Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]  (Read 5250 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »

Reynaut sighs. "This is going to be a long journey."

Bless the mace and get ready to defend against the black masses.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 01:05:09 pm »

Skeleton One! Fight alongside Reynault! Beat up an ooze that tries to fight him or worse, charge toward us!

And if there's an ooze in a bad enough shape from the works of my compatriots and skeleton, why, that's likely another perfectly good soul for me to devour, no?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 05:35:08 pm »

"Hmm."

Bolt a different mass.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Marrow
With a thought black flames begin to shroud your left hand as you hold it out, palm open, in the direction of the heavily damaged ooze before you begin to slowly make a fist causing the flames to jump as if excited about something. As your skeletal fist closes the hall fills with a sound akin to a small child shrieking before the damage blob collapses causing its oil like slime to splatter all over the floor along with its previously looted equipment. Feeling your mana restored somewhat you quickly launch into crafting another spell as you set to work animating a skeleton in the midst of the incoming hostile masses, and as you finish the spell a crudely armored skeleton stirs to life.

Before any of the oozes can react the skeleton lurches to its feet, clasping its broken sword in hand as it stabs straight into the center of one of your foes with a force seemingly at odds with the weak skeletal frame. Much to your surprise the ooze collapses at the blow and as the sludge splashes to the floor you see another crystalline core lying in the midst of it though this one is heavily chipped, seemingly struck by the skeletal warrior.

Skeletus
While your allies go about resurrecting the dead, peforming 'blessings', and what not you turn to the most trustworthy method of dealing with your foes. Tossing shards of negative energy at the problem till it ceases to be a problem. It takes only moments for your spell to finish and you watch as it strikes into the center of one of the oozes causing the thing to shiver as it tries its best to cover its now exposed core while still rushing at the skeleton raised by Marrow.

Reynaut
In preparation for the fight to come you begin to channel the strength of the Light as a pale yellow light covers your hand which you begin to move above your mace that is readily clutched in your other hand.

"The Light named man its sword, and thus they struck into the darkness."

When your words come to an end the mace clutched in your hand suddenly flairs up with a divine golden light that gives you a sense of hope, and with your now blessed weapon in hand you charge towards the remaining slimes with a weaponless skeleton at your side. Thankfully the creatures are slow so when you reach the nearest one your mace easily finds its target and your aim is perfect as you smash through the center shattering the core of it with ease. Shortly after you smash the core you feel a foreign energy separate from the Favor of the Light enter you though strangely enough it doesn't seem to hold any intention of harming you.

Skullmo
You let your skeleton charge at the lone uninjured ooze as you work your magic on the heavily injured one quickly causing another screeching cry of a small child to fill the vast tunnel. As the cry ends you feel a small amount of mana return to you.

Meanwhile your unarmed, valiant, and loyal skeleton crashes into the remaining ooze with its arms swinging rapidly. Most of you stand and watch in a bit of shock as the little fellow beats the oily mass to death with his bare skeleton hands, sending sludge flying everywhere with each blow he lands.

Spoiler: Skeleton One(?) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marrow (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Soldier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reynaut (Yottawhat) (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Black Mass #1 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #2 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #3 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #4 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #5 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #6 (Dead) (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 09:20:08 am »

"I think you'll find that slime's soul should have been mine."
Skeletus frowned as well as someone with no facial muscles could at Skullmo.

"Well, regardless, we should look for anything useful."

Look for anything useful among the corpses.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:28:06 am by GiglameshDespair »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2016, 09:45:12 am »

"Mmm. Nice job, all. Take whatever loot you wish. Be quick, our trials will not end here."

Investigate whatever reamins of the two oozes I killed, take the cores, then walk to the next area with my skeleton scouting a tad ahead.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2016, 09:58:38 am »

"I think you'll find that slime's soul should have been mine."
Skeletus frowned as well as someone with no facial muscles could at Skullmo.

"It's more efficient like this, dude. One sets them up and the other snatches the soul. Dark fighting group tactics, man. You either shoot or you grab a soul. The ol' self-sustaining wall of darkbolts trick. Not to be confused with the self-sustaining wall of darkbolts spell," Skullmo relates, recalling his exhaustive training vaguely.

Help with the looting, send my skeleton to guard Marrow's own skeleton while I look for another nice one to raise.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2016, 10:13:43 am »

"What were those creatures? I saw them scavenging the weapons from the corpses."

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2016, 10:19:04 am »

"What were those creatures? I saw them scavenging the weapons from the corpses."

"If I had to make a guess, they're either beasts that eat metal to live or they're gathering metal for their masters."

Theres a weird bit of RP's where you should probably have IC knowledge about things but don't know OOC and have to work around it.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2016, 10:19:35 am »

"Pretty delicious, but more than that I can't say."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2016, 11:43:01 am »

"If I had to make a guess, they're either beasts that eat metal to live or they're gathering metal for their masters."

"Damn, sounds like it may corrode our weapons.  Well they're dead now, what do we do now?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

"We move forward, of course."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]: Turn 4
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2016, 05:45:35 pm »

Marrow
You take some time to sort through the remains of the slain slimes and find quite a number of old and rusty weapons, or pieces of armor in the midst of the black sludge remains along with the two crystals that made up your fallen foes' hearts. Pocketing the two crystals, you order your raised skeleton to carry onward as you start to head towards the sharp bend in the hall up ahead while an eerie silence falls as your party falls silent.

Skeletus
You look through the remains just as Marrow and ultimately manage to get two of the crystal cores while Skullmo finds the rest in his possession. Aside from that all you find is pieces of armor and weapons so old that they're likely as fragile as your own staff has become over the many decades since you last walked the halls beneath these mountains. Sighing at the state your staff has fallen to you follow in Marrow's footsteps towards the bend ahead.

Skullmo
While Reynaut is chatting up Marrow you take the chance to swiftly gather up as many of the crystal cores as you can which turns out to be a total of two as Skeletus and you tie for the amount found. Though your haul is only about average you decide it'll do as you wave your unarmed skeleton follower forward before turning to search for a somewhat moderately well equipped skeleton to raise to bolster your growing band. In the shadow of a pillar you find what might well be a treasure trove for your current situation, leaned up against a pillar lies the corpse of a fallen pikeman with a longsword stabbed through its chest.

You quickly set to work raising it before hurrying to join up with the party with your new minion in tow and a desire to grin sadly denied by your lack of facial muscles.

Entire Group
With some unknown loot in hand and your growing horde of minions at the ready you all quickly make your way towards the bend, easily stepping over the intermittent layer of bones and weapons destroyed by the passage of time. However, none of you are quite prepared for what awaits you around the bend as the tunnel turns before abruptly opening up to a cavernous chamber with a ceiling covered in stalactites and a floor composed of rings of steps that lead down to a round platform.

Upon the platform you see a hulking mass in the vague shape of a humanoid that stands almost three times your height, its body covered in dull brown fur interspersed with stripes of dark purple that verges on black. It's back is covered by jet black quills that end in light green and razor sharp tips that give even those of you without fleshly vessels with a sense of danger. Thankfully the creature is chained to the platform with metal chains whose links are as thick as your hands while its body has five spears stabbed through it into the stage from which dozens of yellowed strips of paper hang.

You would all assume it was dead if it wasn't for its eyes snapping open the moment your entire party sets foot in the room followed by a sweet, high pitched song like voice that seems at odds with the creature you see.

"One undead walked in with his Soulfire burning bright and so long after three completely different undead come out with Soulfires while the original's has been extinguished. I take it the four of you crawled out from the Forges? Come little ones, no need to be scared. I don't bite, or at least I am currently otherwise occupied."

At the last words the creature attempts to move its arms revealing that the chains seemingly still hold it within.

Spoiler: Skeleton One(?) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Pikeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marrow (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skeletal Soldier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reynaut (Yottawhat) (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »

"Who else votes we bolt that creature to death, then animate what remains?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 05:59:49 pm »

"Who else votes we bolt that creature to death, then animate what remains?"

"Always so hasty, Skeletus. Information is key in these times."

Marrow draws somewhat nearer the creature. "Hail, I am Marrow. These two fellows are my friends, Skeletus and Skullmo, and this man goes of the name Reynaut. We have recently returned to life through unknown means. What is this forge and soulfires you speak of?"

I don't know if I should know about Soulfire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5