Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ☼Human Fortress☼ - Tutorial fort for MasterworkDF human mode  (Read 7296 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Human Fortress☼ - Tutorial fort for MasterworkDF human mode
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 11:31:09 am »

I just send my military against the werebunny, the pump-operator got bitten in the arm. Then... drums. Drums from the deep.

THREE BLIND CAVE OGRES IN THE MINES!

They got delayed by war animals, I have no idea how they got into the mines. Just moments before there were fights with troglodytes. I thought it was the forgotten beast, but they killed it and also came up...

I lost 5 good recruits, the first deaths of the fort. 5 archers died in the mines.

The ogres finally succumbed, soon to be followed by a pack of crundles harassing the miners. Following the crundles path made me realize my mistake: A gold vein broke into a passage between cavern 2 and 3. It is now walled up, but this shows once more: Humans still have a lot to learn when it comes to mining.

And before I can engrave the slabs for the five fallen...

It's never boring in human town.  8)

Edit: Killed the giantess, engraved my slabs, set them up... and...

Yep, never boring in human town.

Edit2: Ok, crap. Undead kobold blowgunners with giant-cave-spider-venom on their darts.

Spoiler: Lots of undeads (click to show/hide)

Edit3: Mh.. is this normal?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:17:55 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 03:17:15 pm »

So, you can buildguild halls fer free, but need to pay for specifics?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 03:27:34 pm »

A guild hall takes a few blocks and chairs to build but you have to pay coin to invite one of the guilds there and then pay more coin to expand it to build the additional addons.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »

A guild hall takes a few blocks and chairs to build but you have to pay coin to invite one of the guilds there and then pay more coin to expand it to build the additional addons.
Tx
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

Here is the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh1yul8hykifiep/Human%20Fortress.rar?dl=0

I'll continue the write-up till that point when I find the time. If someone wants to continue, grab the save and go. :)

I did defeat the undead army, we have 3 cages necromancers for some extra fun, but the cavern-breach did cost us a couple of lives. And some undead scaled the walls and climbed into the fort, which took a few civilians by surprise... that together with the poisoned darts of the kobold undeads resulted in a few deaths.

But everything is fine now. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]