00:09 pm by smjjames »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7116 on: October 15, 2016, 06:02:12 pm »

She's talking about the radical environmentalists. There really are people like that. Even I know that a complete shut-down of fossil fuel use is infeasible, though, so they hardly represent the majority of environmentalists, but she's countering the minority. She's not claiming to counter the majority's claims in any way.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: October 15, 2016, 06:03:11 pm »

Even the actual Clinton quote infuriates me. She clearly has no realistic understanding of fracking if she thinks there are right circumstances for it. And prattling on about how we need more pipelines. Ugh.

No, I don't want her to promise to never bring fossil fuels out of the ground again. I want her to promise a continuous reduction. Her portrayal of environmentalists is a strawman to justify doing nothing, just as the fossil fuel propagandists love it, I'm sure.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7118 on: October 15, 2016, 06:06:03 pm »

Ah, nevermind. She was referring to Sanders-supporters. Harrumph. >:(
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: October 15, 2016, 06:06:21 pm »

She's talking about the radical environmentalists. There really are people like that. Even I know that a complete shut-down of fossil fuel use is infeasible, though, so they hardly represent the majority of environmentalists, but she's countering the minority. She's not claiming to counter the majority's claims in any way.

Yeah, because they're used for so many things. Trying to phase out fossil fuel use for transportation (however long it takes) is still a worthwhile goal though since that's just about the biggest use for fossil fuels.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: October 15, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »

Even the actual Clinton quote infuriates me. She clearly has no realistic understanding of fracking if she thinks there are right circumstances for it. And prattling on about how we need more pipelines. Ugh.

No, I don't want her to promise to never bring fossil fuels out of the ground again. I want her to promise a continuous reduction. Her portrayal of environmentalists is a strawman to justify doing nothing, just as the fossil fuel propagandists love it, I'm sure.

She said no on the Keystone and the only piplines she prattled on about are the aging infrastructure (water, sewers, everything else) stuff that needs to be fixed/upgraded.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: October 15, 2016, 06:09:34 pm »

... no, she was referring to radical environmentalists. You had it right the first time.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #7122 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:18 pm »

Yeah, because they're used for so many things. Trying to phase out fossil fuel use for transportation (however long it takes) is still a worthwhile goal though since that's just about the biggest use for fossil fuels.

Yeah, saying "we can't get rid of them, so we might as well keep using them more and more every year" is the fallacy of the excluded middle.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that using ethanol can be even worse for the environment than using fossil fuels, what with it requiring ~0.8J of fossil fuels per 1J of ethanol produced. Then there's the agricultural runoff, and bleh, filthy algae blooms. Come to think of it, though, most of that energy's in the transportation, so it could still be useful if carefully done.

She said no on the Keystone and the only piplines she prattled on about are the aging infrastructure (water, sewers, everything else) stuff that needs to be fixed/upgraded.

I want to defend repairing and building the pipelines we need to fuel our economy. I want to defend fracking under the right circumstances...
...it's not just pipelines. It's exploding sewer lines. It's broken water lines.

... no, she was referring to radical environmentalists. You had it right the first time.

So you know Bernie Sanders is getting lots of support from the most radical environmentalists because he's out there every day bashing the Keystone pipeline.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: October 15, 2016, 06:13:13 pm »

I want to defend repairing and building the pipelines we need to fuel our economy.
I'm not surprised she'd be against Keystone, as it is both controversial and also not actually "fueling our economy" (Keystone's slurry is being moved for export). That does not mean we need to build other, less known pipelines. The government constantly tries to pull this shit under cover of obscurity.

Not even getting into all that's been going on with them violating tribal treaties lately....
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: October 15, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »

... keep reading, doz. Also yes, that's the first point it's identified. Then that radicals are what's being discussed is reinforced. "Most organized and wildest".
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1249