Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389627 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3525 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:16 pm »

No, I don't think you get what type of cult leader Ibn talking about. There is a certain sort of charismatic person who can turn people into cultists. That's not necessarily religious in nature. If we are, in fact, holding a religious extremist in custody, it's not too far-fetched to believe we could get them into a different cult.

Still rather hit or miss, but with a much clearer indication of whether we have accurate data from them, at least. Still wouldn't be that ethical, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: August 30, 2016, 10:21:08 pm »

I just took it as "a cult leader knows the kind of psychological tricks that get people to submit their entire lives, therefore they'd be good at getting suspects to divulge information with those same tricks."

Nothing unethical about that, unless the would-be leader goes too far.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »

That's not really torture though, is it? It's another form of interrogation.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: August 30, 2016, 10:23:00 pm »

No, I don't think you get what type of cult leader Ibn talking about. There is a certain sort of charismatic person who can turn people into cultists. That's not necessarily religious in nature. If we are, in fact, holding a religious extremist in custody, it's not too far-fetched to believe we could get them into a different cult.

Still rather hit or miss, but with a much clearer indication of whether we have accurate data from them, at least. Still wouldn't be that ethical, though.
Are you seriously suggesting we try to convert radical Islamic terrorists to Scientology?

That might be the actual worst idea I've ever heard, and I've heard of Poststructuralism and Lyndon LaRarouche.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: August 30, 2016, 10:37:59 pm »

Are you seriously suggesting we try to convert radical Islamic terrorists to Scientology?

That might be the actual worst idea I've ever heard, and I've heard of Poststructuralism and Lyndon LaRarouche.
No.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: August 30, 2016, 10:46:23 pm »

Shares in CCA (Corrections Corporation of America, one of the major private jail companies) have fallen to ~$16.50 as of today; they were trading at $27 prior to the DoJ announcement.

It's true that individual state action is required to strangle their revenue, but a sustained lack of market confidence in their long-term viability could still help quite a bit on the road to that goal.
I wonder if that´ll mean half ration regime for the prisoners
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: August 30, 2016, 10:47:31 pm »

No.
Can You Even Call This A Mashup I Mean I Didn't Drown In My Own Blood Or Anything
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: August 30, 2016, 10:59:42 pm »

So apparently Trump is going on  a visit to Mexico, after receiving an invitation from the Mexican president.

I wonder if they´ll kill him to prevent being forced to pay for a certain wall.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3533 on: August 30, 2016, 11:29:01 pm »

I, for one, would finally breathe again if that happened.

beat

Damn Trump, making me into a soulbound vampire.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: August 30, 2016, 11:47:38 pm »

We have the best head vampires, just the greatest. These guys -and gals- are absolutely ancient powerhouses. They know how to make connections. They know how to infiltrate blood supply lines. They can do it all! I don't hire these new age kind of vampires, only the proven candidates. We're everywhere. The world trembles in fear. That's America. The freedom to drink blood, that's our oldest tradition, right? And it says in the Bible that God will bless us if we do.

But these kindred in Mexico, China, everywhere. They don't have those traditions. They think the blood should be distributed by the government. It's not right, folks. They're not sending us their elders. They're sending us shovelheads, cultists, thralls. And some of them, I assume, are good bloodsuckers.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: August 31, 2016, 01:57:06 am »

I, for one, would finally breathe again if that happened.

beat

Damn Trump, making me into a soulbound vampire.

Writing beat counters the entire purpose of the beat.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:36 am »

beat

no it doesn't

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: August 31, 2016, 05:24:10 am »

* scriver beats egan silly

Huh.

I guess you're right.
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: August 31, 2016, 07:08:13 am »

adadadadadadadadadadadadadad
haha can't hit me with this latency

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:48 am »

Donald Trump is going to negotiate with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto.  Soon Donald Trump announces his new deal: "Mexico will build the Wall and America will pay for it!"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1249