Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389788 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3540 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:04 am »

Donald Trump is going to negotiate with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto.  Soon Donald Trump announces his new deal: "Mexico will build the Wall and America will pay for it!"

I am surprised Trump can even step foot on Mexican soil without suffering from anaphylactic shock.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 31, 2016, 10:13:34 am »

His antipathy for the mexicans was always just a public persona, like his name and his pretending to be a billionaire*.

*well maybe, he's probably a real billionaire.  But maybe?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:03 am »

His antipathy for the mexicans was always just a public persona, like his name and his pretending to be a billionaire*.

*well maybe, he's probably a real billionaire.  But maybe?

It is hard to explain what kind of billionaire he is... because he technically doesn't have any money himself... But can use unlimited amounts of money due to his incredible speculative wealth.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 31, 2016, 10:48:18 am »

In the land of Pretend Money the pantsless man is emperor.
Love, scriver~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:20 am »

It is hard to explain what kind of billionaire he is... because he technically doesn't have any money himself... But can use unlimited amounts of money due to his incredible speculative wealth.

Every person has a lot less money than they don't have. The secret to riches is convincing people to let you buy things with the latter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 31, 2016, 10:51:15 am »

There is no wealth, only other's perception of wealth.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 31, 2016, 11:14:05 am »

This is one of the reasons the Tax Returns would be interesting. You know, Donald Trump once said he could get away with shooting someone on Fifth Avenue and he'd still have supporters. Makes you wonder what's in there that's worse than shooting someone on the Fifth avenue. I mean, it's probably "I'm not as rich as I say I am, and my ego cannot allow this to be known", but without actually being able to see, who knows...

Donald Trump is going to negotiate with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto.  Soon Donald Trump announces his new deal: "Mexico will build the Wall and America will pay for it!"
I bet if we offered to build a wall around Trump, Mexico really would pay for it!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 31, 2016, 11:18:47 am »

People forget that Trump isn't actually stupid; he's just an opportunist who refuses or is unable to admit when he's failed.

Just like Clinton isn't actually dishonest precisely, she's just a lawyer, and acts like one, and there's a reason the profession is mocked so much; legal technicalities don't feel like actual honesty. They feel like the letter of the law, rather than the spirit of it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 31, 2016, 11:56:35 am »

I am surprised Trump can even step foot on Mexican soil without suffering from anaphylactic shock.

He ate a lot of taco bell to prepare for this. It's a risk to his health and life, but a risk he must take. We can only hope the homepathic effects of doritos locos tacos and baja blast mountain dew will protect him. Next stop, an esports tournament.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 31, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »

Wait, there's a taco bell thing called "baja blast"? "Baja" is basically Swedish child language for shitting.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 31, 2016, 12:35:16 pm »

Actually, the Baja Blast thing is Mountain Dew. Although it was created specifically for Taco Bell (since PepsiCo owns both). I have yet to try it, because no soft drink should be teal.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 31, 2016, 12:55:35 pm »

Wait, there's a taco bell thing called "baja blast"? "Baja" is basically Swedish child language for shitting.
Look up Baja California.

It's a region.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 31, 2016, 12:59:13 pm »

Named after baja california, presumably. Home of tijuana, among other things. Not entirely sure I want to drink something from taco bell named after the place people come back from pregnant/with kids without remembering who the parent is. Maybe the other parent, maybe both, it's probably best to just not ask. Either way the marriage of taco bell and incidental impregnation is something you file alongside facehuggers and run screaming from calmly avoid.

Ninja'd somewhat, but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3553 on: August 31, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »

Baja means below.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 31, 2016, 01:07:32 pm »

Baja means below.
So the two etymologies concur -- it leads to a blast below.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 1249