Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388682 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6150 on: October 08, 2016, 10:57:01 pm »

The only way the GOP can be successful with reframing the election as "Pence vs. Clinton" would be if they guaranteed that Trump will be immediately taken out by a sniper later on Inauguration Day. Which is a tempting offer.....except for the whole Mike Pence part.

Wanting to grope women = normal.
Thank you for self-identifying as a sexual predator, new guy.
"New guy" has been lurking for 7 years now. He's been groping everyone on the forum with his mind since back then.

But that type of response in general reminds of an article back when Justin Bieber was in all that drugs/drag racing trouble. One writer said "give Bieber a break weren't we all like that when we were teens?" (e.g. rich entitled foul mouthed, car crashing sexist assholes who backtalk the police, trash houses and throw wild parties). Ummm, no.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:02:36 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: October 08, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »

No.

No. No. No. No. No.
But SG, Pence's calm demeanor and strong family values show him as a pinnacle of what people should be in American society.

He's the right man for us, unlike Crooked Hillary.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: October 08, 2016, 11:01:12 pm »

No.

No. No. No. No. No.
Yeeaaah, it wouldn't be much of an improvement, if any. Pence is his own sort of horrible, and it's arguable trump is actually a worse outcome. Or at least not much of one. Kinda' like asking if you want to be force-fed razor blades coated with arsenic or cyanide.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: October 08, 2016, 11:02:26 pm »

No.

No. No. No. No. No.
Well spoken. That just about sums up how I feel about everything.

You know, all those jokes about Hillary's debate prep involving wrestling a Kraken and having hydrochloric acid puffed at her face might turn out to be accurate. Trump enters the debate tomorrow with his entire campaign on the line and nothing to lose. I heard that before, Clinton was going to try and use the format to show off her personal side and to connect with voters, but that the Trump Tape revelations may have upended that.

Meanwhile, Rob Portman has pulled his endorsement. Trump Tower plots their response to the debate tomorrow, confused and divided. Tomorrow will be one hell of a day.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:49 am »

What is wrong with this year.

All these never-happened-befores.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: October 09, 2016, 12:12:14 am »

I hate to break it to you, but this is the Darkest Timeline. We're going to be an object lesson for the protagonists when they get warped into the future.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: October 09, 2016, 12:19:16 am »

We're the "alternate universe" for other universes to say "In some universe, Donald Trump ran for President and nearly won..."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: October 09, 2016, 12:23:37 am »

We're the "alternate universe" for other universes to say "In some universe, Donald Trump ran for President and nearly won..."
Except the universe where Donald Trump actually won, which exists simply to prove the idea that it could "always be worse."  Unless that ends up actually being us by some nightmare scenario, in which case I suspect that armor in my avatar's going to find good use when we go full Mad Max.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: October 09, 2016, 12:27:08 am »

For the next 50 years a staple of science fiction is going to be "what if Trump had been president?"  Just like a staple of science fiction is "what if Nazis won WWII?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: October 09, 2016, 12:44:54 am »

No.

No. No. No. No. No.
Well spoken. That just about sums up how I feel about everything.

You know, all those jokes about Hillary's debate prep involving wrestling a Kraken and having hydrochloric acid puffed at her face might turn out to be accurate. Trump enters the debate tomorrow with his entire campaign on the line and nothing to lose. I heard that before, Clinton was going to try and use the format to show off her personal side and to connect with voters, but that the Trump Tape revelations may have upended that.

Meanwhile, Rob Portman has pulled his endorsement. Trump Tower plots their response to the debate tomorrow, confused and divided. Tomorrow will be one hell of a day.

The obvious thing they'd do is to spin that he won it. Just like they tried for the first one, or rather, they blamed it on the microphone. Clinton may still attempt to show off her personal side, but yeah, all debate expectations have been upended.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: October 09, 2016, 12:47:15 am »

Don't rule anything out at this stage. There's a whole month to go. That's like 7 epochs of Trump Logic. Who knows what the narrative will be by then?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: October 09, 2016, 01:14:07 am »

At this point, I'm half-expecting the next bombshell to be that Trump is actually Chelsea Clinton's father.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: October 09, 2016, 02:48:24 am »

the worst lasting effect for me will be if congressional/state republicans who aren't the trump racism-populism-fucktheworld-immigrantstakingyermoney-naftatakingyerjobs kind get overwhelmingly replaced by those that are

it'd be crushing

at least if (probably when, as Trump's continual depths of terrible person emerge like an iceberg from the last layer of dante's inferno) clinton wins and that doesn't happen I can hope for congress to kick her ass

My congressional vote this election will be much more important than my presidential one

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: October 09, 2016, 03:53:32 am »

I mentioned the other day but the gerrymandering that went using the census data from 2010 has kinda fucked us over, so we need to make sure to keep bringing this issue up before the 2020 census leads to some nightmarish scenario in which the gerrymandering becomes so intense that it produces an eldritch summoning grid and allows That Which Gibbers Behind The Darkness to enter our universe and Feed.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: October 09, 2016, 04:00:53 am »

When the electoral districts start resembling something Mandelbrot might have discovered then it's gone too far.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1249