Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389231 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5730 on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:09 pm »

Did Kaine just accidentially say 'I don't believe in this nation'? I missed the part before that though, so, not sure the context.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: October 04, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »

In spite of this religious bullshit, I am slightly ameliorated by Kaine being the only person in this election so far to explicitly talk about how he doesn't want to kill people.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: October 04, 2016, 09:27:30 pm »

Now we've seen everything.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: October 04, 2016, 09:27:52 pm »

I'm anti-adoption. Fuck orphans.

Edit:
"A little time on my knees every day"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: October 04, 2016, 09:28:40 pm »

The question was talk about your faith and Pence is now talking about Clinton's stance on partial birth abortion.

I'm anti-adoption. Fuck orphans.

If you find small businesses helping orphans I will join your league of evil.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: October 04, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »

Still waiting for that golden imaginary day that a politician admits we need a global one-child policy.

All gonna die in the climate crisis.

"Young people in the office who weren't even born when Roe was passed." My mother was alive when Roe was passed.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: October 04, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »

"Senator, you've whipped out that Mexican Thing again."
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: October 04, 2016, 09:32:27 pm »

Still waiting for that golden imaginary day that a politician admits we need a global one-child policy.

All gonna die in the climate crisis.

"Young people in the office who weren't even born when Roe was passed." My mother was alive when Roe was passed.

He said 'YOUNG people', you know, you and me.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:14 pm »

"Senator you whipped out that Mexican thing again".

I feel like Pence is getting more tired as the debate goes on.  Kaine had too much coffee and has mellowed out.  Pence started right but has gone tired.

Why do you want to destroy the economy through demographic induced negative interest rates?  Look at Japan between 1990 and 2005.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: October 04, 2016, 09:35:40 pm »

He said 'YOUNG people', you know, you and me.
I got that backwards, I meant she was a toddler when it was passed. Roe is a long goddamn time ago, and they act like it was in the 90s.
Why do you want to destroy the economy through demographic induced negative interest rates?  Look at Japan between 1990 and 2005.
Because I don't want humanity to die. If being cancer is necessary for our economy then we should break and reinvent it, by any means necessary.

Closing Statements:

WE'RE LOSERS, WE'RE ALL LOSERS
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »

I would like to take a moment to give props to everyone else who wasted their time on that.

Because I don't want humanity to die. If being cancer is necessary for our economy then we should break and reinvent it, by any means necessary.

Continuous cell growth in a 50 year old is cancer.  In a 5 year old it's an essential part of development.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »

I'm glad someone's finally standing up for the military. It's embarrassing how we've let it go.

Spoiler: yep (click to show/hide)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: October 04, 2016, 09:40:08 pm »

Continuous cell growth in a 50 year old is cancer.  In a 5 year old it's an essential part of development.
When the bacteria of a petri dish maximize their resource use they're riding high, being the best bacteria they can be, right before they all die.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: October 04, 2016, 09:40:32 pm »

Well, it's over now and I'd say it's.... inconclusive with neither really winning out, or really losing by much. Kaine could have been a bit better though.

I'm glad someone's finally standing up for the military. It's embarrassing how we've let it go.

Spoiler: yep (click to show/hide)
That chart needs to show the GDP because the GDP is different by country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: October 04, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »

Well my conclusion from the debate is that Pence was a little better off in the start when Kaine was undisciplined but later on Pence feel asleep like the audience and Kaine did a great job arguing against nobody.

When the bacteria of a petri dish maximize their resource use they're riding high, being the best bacteria they can be, right before they all die.

I answered your metaphor with a metaphor with the intent to demonstrate that metaphor was not sufficient proof.  I could respond to this metaphor with yet another metaphor but that would be taxing.

I think single child policies are bad economics and bad economics do not promote environmentalism.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:44:59 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1249