Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58791 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2016, 09:57:44 pm »

Man, my free time is just getting damn murdered. Extend, please.
I don't see any reason to do this other than for the lulz.
extend it for them!

You know you're not making any friends with comments like that? Extend, seein' as how I'll be busy for at least the entirety of tomorrow morning.
I thought the objective of the game was to figure out who was scum/3rd party and eliminate them before they killed everyone themselves, not make friends.
Meh, what do I know.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2016, 10:23:23 pm »

Extend
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2016, 10:24:51 pm »

extend
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2016, 11:49:05 pm »

extend

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:24 am »

Extend
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2016, 08:21:48 am »

meep ._. stress/busy lately. Will be posting more tomorrow [9:17pm as time of posting]

extend!

I thought the objective of the game was to figure out who was scum/3rd party and eliminate them before they killed everyone themselves, not make friends.
Meh, what do I know.
My opinion towards you is you may be a bit new to some concepts, however I also have an opinion that you're heavily against 3rd parties and the mafia team for some reason (@former).
Do you think all 3rd parties are detrimental/are capable of being detrimental, just because most of them are non-town aligned? (ie Sans town-ally types) Could we know your stance towards 3rd parties?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2016, 08:34:51 am »

meep ._. stress/busy lately. Will be posting more tomorrow [9:17pm as time of posting]

extend!

Meh, what do I know.
My opinion towards you is you may be a bit new to some concepts, however I also have an opinion that you're heavily against 3rd parties and the mafia team for some reason (@former).
Do you think all 3rd parties are detrimental/are capable of being detrimental, just because most of them are non-town aligned? (ie Sans town-ally types) Could we know your stance towards 3rd parties?
Third parties are a mixed bag, though they tend to favor scum in some aspects.
SKs, WWs, and Arsonists obviously have it out for everyone most times, and while some of them are less than subtle (mainly due to being listed as a known threat) the truly insidious ones wait until half of town or more is dead.
Then we got roles that win if they can cause town to lose or in some way hinder town, Jesters, Executioners(my most hated enemy) Judges, Witches, etc.

Finally, we have roles which are simultaneously a detriment to town (because they copy themselves onto their victim, erasing previous abilities) and a detriment to Themselves because of their abilitiy usage while other threats are still active. Vampires, cultists (in certain iterations) Goo monsters, etc.

Rarely are neutral parties "Good", or at the very least harmless. Survivors and Amnesiacs Can help town, but at the same time will often favor mafia if town gets to the point where a victory is unlikely.

All in all, third parties are bad unless the 3rd party actively proves they are helping town.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2016, 08:37:16 am »

Not to mention sometimes being a better fakeclaim for mafia.

And sure, Extend. Extra time to talk can't make things worse. Probably.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:19 am »

extend it for them!

You know you're not making any friends with comments like that? Extend, seein' as how I'll be busy for at least the entirety of tomorrow morning.
Meh, what do I know.

Indeed.

You said you didn't see any point in extending beyond lulz. People could misinterpret that as you wanting to keep discussion to a minimum, which would more 'n likely make you non-town.

Perhaps that is why you constantly bring up third-parties.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2016, 08:48:38 am »

extend it for them!

Meh, what do I know.

Indeed.

You said you didn't see any point in extending beyond lulz. People could misinterpret that as you wanting to keep discussion to a minimum, which would more 'n likely make you non-town.

Perhaps that is why you constantly bring up third-parties.
I would like to point out that it is the first day, which means we have no evidence to go on. Everyone is still alive (Except griffinpup, who has seemingly turned into a forum phantom), There is minimal information involving roles aside from known softclaims, and we have no way of picking out true suspects until the first night begins.

As for my hatred of 3rd parties, I am extremely paranoid about them for reasons listed in my previous post. They're essentially hidden scum with a agenda of their own, assuming that we even know the number of scum present initially.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2016, 08:52:29 am »

SKs, WWs, and Arsonists obviously have it out for everyone most times, and while some of them are less than subtle (mainly due to being listed as a known threat) the truly insidious ones wait until half of town or more is dead.
Then we got roles that win if they can cause town to lose or in some way hinder town, Jesters, Executioners(my most hated enemy) Judges, Witches, etc.

Finally, we have roles which are simultaneously a detriment to town (because they copy themselves onto their victim, erasing previous abilities) and a detriment to Themselves because of their abilitiy usage while other threats are still active. Vampires, cultists (in certain iterations) Goo monsters, etc.

Rarely are neutral parties "Good", or at the very least harmless. Survivors and Amnesiacs Can help town, but at the same time will often favor mafia if town gets to the point where a victory is unlikely.

All in all, third parties are bad unless the 3rd party actively proves they are helping town.
What if I told you I was a third-party in particular, albeit with a non-detrimental wincon in contrast to town (eg Survivor-type), how would you react? :v

It seems more like that you've had much experience with people playing solely towards a rigid role rather than towards the potential they can use as 3rd parties there, as an aside, and this is seeping through your words.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2016, 08:57:57 am »

I would like to point out that it is the first day, which means we have no evidence to go on. Everyone is still alive (Except griffinpup, who has seemingly turned into a forum phantom), There is minimal information involving roles aside from known softclaims, and we have no way of picking out true suspects until the first night begins.

As for my hatred of 3rd parties, I am extremely paranoid about them for reasons listed in my previous post. They're essentially hidden scum with a agenda of their own, assuming that we even know the number of scum present initially.

There are more than likely two scum, but even then, it's a bastard game in which we know the roles are going to change based on unknown information. Just because someone turns up town today doesn't mean they'll be town tomorrow.

For someone who has been complaining about having no evidence, you haven't done a great job of trying to uncover any so far.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2016, 09:07:42 am »

What if I told you I was a third-party in particular, albeit with a non-detrimental wincon in contrast to town (eg Survivor-type), how would you react? :v

It seems more like that you've had much experience with people playing solely towards a rigid role rather than towards the potential they can use as 3rd parties there, as an aside, and this is seeping through your words.
Most likely I would ask for some investigative role to confirm this, or if things are getting desperate due to other parties or a rising mafia majority with no investigative roles, I may go for a lynch.

I am used to playing a semi-random role list with listed possibilities. The role list is known to all players, and the possible roles that may spawn from the random roles are listed as well.
This means that while the timeframe to figure out who is scum and who is not is much smaller, so is the possibility of someone evading detection for more than a few days unless there are no investigatives or strong killing/support roles that can double as such, like the mayor or jailor.

There are more than likely two scum, but even then, it's a bastard game in which we know the roles are going to change based on unknown information. Just because someone turns up town today doesn't mean they'll be town tomorrow.

For someone who has been complaining about having no evidence, you haven't done a great job of trying to uncover any so far.
That's because I don't know what to ask or who to ask quite yet. I don't have a list of roles that could be ingame, I don't have a solid idea of how many people are town, and I don't have the slightest clue on who should be trusted. That said hector, you have been focusing down two people without asking the rest anything in quite a while. Why not go ask some other players some questions so that you don't seem quite so much of a hypocrite? 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:00 am »

Three people. You, TBF and FoU. Which is three more people than you've pressured. There are also 10 other players in the game, including you. I've also had a potentially life-altering thing to prepare for today, hence the silence over the weekend. If you're expecting everyone else to put pressure on other people while you slide along with "I don't know what to do 'cause no info" you can expect my vote.

You know your role, and also that there are (likely) 2 concrete scum roles, and possibly a soft 4th role if what you were saying about 3rd party roles making you impotent or whatever is true (PFP and in a car, so bugger looking for the quote) which is more than 1/3 of the players. As you say, it's D1. It's a starting point, otherwise the game would be much less interesting.

You're not going to know anybody's role for sure unless you're an investigator or when they flip - in which case it doesn't matter, 'cause they're dead - so wishing that were the case while doing nothing to try to get a grasp of what they might be is pointless, and makes you look scummy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2016, 10:14:56 am »

EBWOP

It is also quite unhelpful to the rest of the town at large. Crap information is better than no information.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31