Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390638 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3660 on: September 04, 2016, 04:38:21 am »

That's one thing Louisville did well, Thunder was always fun, airshow+rock+fireworks=awesomesauces.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 04, 2016, 06:51:55 am »

I've accidentally visited Dayton before, while trying to get to Hocking Hills State Park (Southeast of Columbus). Ohio's a rather featureless place, and it is easy to not realize you're off course. Of course, that was by CAR instead of commercial aircraft.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 04, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

The Wright-Patterson Air Museum is probably the best museum I've ever visited. That alone is probably sufficient to get Ohio a positive mention.

Beyond that, I once got a really delicious mechanic-style  chili dog at a gas station in Dayton.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 04, 2016, 11:42:01 am »

All I can say about Ohio is that the hippies in the old industrial district of Columbus are really fun and chill people.

edit: oh hey, Will Wheaton wrote a piece showing good contrasts: https://medium.com/@wilw/that-clinton-scandal-the-press-desperately-wants-exists-but-its-actually-about-trump-6d4291edc324#.at4ysg3vt

We live in a nation where an ex child tv actor provides more specific instances of wrongdoing (two) and evidence in a single article about Trump on f*ing medium then months of press investigation has produced about the Clinton foundation.  But the Clinton foundation is front page news everywhere...

AP accused The Clinton Foundation of participating in pay-for-play quid pro quo corruption, even though the facts don’t support it. Donald Trump and his foundation have openly, brazenly, and proudly engaged in exactly the kind of conduct AP was trying to desperately to prove in its story, and we have yet to hear anything about it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:10:07 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3664 on: September 04, 2016, 12:42:21 pm »

They should start selling high-visibility reflective MAGA shirts. Kind of like a glossy white. Or silver, maybe.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 04, 2016, 12:43:37 pm »

They should start selling high-visibility reflective MAGA shirts. Kind of like a glossy white. Or silver, maybe.
It's not like it would be a worse use of money than buying "Make Mexico Great Again Also" Hats.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 04, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »

In this country we obey the laws of thermodynamics, mister!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:20 am »

While Obama cancelled a meeting with the president of the Phillipines, after being called a son of a whore by said president, and threatened to be called even worse names if he had any criticism on human rights, I do wonder.

What would Trump have done.

Recolonize, or nuke?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 06, 2016, 01:15:13 am »

Call names back.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:46 am »

Call names back.

Hmm, ofcourse. And make millions selling the viewing rights to Fox. president vs president name calling contest. Should be good for over 10 million viewers.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 06, 2016, 02:20:06 am »

"My mother is the BEST whore. Duterte has to do with scrawny filipinas, but I have the best, greatest ass. He s jealous. Sad!"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:36 am »

Hillary Clinton Gets Gored

This post seems to be relevant:
Besides, how often does "shock the establishment" work? Did it work in 2010? 2014?

We seem to be hitting a 16 year cycle.

Cycle 1:
In 1992 Bill Clinton, mainstream democrat was the savoir from republican rule
In 1996, He was boring
In 2000 Gore was an establishment sellout and we tanked the election to send a message
In 2004 Al Gore was an angel, too good for this corrupt world and John Kerry, running on a platform to the right of Al Gore was our savior from the forces of darkness.  The people will totally wake up after 4 years of GOP rule.

Cycle 2:
In 2008 Barack Obama, mainstream democrat was the savoir from republican rule
In 2012, He was boring
In 2016 Hill Clinton, is an establishment sellout and we should tank the election to send a message
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 06, 2016, 06:57:59 am »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: September 06, 2016, 07:34:41 am »

Hillary Clinton Gets Gored

Quote from: NYT article
Step back for a moment, and think about what that foundation is about. When Bill Clinton left office, he was a popular, globally respected figure. What should he have done with that reputation? Raising large sums for a charity that saves the lives of poor children sounds like a pretty reasonable, virtuous course of action. And the Clinton Foundation is, by all accounts, a big force for good in the world. For example, Charity Watch, an independent watchdog, gives it an “A” rating — better than the American Red Cross.
Hmm... I wonder how reliable these ratings are?

https://www.charitywatch.org/about-charitywatch
Give Thoughtfully

CharityWatch—founded more than 20 years ago as the American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP)—is America's most independent, assertive charity watchdog. CharityWatch does not merely repeat what a charity reports using simplistic or automated formulas. We dive deep to let you know how efficiently a charity will use your donation to fund the programs you want to support. CharityWatch exposes nonprofit abuses and advocates for your interests as a donor.

The Chronicle of Philanthropy published several of our triumphs in an in-depth profile of CharityWatch & our president Daniel Borochoff: An MBA's Sleuthing Skills Puts Charities on the Hot Seat.

https://medium.com/@ASterling/bill-clintons-300-million-birthday-gift-44c672e1468f
Supporters also tout the organization’s “A” rating from Chicago-based Charity Watchdog, aka “The American Institute for Philanthropy.” This organization has a budget of under $600,000 a year, and its five board members have not changed in at least a decade. Its founder Daniel Borochoff’s salary comprises about 30% of its current revenue. The methodology used by Charity Watchdog is extraordinarily simple and involves no analysis of program conduct, nature and impact, just adding up and dividing numbers from official tax returns. It is effective in detecting unsophisticated charity scammers who phone elderly people for donations, and then spend the money on themselves. Charity Watchdog itself is an organization worthy of some scrutiny as to its effectiveness and impact.
Sounds legit.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: September 06, 2016, 07:49:34 am »

Even if the judgement is simple and straightforward it's still sufficient to show the complaints are a load of shit.  This just goes back to Clinton rules again, bitching through vague negative adjectives.

You say that the ratings are flawed but what you specifically mean is that the ratings are using the overhead as a proxy for efficiency.  So if you want to complain that we can't call the foundation efficient then to be fair you should be saying that the foundation has low overhead.  People have been calling the Clinton foundation a political slush fund.  The fact that it is a low overhead organization shows that they are liars smearing a legitimate charity. (It shows the liars part.  The legitimate charity is shown with things like the people who received AIDS medicine).

It's the endless cycle of the Clinton rules.  People make ridiculous accusations to attack them, then shift the topic to a new accusation when challenged.  This way we get a wider and wider web of accusations.  At no point do you realize "Gee, if any of my past accusations were misdirected this daisy chain falls right apart".
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:55:38 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 1249