Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392784 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #4980 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:28 pm »

So.... slaughter?

Massacre for Trump, yes. He kept treating this like a primary debate rather than a general election debate for one and he didn't practice either.

He still has two more debates to change however.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: September 26, 2016, 09:46:50 pm »

This might well shock him into actually preparing for the next one, yes. But there's most likely gonna be a helluva bump out of this for Clinton, considering everyone was expecting Trump to win via low expectations.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: September 26, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »

So, will the recent terror attacks help Trump?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: September 26, 2016, 09:48:28 pm »

It's not at all like we've been working on a replacement for the B-52...
Well Russia still uses the Bear bomber....

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: September 26, 2016, 09:49:59 pm »

So, will the recent terror attacks help Trump?

It plays into his hands, yeah, but just how much it helps him remains to be seen maybe.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:29 pm »

Post-debate press questions, Trump has already categorically denied the not-paying-Federal-taxes thing. He's quick.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: September 26, 2016, 09:55:22 pm »

"Lack of substance" ....

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: September 26, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »

Are you guys really so confident that anything happened here that will effect the vote?  Or is this echo-chambering because Hillary's style appeals better to our collective lean?  Because I don't get the impression that Trump did anything that would jeopardize his conservative base.  His whole debate read like a typical conservative Facebook post to me.  Random guy in Indiana could post that junk and most of the state would enthusiastically like and re-share.  Just how much undecided, moderate vote is really out there these days that would be swayed one way or another vs whatever their lean was before the debate?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: September 26, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »

I really like Trump's closing statement. "America is at risk. We're going to die to immigrants, I can save us, but she's going to destroy the country. If she wins, I'll totally support her."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: September 26, 2016, 10:04:11 pm »

Are you guys really so confident that anything happened here that will effect the vote?  Or is this echo-chambering because Hillary's style appeals better to our collective lean?  Because I don't get the impression that Trump did anything that would jeopardize his conservative base.  His whole debate read like a typical conservative Facebook post to me.  Random guy in Indiana could post that junk and most of the state would enthusiastically like and re-share.  Just how much undecided, moderate vote is really out there these days that would be swayed one way or another vs whatever their lean was before the debate?

IDK man but a lot of people were watching and Donald is already denying the statements he just made on stage because they were such political liabilities.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: September 26, 2016, 10:04:26 pm »

Thanks for joining the channel everyone1! Next time hopefully we'll have a competent person to moderate2!

1 who joined the channel. Everyone else gets nonspecific thanks.
2 the channel. I don't actually know if the debate moderator did anything more or less than any other mortal could have been, although his opening jokes were somewhat painful.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »

Just how much undecided, moderate vote is really out there these days that would be swayed one way or another vs whatever their lean was before the debate?

Well, fivethirtyeight keeps talking about the undecideds as being super important still, especially as election day draws closer and more people have to decide if they're going to vote third party or not.

I seriously doubt it'll effect actual core voters on either side. Could effect some people who haven't been paying much attention until now, or who have been blindly following what other people tell them without checking anything for themselves. Although I doubt the latter group bothers to watch debates too often.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: September 26, 2016, 10:06:03 pm »

It might sway some of the remaining undecideds or those considering third parties, but that's about it. Most peoples decisions are already pretty well baked in by now.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: September 26, 2016, 10:07:56 pm »

Not paying your income taxes... Makes you smart.

'Merica?
When in Rome?  :(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4994 on: September 26, 2016, 10:11:45 pm »

A new twitter account has been born.

But yeah, Hillary: B+, maybe even A- if she hadn't been let down by her teammate. Trump: F-, no credit, see me after school, probably going to some kind of counseling.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1249