Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388781 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6075 on: October 08, 2016, 12:53:18 pm »

Too long American politics hasn't answered the question we all have.  "Where da white women at?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: October 08, 2016, 12:57:12 pm »

It continues. Sen. John Thune of South Dakota has unendorsed Trump and endorsed Pence instead; Hugh Hewitt, Radio-show host and noted Trump supporter, has abruptly announced that Trump should withdraw; Arnold Schwarzenegger, noted military robot sent from the future and Former Governor of California, has announced that Trump would have neither his support nor Skynet's support. In other news, most of Utah's leading figures and other noted Mormons in the public sphere have pulled support, including Rep. Chaffetz, Gov. Herbert, sen. Mile Lee, and Jon Huntsmen, former candidate for President from 2012.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:16:40 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: October 08, 2016, 12:59:34 pm »

And Romney never endorsed IIRC.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: October 08, 2016, 01:01:03 pm »

Americans have always been more puritanical then Italians.
I heard they have a statue of a saint that they rub for fertility, except it turns out *lots* of countries have that...  Though I think this one has three-
ANYWAY
Spoiler: I'm original! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:25:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: October 08, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »

It's great the way 2-day old articles about Trump seem hopelessly out of date. Trump is an enigma in that all news is simultaneously constantly out of date, yet somehow always current.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: October 08, 2016, 01:10:36 pm »

Ahnold's is a double-burn since he's apparently hosting the new Apprentice?
"Greater Carolina"

Ηλί, Ηλί, σαβαχθανί Λάμα
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: October 08, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »

So I've given up on being productive for a few hours while this continues, and I need to keep talking. So he's a question for everyone: Will Trump address his remarks publicly (at a rally) before the debate? He seemed to imply he would in his apology video, but there is so little time. If he does, he'd have the advantage of trying to frame it before the debate starts, but with so little time before, and the Trump team struggling to focus on a direction for the response, the clock is ticking, and they have little time to do it. But if they don't, Trump will go into the debate without having addressed it, meaning they'll hammer him on it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: October 08, 2016, 01:51:56 pm »

So it appears that reality is finally catching up to Trump. Honestly, though, it might make sense to keep Trump in the race over other potential candidates because he definitely does have some support, and not all of those are far rightwingers who only vote for Republican candidates anyway. Or they could try for a Pence/Carson ticket 8).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: October 08, 2016, 02:11:46 pm »

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the republicans can't get trump off the ticket at this point. Think even if he withdraws, he'd still be listed. Want to say the name would still be there if he up and died, even.

They could run a different candidate, but it'd have to be a write-in or somethin' on the actual ballot, iirc, at least for most state. Thing you have to remember is that in a lot of places ballots have already been printed and folks have already started voting. Theoretically there could be reprints and revotes and whatnot, but, uh. I'm pretty sure most places would just say it's not worth the cost and effort, and they can deal. Shoulda' sorted their shit out earlier :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: October 08, 2016, 02:19:13 pm »

This presents an interesting conundrum. Since the early voting is voting for "Donald Trump - Republican", technically the vote is for the Republican electors and thus if they were to withdraw their nomination of Trump all those votes would go to their replacement. But they also voted for Donald Trump, so if he split indie after getting booted there'd be a massive clusterfuck from people who voted for "Trump" and as a result are denied the ability to actually vote for "Trump".

One of many reasons why they can't withdraw him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »

If Trump were willing to resign he could always tell his electors not to vote for him.  The state laws generally require the electors not to but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't stand up in court and the states could always revise their laws.

I wonder how this will play out for Romney.  He and Kasich are the biggest two names in the NeverTrump movement and he can point to actual achievements as a businessman.  Sure Bane Capital is controversial for their work fighting the Batman but the Mormon Olympics is well regarded.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: October 08, 2016, 02:42:05 pm »

I wonder what will Gary do with the inevitable windfall of voters that is going to rain on him due to all these October Surprises...

eh, he'll probably just say something dumb again and lose them all in a flash, like a third-party loser that he is
._.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: October 08, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »

Trump's poor relations with Romney also looks very bad to Mormon voters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: October 08, 2016, 02:55:38 pm »

I wonder what will Gary do with the inevitable windfall of voters that is going to rain on him due to all these October Surprises...

eh, he'll probably just say something dumb again and lose them all in a flash, like a third-party loser that he is
"Which one was October again?"

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: October 08, 2016, 02:58:49 pm »

If Trump were willing to resign he could always tell his electors not to vote for him.  The state laws generally require the electors not to but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't stand up in court and the states could always revise their laws.

I wonder how this will play out for Romney.  He and Kasich are the biggest two names in the NeverTrump movement and he can point to actual achievements as a businessman.  Sure Bane Capital is controversial for their work fighting the Batman but the Mormon Olympics is well regarded.

If Trump were willing to resign he could always tell his electors not to vote for him.

If Trump were willing to resign

If

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1249