Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]  (Read 5245 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:24:30 pm »

These long forgotten halls once were home to the greatest Lords the world has ever born, from within these mountains they ruled over all the known world forging an empire that came to last for a million years. However, their reign was not meant to last for with time their minds began to warp and they began to pursue dark roads that man should have left entirely untrod for humanity is an existence to fragile to deal with those things that dwell in the Great Beyond. With time the Great Lords were slowly corrupted by the sickly sweet promises of those beings and they turned against their own people, using them as human sacrifices in rituals to appease their eldritch masters and enslaving them to toil away in the accursed Bloodstone mines. Driven by a desire to end the horrendous acts of their previous beloved Lords the people rose up in arms and let their voice be heard, pleading with their former masters to see the Light and return to the benevolent rulers they had once been.

Sadly the Great Lords had long been turned by their eldritch masters, so that no word would return them to the Light and thus desperate cries of hope were met with the sword and fire. The Great Lords unleashed foul monsters conjured from their blood sacrifices upon the masses and led Dark Mages to  lay down curses that caused the land to wither away, crops to die, and beasts to flee to the far corners of the world where the Light still graced the world. By the time a resistance could be forged the war was already lost and so the last Paladins and Servants came together to undertake one last desperate bid to stop their former rulers.

Under the aid of the last armies of man they laid siege to these very mountains, sacrificing tens of thousands of lives to carve a path to Hall of Nine Thrones where the last of the Servants gave their lives to seal the Great Lords within their mountains for all of time. What became of the outside after that doesn't matter for our story takes place here, in this forgotten and forsaken place where the nine Great Lords still work to achieve the goals of their Dark gods. It is here where, deep beneath the earth, exists a place once called the Divine Forge where four faint lights still shine in the heart of four vast hearths made from a silvery metal through which a faint blue light flickers constantly.

Through this empty hall a hunched, black robed figure limps as it drags a long chain, to which four corpses are tied, behind it towards the four hearths leaving a trail of bloody footprints behind it. The figure constantly mutters gibberish under his breath as he unties the corpses one by one and chucks a single one into each of the hearths. As the last one enters into the forge the figure finally speaks in a language understandable by man,

"Nine Great Lords I task you to kill, nine Great Lords must you slay to gain freedom. It is a cruel path to force you all down, but I will have my vengeance ..."

Seemingly finished with his purpose the figure collapses to the ground and bones scatter from beneath the robe as the chain clatters onto the ground ...

It seems like years pass before the silence in the hall is disturbed once more as suddenly a droning fills the air and the four lights burrow into the corpses that had been thrown beneath causing all four of the corpses to lurch up right gasping for air.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:10:09 pm by adwarf »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [0/4]
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:47:06 pm »

Name: Skeletus
Class: Dark mage

Nyaah!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

Name: Skullmo
Class: Dark Mage

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:55:09 pm »

Ayy lads who's up for a skeletal cabal.

Character Name: Marrow
Class: Dark Mage
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:29:26 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:20:43 pm »

Character Name: Reynaut
Class: Servant

Well, this is going to be awkward.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:22:57 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 03:22:24 pm »

Ayy lads who's up for a skeletal cabal.
Let's get spoopy up in here

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 03:30:25 pm »

Character Name: Reynaut
Class: Servant

Well, this is going to be awkward.

You get to be the packmule and butler.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]: Turn 1
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »

The sound of rattling bones is prominent as three black robed figures crawl their way out of the forges with decaying staves clutched in their hands, their robes very faintly shimmering with a vague grey light in some places. From the fourth forge a human crawls out with a shield strapped to his back and a mace at his waist, his leather armor adorned with a half circle made of five suns which is the sign of those who have taken up service in the name of Light. Silence fills the hall as the figures look around to find it completely devoid of anything except for the lifeless forges and a pile of bones draped in a shredded robe while at the far end of the hall stands a towering door many times your height that stands open just enough for a person to pass through.

Spoiler: Marrow (Dermonster) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reynaut (Yottawhat) (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From Darkness - Souls Inspired Forum Game [4/4]
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 04:16:03 pm »

"Augh, that was unpleasant. My fellows! And... you. I see you are alive as well!"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:30:45 pm by Dermonster »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »

"Man, I'd almost forgotten how great not being dead is."

Skullmo turns to face Marrow.

"Hey, Marrow! And Skeletus! You're not dead either! This day just keeps getting better!"

Is the pile of bones the sort that walks around?

If yes, try to neg it with my Dark Magic! Test if all the skills are still there, so to speak.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »

Reynaut gazes at robed figures and draws his mace and shield. "Mages! What foul magic have you used upon me? Have you plans to convert me into one of your foul ghouls!  
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »

"We're alive! Of a sort, anyway."

Reynaut gazes at robed figures and draws his mace and shield. "Mages! What foul magic have you used upon me? Have you plans to convert me into one of your foul ghouls!  
"Oh, settle down, you foolish man. We're just as fresh out the oven as you are."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:32:22 pm by GiglameshDespair »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 04:29:28 pm »

"Tch." Marrow gazes over the holy man. "If you've any sense to you, you'll put that mace down, boy. We had nothing to do with this. I'm merely reaquainting with my old group. Led by yours truely, in fact!"

His eyes rove past him and to the single door. "I have my suspicions, but now isn't the time for you to be making enemies. What is your name, cleric?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:31:05 pm by Dermonster »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 04:33:35 pm »

"Oh, settle down, you foolish. We're just as fresh out the oven as you are."

"What? The oven?" Reynaut looks around at the forges. "What the... I don't recall dying near any forges"
"Tch." Marrow gazes over the holy man. "If you've any sense to you, you'll put that mace down, boy. We had nothing to do with this. I'm merely reaquainting with my old group. Led by yours truely, in fact!"

His eyes rove past him and to the single door. "I have my suspicions, but now isn't the time for you to be making enemies. What is your name, cleric?"

He looks towards Marrow "My name is Reynaut, Servant of the Light. Where am I? And if you are not the ones that resurrected me, then who?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5