Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1391701 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3135 on: August 25, 2016, 02:55:12 pm »

You drop the hypocrisy first.  You've been the one resorting to personal attacks.  You've been the one posting snarky shit.  You lose the 'tude, then I will.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: August 25, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »

Stop acting like someone is kicking your dog, there are people who don't like Hillary, get over it.

Drop the ridiculous hypocrisy and say the same thing to Redking?

It's not exactly brave of you to pass judgement on people you disagree with, dude.
Why should he system the same to Redking? He isn't the one who's going into passive-aggressive mode the moment anyone says anything that even sounds like it's negative towards Clinton.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: August 25, 2016, 02:56:58 pm »

When people call Cameron a failure they are referring to a tangible outcome with clear results, the Brexit.  When they talk about Trump they are referring to the real policies he advocates.

Good point -- Trump is getting an unfair shake because he's being attacked for hypothetical failures of policies that haven't been enacted (or indeed, even properly detailed).

Seriously though....I think you're taking far too much umbrage at what was pretty obviously a joke about the Clinton Conspiracy mill.
Though we've had this line of argument ad nauseum and it's been the source of two thread lockages. So maybe best to just move on?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: August 25, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »

Same bullshit every time.  Someone says shitty things about Clinton, I call them out on it and people pile on.  ::)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:12 pm »

Same bullshit every time.  Someone says something I don't agree with, I post snarky passive-aggressive crap and people pile on.   >:(

Edit: You know the worst part about this go-round is that when you aren't posting on the subject of Clinton, I find you to have very solid insight and meaningful input on things.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:04:32 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: August 25, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

Same bullshit every time.  Someone says shitty things about Clinton, I call them out on it and people pile on.  ::)

And you call them out on it when it's shitty things about Trump? When it was Cruz? Rubio? Bush? Sanders? Stein? Johnson?

I get that impugning Mrs. Clinton's honor is your berserk button, and that's why I've taken to avoiding it. But you can't get on a moral high horse and call others hypocrites over it. The Ameripol thread has always been a panoply of unflattering caricatures of major political figures, as is the norm for discussion of politics, well....pretty much everywhere since the dawn of human society.

Now...I politely suggest we move on. Especially since the two of us were asked to not even show our faces in here to begin with.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: August 25, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

You imagine someone says something shitty about Clinton, respond strongly, and then act like you're the world's saltiest martyr.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: August 25, 2016, 03:06:32 pm »

[FLASHes Internally]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: August 25, 2016, 03:12:53 pm »

Looks like a good time to say shitty things about our candidate-in-white:
Quote from: someone on the Internet
- She has terrible foreign policy judgment and has never met a war she didn't like - she's practically a female John McCain. Further, her record as Secretary of State is decidedly unimpressive and in some aspects totally abhorrent (refer to supporting the 2009 coup in Honduras);
- Her long defence of her Iraq War vote is a huge black mark against her. Again, bad judgment;
- She has said single payer health care will 'never, ever come to pass', which is an unacceptable capitulation to the worst aspects of America's public health debacle. America's healthcare system still sucks even with Obamacare, and this state of affairs should not be allowed to continue;
- She's unprincipled and opportunistic on some of the easiest moral/ethical questions there are - refer to her gay marriage stance, which only changed when public opinion did. And when called out on it, she refused to admit it; and
- This leads to her trustworthiness. She's a depressingly conventional politician in that regard and is given to bouts of dishonesty, like refusing to admit she 'evolved' on gay marriage (she totally did) or stupid lies like saying she was under sniper fire in Bosnia (she totally wasn't).
I mean, we can't just cite Trump all day 24/7, we have to adhere to the principle of equality, right?
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: August 25, 2016, 03:16:37 pm »

Redking I didn't imagine anything. You said bullshit. You just called  Clinton and Merkel the same as actual scumbags.

The thing about other candidates is y'all don't give them this level of unfounded bullshit usually. Occasionally you do and I do protest if I am checking the forum at that time. Have you not noticed my contdarian wet towel nature?

Sergarr if you think she has never seen a war she doesn't like then I ask you to read the senate speech she gave during the Iraq war vote.  There was no liking there.

If you don't like her giving an honest assessment of political reality why the fuck do you go and complain she is dishonest?

Clinton is a very honest politician. People are just bad at telling the difference between shitty politician and corruption.  You don't need to find corruption just find something else to investigate. So sadly predictable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:21:25 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: August 25, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »

Please provide any evidence that I said these people were all the same, other than that they are all public political figures that get lambasted regularly (WHICH WAS MY WHOLE FUCKING POINT). Or indeed, that I said anything about the character of the people in that list. (Granted, I've been pretty public in my dislike for Farage, but I've never had a real axe to grind with Cameron). I included Cameron on the list because people will casually refer to him as a pig-fucker, for instance.

You have a pet peeve about people reading shit into your words, well now you're doing the same thing.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:22:29 pm by RedKing »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: August 25, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »

Oh the justification for treating them the same is that they are different?

Oh but I have such thin skin unlike you redking.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: August 25, 2016, 03:23:11 pm »

Jesus wept. >_<

You're not even trying to understand.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: August 25, 2016, 03:24:50 pm »

But RedKing, all those people are actually worthy of harsh criticism and ridicule, unlike and indeed in stark contrast to [preferred political candidate]! Don't you see?

Granted, I do in fact believe something like that, but cognitive biases aren't something you escape from simply by knowing that exist. A lot easier to see harsh criticism or attacks on your candidate than someone else's, simply because it's more relevant to you.

When people call Cameron a failure they are referring to a tangible outcome with clear results, the Brexit.  When they talk about Trump they are referring to the real policies he advocates.
Clinton hasn't exactly been inactive in politics.

And you really are basically just confirming my point, which is that it's always easier to criticize the opposition and think it's fair, as compared to your candidate, for whom being compared to gila lizards is harsh and unfair and such a terrible thing for the Nazi Party which is your opposition to do. You know, with Trump being LITERALLY FIGURATIVELY HITLER, GUYS, and all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: August 25, 2016, 03:25:20 pm »

Jesus wept. >_<

You're not even trying to understand.
That was evident about ten iterations of this argument ago.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1249