Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]  (Read 5253 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »

"The 'who' we cannot be sure of.  This is indeed the work of my path of work, that I know." Slowly scanning the room, Marrow continued, "That means we've been resurrected for a purpose. But since there is nobody here, that purpose must be left for us to decipher. A theory. I imagine you remember similar events as I, as to what happened near the end of your life?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:45:30 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »

"Perhaps that sorry bundle of bones."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 04:54:33 pm »

"The 'who' we cannot be sure of.  This is indeed the work of my path of work, that I know." Slowly scanning the room, Marrow continued, "That means we've been resurrected for a purpose. But since there is nobody here, that purpose must be left for us to decipher. A theory. I imagine you remember similar events as I, as to what happened near the end of your life?"
"Yes, I remember, we had just breach through the gate and my group eas charging in, a arrow caught me in the throat and I bleed out before I could heal." Reynaut looks to Marrow, What happened to you?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:41 pm »

Marrow paused, choosing his words carefully. "Assassination. In the dark of night, I was beset by a multitude of dark creatures. I was overwhelmed by sheer numbers, stripped of most of my power and left to rot. Eventually, I succumbed to thirst." He chuckled darkly. "As you may imagine, my goals, and if I may be presumptuous, the goals of my companions, are of revenge against the beings who would dare do such a thing against me."

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 05:49:31 pm »

"Is it important how we all died? We're close enough to alive now, and thats what we should focus on."

That done, the skeleton man headed to the heavy door and loked through.

What can I see with my skeleton eyes through the door?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 05:54:22 pm »

Marrow waved Skeletus off. "Do what you will. I'm attempting to reach an understanding with our crypt mate."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]: Turn 1.5
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 06:24:34 pm »

Skullmo
While the others discuss things among themselves you decide to see if your skills are still there and start to channel mana into your staff which, though rotting, still has most of the arcane symbols required to focus a spell. In moments black lights are dancing around your staff which quickly change to form into the shape of a flame that rushes into the pile of bones on the floor before disappearing entirely. You watch expectantly for a few moments before the bones finely start to stir and quickly assemble together to form a humanoid skeleton that is ready to serve you.

Skeletus
You cross the hall in order to get a good look through the gap in the doors and what greats you is the site of a tunnel with numerous corpses scattered around the base of grey stone pillars that support the ceiling far above. Seemingly haphazardly dispersed across these pillars are strange blue flames that burn endlessly in the air casting a faint light down onto the tunnel to clearly reveal a strange sight, several pitch black oily masses slowly plod around the halls. From time to time you notice their oil like bodies launch out tentacles to pick up metal items from amidst the piles of corpses before stowing them inside their bodies and continuing on to search the tunnel.

Spoiler: Skeleton One(?) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marrow (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reynaut (Yottawhat) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:32:04 pm by adwarf »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 06:50:45 pm »

"Fine, we call for a truce for now, if only for the fact that I rather not throw my life away after being given a second chance."
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2016, 06:58:16 pm »

"Good man." Marrow said, patting him on the shoulder. as he walked past. Coming to a stop by Skeletus, he tisked."Eyes sharp, there's company down the hall. Reynaut, if you can distract them, we can fire with impunity. Skeletus, help me unleash hell. Skullmo, have your skeleton aid Reynaut. Agreed?"

Negative energy bolt a black mass.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:18:21 pm by Dermonster »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2016, 07:14:41 pm »

"I was about to point them out, actually. They're eating metal, so perhaps they'll have something useful inside them."

Bolt a different mass.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 07:24:02 pm »

"Good man." Marrow said, patting him on the shoulder. as he walked past. Coming to a stop by Skeletus, he tisked."Eyes sharp, theres company down the hall. Reynaut, if you can distract them, we can fire with impunity. Skeletus, help me unleash hell. Skullmo, have your skeleton aid Reynaut. Agreed?"

Reynaut stares at Marrow for a second before heading off to face the black mass. "Don't touch me."

Use Minor heal on one of the black masses.

OOC: How do you regain Mana and Favor? Is it like Dark Souls where you have to find a campfire?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 07:31:27 pm »

OOC: How do you regain Mana and Favor? Is it like Dark Souls where you have to find a campfire?
Mana and Favor have different ways of being replenished. The amount of Favor you can have isn't capped while the amount of Mana they can have is just so you all know. As for how to gain either, I'm going to leave it for you guys to see though the Dark Mages already have a method of regaining Mana in there known spells which has strict requirements but no Mana cost.

Edit: Fixed Faith to Favor cause adwarf is fail.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:37:33 pm by adwarf »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2016, 04:22:46 am »

"Hey, I'm cool with that."

Skullmo looks at his trusty skeleton.

"Skeleton! Assist that guy right there!"

Have the skeleton provide encouragement to Reynault as he tries to heal an ooze. And if he fails at that, maybe have the lil' guy help ward the no doubt hostile ooze off.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]: Turn 2
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2016, 08:42:36 am »

Marrow
Shortly after announcing a plan to everyone you begin to pour mana into your staff causing the faded and decayed ruins to fill with a silvery light that quickly emits dots of black light. In moments the black lights form into a jagged black mass that launches towards one of the black masses as you flick the staff forward. Before the mass can react the bolt slams straight into it sending oily slime splattering everywhere and revealing a glowing crystal mass surrounded by rusted weapons and pieces of armor that the creature had salvaged previously from among the dead.

Skeletus
Following in Marrow's steps you quickly channel mana through your staff and form a bolt of negative energy that you send towards a completely different oily mass that is completely unaware of its coming fate. The bolt crashes into the mass splattering the local area in whatever demented substance the creature is made of and revealing its core for all to see as it struggles to reform a protective layer over its exposed crystalline heart.

Reynaut
While the Dark Mages unleash a rain of negative energy blasts upon the unsuspecting masses you make your way out of the door as blinding golden light begins to encompass your hand. After the light reaches a point where looking at it hurts your eyes you hold it forward and chant,

"The Light shined upon the fallen warrior and there it saw devotion, in devotion it saw faith, and in faith it granted salvation."

As the last word leaves your mouth the golden light around your hand dissipates followed by a faint golden light appearing that shines down from the ceiling above to land on one of the wounded masses. You watch as the creature suddenly begins to squirm underneath the light, its entire surface suddenly boiling under the embrace of Light before it explodes into ash. From its corpse you see the formerly red crystal core clatter to the floor along with its salvaged goods, but you also notice a faint gold light rush out from its corpse to merge with you.

Skullmo
Your trusty servant immediately hopes to its duty and charges to the far side of the hall where it worms its way through the door to pat Reynaut on the shoulder before taking up a fighting stance as it readies itself to fend off any approaching ooze. Looking out at the hall you see a total of five remaining masses now fully aware of your party's presence as they charge, in a way, down the hall towards you completely ignoring the skeletons and equipment that litter the floor in the face of sudden invaders.

Spoiler: Skeleton One(?) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marrow (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reynaut (Yottawhat) (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Black Mass #1 (Dead) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Black Mass #6 (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 09:47:53 am »

Collect the soul of the damaged blob. Raise a skeleton in the midst of the blob horde to sow chaos.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:11:02 pm by Dermonster »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5