Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of RPG should I run?

A standard Adventuring Party setup in a High-Fantasy Surreal Stone-Age World with no Metals
- 1 (4%)
The Party is made up of Monster Hunters in a High-Fantasy Urban-World with Modern Technology, but No Modern Weapons
- 2 (8%)
An Evil Monster Campaign in a standard High-Fantasy Medieval World
- 9 (36%)
A standard Adventuring Party setup in a World made up of Floating Islands, probably with Steam-Punk, or Dungeon-Punk elements
- 3 (12%)
A Combination of Option #3 and Option #4
- 10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'm thinking of running an Unconventional Fantasy RPG, (Interest Check/Poll)  (Read 3912 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Wait, what does #3 actually mean? Is the party a group of evil monsters in a high fantasy setting? Or is there a monster out there possibly more monsterous and morally corrupt than a party of Dwarf Fortress players? Is that even possible?
Gonna Sig this if you don't mind.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Go ahead :)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, what does #3 actually mean? Is the party a group of evil monsters in a high fantasy setting? Or is there a monster out there possibly more monsterous and morally corrupt than a party of Dwarf Fortress players? Is that even possible?

The thought both horrifies and excites me. But, option #3 would be about a Party of Monsters, that are typically depicted as Evil, attempting to survive and adventure across the World. They may or may not actually be Evil, but they'd have a hard time convincing most People.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:42:49 pm by Ardent Debater »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Oh god, not another "totally not drizzt copycats I swear!"-style campaing.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god, not another "totally not drizzt copycats I swear!"-style campaing.

No! Armok-Forbid, anything but that! I'll be trying my hardest to avoid cliches in the RPG.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thought both horrifies and excites me. But, option #3 would be about a Party of Monsters, that are typically depicted as Evil, attempting to survive and adventure across the World. They may or may not actually be Evil, but they'd have a hard time convincing most People.

Note: If I end up doing the Monster Campaign, I'd prefer that at least the Majority of the Party are Evil, or at least Neutral.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Yeah, definitely not a problem there in THIS forum of all places. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note: If I end up doing the Monster Campaign, I'd prefer that at least the Majority of the Party are Evil, or at least Neutral.
Why not blue and orange morality?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not blue and orange morality?

That's also an entirely valid option, just anything but being out and out Good.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

5. I want my steam punk, just make sure you don't just glue some gears on it and call it steampunk, or else.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

I Would be Interested in the Third or forth option, but would likely avoid the rest, PTW otherwise.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everybody, This Thread isn't dead, I've just been having Computer Issues. I'll start a Game Thread Tomorrow, if the Tie between the Floating Islands, and the Monster Campaign hasn't been broken, I'll combine the two, if you want the combination, say so in the Thread. Thank you for your patience.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I already said so, but I'm repeating the fact just for sake of easier counting.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I want a combination
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

Always wanted to try out a dnd-esque rpg. Sign me in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3