Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388032 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6750 on: October 12, 2016, 06:02:41 pm »

Donald Trump says Isis will take over US if Clinton wins

I guess he realized that trying to run against the record of Obama or Bill Clinton wasn't working because they are so much more popular then he is.  So he is trying to run against competition at his own level.

Pretty sure even ISIS is hemorrhaging money and support slower than Trump.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: October 12, 2016, 06:09:44 pm »

... apparently, in reaction to those single gender poll maps 538 did, trump supporters are now spreading #RepealThe19th. I'd like to think it's just poe/trolls, but. This election.

This goddamn election.

Freaking seriously? I too, would like to think it's just the trolls/satire/whatevernotserious, but still... Also, it's looking like we'll have a blowout in favor of Clinton and in the 538 article Frumple is talking about, the gender gap is pretty dang huge. Maybe 'unprecedented' huge.

@sergarr: Trump is overflowing with BS, you know that :P

Anyway, more podesta email leaks: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/john-podesta-email-wikileaks-live-blog/index.html, www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/john-podesta-email-wikileaks-live-blog/index.html

It's certainly bad. While I know that politics always has it's seamy dark underside, the whole stuff still makes me waver on it. If there was a viable alternative besides Trump, I'd have gone for that one already. May consider withholding my presidential vote.....

I wonder where some California polls are? Would be good to know how things are in the state....

Pence supporter says there will be revolution if Clinton is elected. I know theres always some nutters around, but given the political climate and Trump, it's a bit scary because some people could actualize on it. Besides, that's exactly what our enemies would want, for us to violently fight among ourselves.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: October 12, 2016, 06:14:45 pm »

what

It seems the trump campaign has confirmed that words don't mean things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: October 12, 2016, 06:16:00 pm »

Pence supporter says there will be revolution if Clinton is elected. I know theres always some nutters around, but given the political climate and Trump, it's a bit scary because some people could actualize on it. Besides, that's exactly what our enemies would want, for us to violently fight among ourselves.

Please. They said the same thing when Obama was running, both times. If a Black Man/Secret Muslim getting elected to POTUS twice can't motivate the insensible part of America to a true revolt, I really doubt Evil Corporate White Woman can either.

And to the same token, people on the Left said the same thing about Bush Jr in 2000. And look how far that went.

To me it's practically Godwin when discussing politics. If I've read it, I'm out, this conversation can't go anywhere. And if I said, I clearly need to stop talking because I'm at my wit's end.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:19:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: October 12, 2016, 06:20:47 pm »

I wonder if more people support Donald Trump than support ISIS.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: October 12, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

But wont men be busy grabbing pussies?  I thought Trump was "for traditional marriage"?
Where do you think Trump is going to be? He's like the Santa Claus of sexual assault.
You'll be happy to know that made me blow a little snot bubble when I did a reverse snort.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: October 12, 2016, 06:24:38 pm »

what

It seems the trump campaign has confirmed that words don't mean things.

She's just trying to cover her bosses ass and spin it somewhere else. Also, in another one http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/kellyanne-conway-donald-trump-denial-229701 , she's basically asking them to give Trump more free press and cover the whole thing.

Please. They said the same thing when Obama was running, both times. If a Black Man getting elected to POTUS can't motivate the insensible part of America to a true revolt, I really doubt Evil Corporate Woman can either.

And to the same token, people on the Left said the same thing about Bush Jr in 2000. And look how far that went.

To me it's practically Godwin when discussing politics. If I've read it, I'm out, this conversation can't go anywhere. And if I said, I clearly need to stop talking because I'm at my wit's end.

Okay, good point then. I did say that there are always some nutters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6757 on: October 12, 2016, 06:35:51 pm »

"Work [at home] will set you free." Auschwitz or Schafly?

Yes, I know, Godwin's. It's just too good not to share.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: October 12, 2016, 06:37:21 pm »

Things are getting desperate for Trump Supporters. That's worrysome, as the more desperate things get, the greater the risk of elections on up to, and after election day. I'm going to hope for the best, but it is deeply troubling.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #6759 on: October 12, 2016, 06:45:50 pm »

Quote from: Trump on Clinton speaking of the "deplorables," or -ists
For the first time in a long while, her true feelings came out, showing bigotry and hatred for millions of Americans.

And of course you're better, Mr. Trump, because you don't try to hide it, amiright?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: October 12, 2016, 07:28:19 pm »

Saw this on The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/can-clinton-win-utah-poll-trump-evan-mcmullin-tie

Poll itself (link grabbed through 538's election forecast: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

I know my first thought is that 500 is a pretty small sample, but yeah... three way split.... 538 shows the numbers for Johnson but not the McMullin vote, so, it doesn't completely add up.

I wonder if 538 is making a mistake here by ignoring McMullin....

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: October 12, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »

McMullin just started his campaign.

This makes a win for McMullin in Utah a very real possibility.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:04 pm »

McMullin just started his campaign.

This makes a win for McMullin in Utah a very real possibility.

No, he started sometime over the summer, but everybody except some pollsters have been ignoring him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: October 12, 2016, 07:52:16 pm »

Well he's only a relevant factor in Utah. Could realistically snipe the state off Trump though, most likely by splitting the vote enough to give it to the Dems.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »

The day McMullin got underway, betting averages on Trump winning Utah dropped a full 20%. I've been following this average of the betting sites (state-by-state breakdown, change over time, the works), and it's funny to watch sometimes.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1249