Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]  (Read 5241 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2016, 06:27:49 pm »

Grab the longsword out of my pikeman for personal use. Never know when one will come in handy.

"Eh, let's talk to the guy first. Besides, you can't even animate something that big, you old soul-glutton you," Skullmo tells his good buddy Skeletus.

Also, is there an exit from this chamber that would theoretically fit this giant creature?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:57:37 am by Harry Baldman »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 06:32:59 pm »

"Perhaps not alone, no, but I'm curious to see if we could pool our power and produce greater results." The skeleton's eyelights flickered as he looked at the chained beast on the platform. "Besides, that creature seems about as trustworthy as a drunken priest in a whorehouse."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »

"Some of my best life lessons have been delivered by drunken priests at whorehouses, so let's let Marrow have a turn with the thing anyway."

Skullmo looks awkward for a moment.

"By the way, where'd your face go, Skeletus? Was it missing before you died or is that a new development? I've been meaning to ask."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 06:50:19 pm »

The necromancer shrugged with a rattle of bones.

"Probably around the time I became a walking skeleton, but damned if I recall when it actually happened. Sometime before we died-died and were resurrected, I imagine. I could ask you the same, but I'm guessing you've been bare bones for a while, considering the name."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2016, 07:12:42 pm »

"Oddly enough, I actually agree with one of you. This creature does not seem to be of the Light and as such I would not trust a word out of it's mouth, let us end this thing's miserable existence and carry on."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:16:48 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »

"Probably around the time I became a walking skeleton, but damned if I recall when it actually happened. Sometime before we died-died and were resurrected, I imagine. I could ask you the same, but I'm guessing you've been bare bones for a while, considering the name."

Skullmo checks himself, rattling a little as he notices the problem.

"What? Crap! How'd I miss that?"

He feels up his lack of a face.

"My face! I invested a lot of souls into that!"

He becomes quite sullen after a few moments of crumbling disbelief.

"I've got to get me a new one of... well, everything, I guess."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 07:23:41 pm »

"Personally I'd just like to have some clothes that aren't almost as skeletal in threadcount as I am in flesh. It's not seemly to have my bones showing like this.

A new staff would be rather pleasant, too. This one would snap like a twig."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]: Turn 4.1
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2016, 09:50:21 am »

"Who else votes we bolt that creature to death, then animate what remains?"

The creature laughs before looking down at the myriad of spears jammed through its chest,

"If this isn't killing me how exactly do you plan to finish me off? There are more seals and restrictions placed on me than the four off you would be able to create in a hundred years let alone break enough to attack me and that's assuming one of you can manage to find an attack that can kill me."

As the four of listen you can faintly feel a sense of ... calm being forced upon you and despite knowing its happening you can't seem to fight off the feeling.

Marrow draws somewhat nearer the creature. "Hail, I am Marrow. These two fellows are my friends, Skeletus and Skullmo, and this man goes of the name Reynaut. We have recently returned to life through unknown means. What is this forge and soulfires you speak of?"

"Ah, yes. I do seem to let things slip past my mind after these many years, I had forgotten that the four of you were likely returned to life, or undeath in some of your cases, without most of the memories you once had. Quite a poor downside considering their original purpose ...

Oh, forgive me for ignoring your questions there, I got lost in my own thoughts. The Forges are, to put it in simple terms, an artifact of the Light that was made long ago before the Great Lords had conquered the known world in the name of the Light. They were originally created as a single creation whose purpose was to allow mankind to resurrect the being chosen as the Avatar of Light in the Age of Night, but after being found by the Great Lords they split it into four in the hopes of using it to revive any of their rank that fell in the wars to unify the world. It's quite a plain history if you ask me, there are so many interesting items with far more entertaining tales to them like Vranson's Axe or the Black Raiment of Mikal.

Anyway you also wanted to know what Soulfire is, which is a good question to ask considering how important it is to three of your group. Soulfire is an existence that comes into being when Dark Mages use their magic to severe their mortality causing their souls to turn into a flame that burns within them, as long as the flame burns you will continue to exist. Of course, the Soulfire needs fuel much the same way a normal fire needs wood to continue existing and thus you must consume the souls of other beings to stoke the fire inside of you.

Of course those two answers can be considered a gift, if you want to learn more from me I'll have to ask that you pay me in those crystals you earned from Veshlek's servants. For the right amount of those I can teach you many things. Spells, methods to refine your skeletal frames, ways to use the Favor of the Light, and more."

As the creature finishes it looks up and grins at your party.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2016, 11:47:54 am »

"You're a pretty convenient sort of monster guy, huh."

Scout out the rest of the room while muttering and pondering where this monster guy might be from. Don't forget the sword.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:20 pm »

"How can a creature such as yourself possibly know how to use Favor? For that matter, how do you know so much anyway about this place and it's artifacts anyways?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »

"How can a creature such as yourself possibly know how to use Favor? For that matter, how do you know so much anyway about this place and it's artifacts anyways?"

"Hey, come over here, dude. I think it's time for a minor team huddle, yeah?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »

Marrow ignored the mutterings of his fellows. There were deals to be made here and, as always, he would have to step up first.
"Chatty, aren't you? Very well, I'll play your game. I have with me two crystal orbs. What might I obtain, were they to be submitted?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »

"Hey, come over here, dude. I think it's time for a minor team huddle, yeah?"

Reynaut glares at Skullmo for a moment and begins to walk towards him.
"What do you want?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2016, 04:01:38 pm »

Reynaut glares at Skullmo for a moment and begins to walk towards him.
"What do you want?"

Skullmo keeps gesturing for him to come closer with as much friendliness and good humor as a skeleton can possibly project, whispering through his teeth when he's close enough to minimize chances of being overheard.

"Don't give the guy any orbs. You don't know what else they could be used for, what exactly he wants them for, you don't have a way of checking if he's telling the truth, it's more than likely you can find all the important shit out for yourself and he pretty clearly has some kind of angle here. Way too smug to not have one. Best to check any other paths, maybe come back to him later if we can't manage anything better. Shopping around is always a good idea. Until then, maybe let's not linger here, eh?"

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 04:19:55 pm »

"Don't give the guy any orbs. You don't know what else they could be used for, what exactly he wants them for, you don't have a way of checking if he's telling the truth, it's more than likely you can find all the important shit out for yourself and he pretty clearly has some kind of angle here. Way too smug to not have one. Best to check any other paths, maybe come back to him later if we can't manage anything better. Shopping around is always a good idea. Until then, maybe let's not linger here, eh?"
"Fine, we won't give it anything but I still want to find out what it knows about the Light. It may aide us in our survival."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5