Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387538 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #585 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:11 am »

It is terrifying.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 20, 2016, 09:39:34 am »

^Hey, that's a full time job.
>that luxembourg at the end

Nope. Don't greentext.
You can't tell me what to do, YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 20, 2016, 09:40:53 am »

It is terrifying.

That is beautiful.  Where is it from?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 20, 2016, 09:41:05 am »

Where does that comes from?

Edit: I've always been of the opinion that a country benefits from separating the head of state and the head of government, either with a monarch or a ceremonial president like Germany.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:12 am »

Well the US has a split head of government role.  It's supposed to be the speaker of the house sets government policy and the president is the executive in charge of implementing it.  That plan fell almost immediately because it made very little sense but we did have a run of low activity presidents in the late 19th and early 20th century when the president and speaker were mostly on the same page.  But as soon as they are butting heads, that is going to go out the window.  The Vice President absolutely isn't supposed to be running the government.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:17 am »

But he's the Decider!
Okay only for ties...
And I guess he can break tied votes too :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 20, 2016, 10:13:29 am »

So I've been avoiding GD so as to not get in a flamewar and get banned, but --

Has anyone seen this? It was published at the end of last month. (I tried going back a few pages, but you guys post so often that I only got back to yesterday)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/why-the-new-child-rape-ca_b_10619944.html
An anonymous “Jane Doe” filed a federal lawsuit against GOP presumptive nominee Donald Trump last week, accusing him of raping her in 1994 when she was thirteen years old. The mainstream media ignored the filing.

If the Bill Cosby case has taught us anything, it is to not disregard rape cases against famous men. Serious journalists have publicly apologized for turning a blind eye to the Cosby accusers for over a decade, notwithstanding the large number of women who had come forward with credible claims. And now history is repeating itself.

In covering a story, a media outlet is not finding guilt. It is simply reporting the news that a lawsuit has been filed against Mr. Trump, and ideally putting the complaint in context. Unproven allegations are just that - unproven, and should be identified that way. (Mr. Trump’s lawyer says the charges are “categorically untrue, completely fabricated and politically motivated.”) Proof comes later, at trial. But the November election will come well before any trial. And while Mr. Trump is presumed innocent, we are permitted - no, we are obligated — to analyze the case’s viability now.

No outsider can say whether Mr. Trump is innocent or guilty of these new rape charges. But we can look at his record, analyze the court filings here, and make a determination as to credibility - whether the allegations are believable enough for us to take them seriously and investigate them, keeping in mind his denial and reporting new facts as they develop.

I have done that. And the answer is a clear “yes.” These allegations are credible. They ought not be ignored. Mainstream media, I’m looking at you.

It's a detailed article, she's done a lot of research for it. Well worth reading.

Section titles:
1. Consider the Context: Mr. Trump’s Overt, Even Proud Misogyny
2. More context: two prior sexual assault court claims have been made against Mr. Trump
3. The new Jane Doe child rape claim against Mr. Trump is consistent with verifiable facts about Mr. Trump and his friend Jeffrey Epstein, and has a powerful witness statement attached to it.

Considering how much news I read, I was surprised and disturbed that today is the first time I've heard about this*. The case was originally filed in April without a lawyer, dismissed for "technical filing errors," and then re-filed with a lawyer's assistance on 6/20.

* I heard about it on twitter
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:38 am »

• Jane Doe
  • Lawsuit
  • 22 years ago

M'kay.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 20, 2016, 10:17:48 am »

• Jane Doe
  • Lawsuit
  • 22 years ago

M'kay.

On the fourth incident, she says Mr. Trump tied her to a bed and forcibly raped her, in a “savage sexual attack,” while she pleaded with him to stop. She says Mr. Trump violently struck her in the face. She says that afterward, if she ever revealed what he had done, Mr. Trump threatened that she and her family would be “physically harmed if not killed.” She says she has been in fear of him ever since.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 20, 2016, 10:18:55 am »

• Jane Doe
  • Lawsuit
  • 22 years ago

M'kay.

So in other words it's like the vast majority of child rape allegations which are substantiated.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 20, 2016, 10:20:01 am »

tfw huffpost
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 20, 2016, 10:23:00 am »

the huffing paint yes.

• Jane Doe
  • Lawsuit
  • 22 years ago

M'kay.

So in other words it's like the vast majority of child rape allegations which are substantiated.
Exactly!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
A
« Reply #597 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:38 am »

Are most of them filed anonymously?

Also, WTF with the five-years statute of limitation? I mean, I'm all for statute of limitation, but you should at least give the time to your child rape survivor to grow to adulthood before they sue.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:40 am »

Exactly!

What a sad and pathetic display of subject changing.

You accused a possible child rape victim of lying because she didn't want to expose her name to people like... well you.  The advocates of these people walk over eggshells to be as even handed as possible and you immediately leap to blame anyway.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:28:12 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 20, 2016, 10:27:52 am »

I'm no fan of Trump, but the timing of this smells disgusting.  And I don't see how it's ever supposed to be proven, even by the weird standards of rape cases.  Unless his misogyny is "evidence" enough (it's certainly enough for trial-by-media).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1249