Poll

We need to stop getting salty.

Yes.
- 9 (90%)
Yes.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: The 'Please Don't Make Me Lock This' Ameripol Thread 2.0  (Read 8965 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: The 'Please Don't Make Me Lock This' Ameripol Thread 2.0
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2016, 11:37:06 am »

Why are people going "See, she's not a criminal, only really bad at her job" like its a good thing?

Literally find me a single example of anyone ever saying they approve of her being bad at her job.

If you think that other people have an absurd view, you probably dont understand their view.  Clinton was a secretary of state who oversaw the rehabilitation of the US after years of horrible diplomacy.  She was very good at her job.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2016, 11:48:40 am »

Dammit you people, CALM DOWN.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:01 am »

Dammit you people, CALM DOWN.
I actually thought we were being remarkably chill.  ???

Why are people going "See, she's not a criminal, only really bad at her job" like its a good thing?

Literally find me a single example of anyone ever saying they approve of her being bad at her job.

If you think that other people have an absurd view, you probably dont understand their view.  Clinton was a secretary of state who oversaw the rehabilitation of the US after years of horrible diplomacy.  She was very good at her job.
Kissinger was a good SoS too. Doesn't mean I'd vote for him, or that he's anything other than a son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:54:40 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2016, 11:59:54 am »

... just to be sure RK, you're not actually trying insinuate that somewhat shoddy IT security is in any way equivalent to the shit Kissinger got up to, right?

E: Though just to clarify, I don't think you were... but you have worked IT, iirc, so... you might have.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:24:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2016, 12:00:51 pm »

It's on par with George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. "Well, we know you were armed and he wasn't, we know you initiated the altercation despite being told by a 911 dispatcher to stand down, we know you've made racist statements.....but we don't see any reason to find you guilty."

"Extremely careless but not indicted" isn't a great bumper sticker.
-We know Trayvon was on top of him smashing Zim's head into the pavement
-We know Zim did stand down and wait for police to arrive when Trayvon turned back to approach Zim
-We know Zim didn't make racist statements because those were edited by NBC in an "error" in which they "will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers."
TOP KEK
That's not including when NBC edited in him saying fucking coons
NBC fired the editors 10/10

"But OW", they ask me, "how can you be opposed to national sovereignty?"

"This is why," I respond, pointing to Planet Earth, "and so we need to replace all the nations with a single team of unelected bureaucrats. Nothing could possibly go wrong."
* Loud Whispers oscillates like a Japanese honeybee when approached by hornets

I'm sorry, is the EU trying to arrest Cameron?  I'll sign a petition to oppose that if it's the case.
Their unit has served them faithfully, they would not arrest him for good loyalty

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2016, 12:02:13 pm »

^^

Kissinger was a good SoS too. Doesn't mean I'd vote for him, or that he's anything other than a son of a bitch.

Well if you are into detente with China and bombing cambodia, does it really matter if he was a son of a bitch?  He is considered a son of a bitch for his foreign policy which you seem to like.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »

^^

Well if you are into detente with China and bombing cambodia, does it really matter if he was a son of a bitch?  He is considered a son of a bitch for his foreign policy which you seem to like.
Detente with China was a sound strategic move, and profoundly changed the geopolitical landscape vis-a-vis the Soviet Union.
Cambodia would be part of the "son of a bitch" portion I was talking about.

Also, LW shouldn't you be busy telling Poles to go fuck themselves or something?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:14 pm »

Sorry, what was the point of the Kissenger thing?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:17 pm »

Also, LW shouldn't you be busy telling Poles to go fuck themselves or something?
No, Poles deserve utmost politeness

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2016, 12:37:14 pm »

All I got from Comey's speech was "this is rly srs guyse if anyone else did this shit would go down but its hillary so it isn't lol".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2016, 12:38:27 pm »

All I got from Comey's speech was "this is rly srs guyse if anyone else did this shit would go down but its hillary so it isn't lol".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case"

It seems what you got was what you wanted to hear, not what was actually said.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »

110 emails with classified info leaked by the secretary of state into a non government controlled server.

The goddamn then secretary of state was (at the very least) "extremely careless", but this is somehow totally not a serious issue, have fun running for president of the US.

"No reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case", rofl.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2016, 12:44:34 pm »

"No reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case", rofl.

So in other word, you think it's absurd that an expert who has gone over these facts closely would know more then you.

It's not surprising you would think that as you believe false information.  (Read the post closely and try to find it!)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:46:56 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2016, 12:54:11 pm »

Hey, by these standards, I could easily become secretary of state and send nudes to putin's computer and everything would be A-OK :v

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2016, 12:56:31 pm »

Hey, by these standards, I could easily become secretary of state and send nudes to putin's computer and everything would be A-OK :v

Sure, just toss in a name that automatically allows you to open doors for US diplomatic efforts worldwide and a proven commitment to administration foreign policy objectives.

BTW, the mistake you made was in saying "leak".  A leak of over 100 classified documents would be a very serious matter and certainly would have lead to an indictment.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12