Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390472 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3645 on: September 03, 2016, 08:00:53 pm »

The NYTimes will give you an interactive graphic for the gun shops mass shooters got their guns at or the top five douchey walking paths through manhattan (my words, not theirs).  Just in case you wanted to know the specifics on those things.  But they wont give you a specific breakdown on the exact information that is causing this big stink.  Why?  They seem to care an awful lot seeing as it has shaped the entire tone of their political coverage for a year.  Why the fuck haven't they gotten down to the specifics?

I'm not being sarcastic here when I say I honestly can't figure this mystery out.  I am not so cynical that I would pass it off as stupidity or laziness or malice...

Or it could be that the press hasnt revealed the contents of the classified emails, because...they're still classified.

You're basing a lot of your argument off the stuff released through Wikileaks, for which there is no confirmation that those are in fact the emails in question.

Now please do me a favor, be polite and stop breaking forum rules about personal insults and bickering.

Which is all you have done because you have never cared about the facts.  Now I I dont give a shit about your ignorance anymore today.

::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 03, 2016, 08:08:11 pm »

Sorry, I should have said "I dont have any interest in hearing you repeat your opinion at this time. You might as well be completely ignorant of the details of the matter because you never include specifics ever.  Ispil said something actually interesting and I am interested in conversing with him not you."
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: September 03, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »

In my headcanon, mainiac and RedKing are a cute little old couple with like 40 years of marriage behind them, and they get bored with having already hashed out all their arguments years ago so they come on here, adopt their personas, and bitch at each other for fun.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 03, 2016, 10:13:22 pm »

In my headcanon, mainiac and RedKing are a cute little old couple with like 40 years of marriage behind them, and they get bored with having already hashed out all their arguments years ago so they come on here, adopt their personas, and bitch at each other for fun.

In my headcannon there was a glimmer of conversation (Ipsil actually brought up an original line of inquiry) so Redking had to make sure to make sure to hide it behind a wall of the same boring old fucking arguments.

I was talking about the media.  Then suddenly we are back to fucking email server again.  Yes I get it that people have such feels about email server but what about my fucking feels?  When are we going to talk about how the press just launched a multi month investigation into the Clinton foundation, found them squeeky clean and then called them guilty anyway?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 03, 2016, 10:21:29 pm »

In my headcanon I'm the shining savior of always winning bets on the internet, leading you degenerates from the darkness to a new age of calling it with the devil's own luck.

Also, I have like a twelve-foot long sword and a harem of genetically modified worshipers.

and people like try to shoot at me and i'm all "safety's on bitch" and it isn't but it distracts them so i like bite their throat out

cause like i'm a vampire but with no weaknesses so i'm basically a sex god

YEAH
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 03, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »

That is bullshit.  You cant just say stuff like that and not give specifics!  Who are you delivering these witty one liners to?  Is it face to face or in writing?  What are the genetic modifications of your harem?  Is the sword a katana or some sort of new age science fiction sword?  You cant just spout vague aspirations like this and expect me to take you seriously.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: September 03, 2016, 11:11:02 pm »

*Egan_BW forces the thread to the ground and injects some levity into its veins.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 03, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »

I'm still unreasonably amused at Stein aiming for Columbus and accidentally ending up in Cincinnati.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you drew a bullseye a couple hundred miles wide around Columbus and threw darts dropped tungsten telephone poles from orbit, you could hit Cincinnati and call it close enough, I mean, it wouldn't be like you'd be hitting the other well known city that starts with a C in Ohio, might make the state a bit more fit for human habitation too!

I don't blame her though, I've been through Ohio enough times to think nearly landing in a different state entirely is the best outcome of any trip there, but that just gives you a new problem: you're still in one of the states around Ohio, I mean, I lived in Louisville for a while, the countryside is beautiful in the fall, but the same can be said for many other places which aren't in Kentucky... but I digress, what were we talking about again?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: September 03, 2016, 11:36:58 pm »

I'm still unreasonably amused at Stein aiming for Columbus and accidentally ending up in Cincinnati.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you drew a bullseye a couple hundred miles wide around Columbus and threw darts dropped tungsten telephone poles from orbit, you could hit Cincinnati and call it close enough, I mean, it wouldn't be like you'd be hitting the other well known city that starts with a C in Ohio, might make the state a bit more fit for human habitation too!

I don't blame her though, I've been through Ohio enough times to think nearly landing in a different state entirely is the best outcome of any trip there, but that just gives you a new problem: you're still in one of the states around Ohio, I mean, I lived in Louisville for a while, the countryside is beautiful in the fall, but the same can be said for many other places which aren't in Kentucky... but I digress, what were we talking about again?
A couple of points.

First off, what is the origin of that, um, thing. Come on. You can't just drop that on us and call a day. It raises millions of questions.

#2, Ohio never struck me as a nice place to be, but I'm sure it has defenders (although even New Jersey has defenders...) and I don't honestly know much about it beyond some pre-civil war stuff, and the fact that it is essential in elections. It's actually also the home of the largest number of cities I can't identify by state (up until just now, I could not tell you anything about where Cincinnati was located).

III: Maybe she just picked up a plane headed to "Ohio" and figured that would be enough? Or maybe she confused the capital. What is the capital of Ohio again? Maybe she thought she was going to the capital of Ohio, and thought that Cincinnati is the capital (or visa versa, I don't actually know the capital).

Numbah Four. Why are you so upset? People confuse Serbia with Siberia too. And Austria and Australia. And Holland and the Netherlands.

Numero Cinco: Maybe no one bothered to tell her where. Why was she going there in the first place?

2x3 = I'm just doing this for the number gag. Hey, how bout them immigration speech by Trump? Huh? Huh? Opinions? Wherendoes Jill Stein stand on Immigration? I don't think I've ever heard her talk about it. Actually, tell me Mr. Johnson's position too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: September 04, 2016, 12:04:37 am »

a staffer apparently confused two C cities in ohio when booking her commercial flight, that's how
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: September 04, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

It's also terrible because Columbus is clearly superior to Cincinnati anyway.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: September 04, 2016, 12:52:06 am »

I honestly don't care about the emails nearly so much as Hillary's response when the FBI demanded she hand over the servers. She waited several months, during which time she deleted a ton of the emails and physically destroyed several of the servers, then she turned over what was left. And while she has admitted her mistake with the original email situation, she has never acknowledged any wrongdoing in her response to the FBI.

What if she became president, then a hurricane destroyed the homes of several thousands of people, and they asked for money to help recover. Hillary waits several months, then finally hands over half of the money the people needed, after putting some of it through a shredder. Apparently this is how we can expect Hillary to respond to crisis situations.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: September 04, 2016, 03:06:16 am »

No you see Hilary Clinton controls the FBI (Yes, this is what they believe)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: September 04, 2016, 04:03:40 am »

It's also terrible because Columbus is clearly superior to Cincinnati anyway.
Getting shot in the arm is superior to getting shot in the face too, unless you're in Ohio... and then any way out is worth considering.

More seriously, I went cross country in a big rig to see all sorts of different places, saw both oceans my first time in the same week! There are painfully beautiful parts of this country, and there are depressingly bland parts (I'm looking at you Iowansabraskotahoma) but I haven't felt such an overwhelming urge to leave before I find a bridge to jump off of since we had to linger around Dayton for a whole day due to an error with loading/delivery times and a pothole fucking up one of the suspension links as I recall. We were able to get that done in time to get loaded up and the fuck out of Ohio, and I am pretty sure I'm the first person who was happy to see "Welcome to Illinois" in ever. I could forgive it if it was just Dayton, and perhaps I judged the other towns harshly due to said experiences... but I doubt it. There's a reason Counting Crows is an overflowing fount of beautifully depressing songs, folks.

So like I said, aiming for the middle of Ohio and almost missing the state entirely? I like Stein a lot more for that bit of unintentional humor, but the vaccine and homeopathy stuff puts her way in the negative even if she wasn't trying to be taken seriously as a third party candidate in the US. Let's see if Trump can kill the GOP and we can talk about a different not!Dems party option maybe?

Oh, the picture was "Ohio gozaimasu!" apparently.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: September 04, 2016, 04:10:51 am »

To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with Cincinnati besides driving through it six or seven times (and getting lost at night twice, that was fun). That said, their light show bridges were really cool and a needed sight 7 hours into a 14 hour drive.

Columbus, however, I have actually spent a day in and it was really fun. It may just have been because of the cold suppressing everything, but the city didn't seem very trashy, which is what I hate most in cities (Orlando...).
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 1249