Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [IC] - Morning in Cinder  (Read 15341 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [IC] - Morning in Cinder
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:37:54 pm »

"What are heroes..? Heroes are borne from a.. need of change; heroes are agents of change. People will grasp at whatever they can for the better; they will swim in seas of knowledge, grasp at their own hope within them... or they will simply ignore it and confine themselves into the bliss of their ignorance, uncaring for much at all. I should know, really. I've killed my fair share of heroes. A millennium and a second seems no difference to me, really; heroes rise, heroes fall. The only thing that will win in the end, if given the most time, is the most primal and simplest of things... chaos, emptiness, destruction. What difference is there in anything? You guys are like hydras, kill one and another takes its place... only, a fire needs to be built to take it down. What that fire is... well, you can figure that out, can't you?"
"I know you can... I know its you. You don't even know you have control, because I take it from you; each time you fall, I beat you back up and make you play my game again. Isn't it fun, being a pawn to something greater? You aspire to these 'gods', yet look at them now, watching their planet racked with destruction. What are gods? Omnipotent? No, the gods bend to the will of the greater gods, and those gods bend to the will of those greater than even them. But who's the prime, who will beat the world back into shape and order?"
Chuckle.
"Not you, Caes. Not you, Aedan, not you Thor, Zeus, none of you. So send your guardians, your saviors, and let them come at Me. Like heroes, they will rise...
And they will fall."

It was a late evening and the red glow of the sun was setting on the entirety of Camp Cinder, surrounded by a green and lush France forest free from the chaos of the world; the camp, however, reflected the war. Most of the structures were simply large tents erected out of haste or shaddy makeshift structures to serve whatever purposes are needed; the camp, however, was fairly large and housed a large population of both civilians and soldiers, mundane and magical. Many a group were in housing quarters B, a dull concrete building filled to the brim with hammocks and dense assortments of furniture and such, mostly poor and wooden with many people's belongings. Three men were sat at a table playing a game of blackjack, as they typically did; one had a sly smirk on his rough face accompanied by the large pile of chips at his table; his brown hair was cropped short and he simply wore a white tank with cut blue jeans. The other man right by him was of dark complexion and of Arab nationality, dark hair cut neatly short and wearing white robes with a turban. The final man was very slim and had clean white hair cut down to the shoulders, as well as rectangular glasses on that shone over his dark eyes; he had a white collar shirt on, dirtied from labor and khaki shorts also dirtied.
     Leaning against the wall was a short Japanese woman with and long braided hair, wearing a denim jacket with her hands shifted into the pockets of dark cargo shorts. Her eyes were glowing a strange purple color, but her expression was that of sheer boredom. What are you all doing at this time, in this "wonderful paradise" of a building?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:36:29 pm by PrivateNomad »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [IC] - Dimming embers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:44:54 pm »

Amelie is in whatever or wherever passes for a gym in this place, exercising. Can't let yourself go just because the world is fucked, or because you have magic.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:04:49 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:43 pm »

Nith walks up and down the isles of hammocks, dropping off blankets, then teleporting away to grab more, then returning once again. Soon enough, he finishes the floor he's on. Nith sighs, and takes a seat in on his hammock. He's definitely the oddball out in this housing quarters, as one of the only non-humans present.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 09:28:43 pm »

Dalia is quietly humming to herself in a corner. Or perhaps it is the machine on her back that is doing it. Either way she is out of everyone's way, not really doing anything but standing there and staring. All the while humming quietly away to herself.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 09:33:35 pm »

Nith curiously eyes Dalia from across the barracks, sniffing.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 09:39:29 pm »

Dalia seems to be wearing some kind of strong perfume that he can smell even from there. Of what exactly it's hard to say, oddly enough. Vaguely floral with an undertone of soap, metal and chemicials would be the most accurate answer. After several moments she finally becomes aware of the stares she's recieving, and turns to wave at Nith with a friendly smile. They certainly seem friendly enough.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 09:50:22 pm »

Amelie is in whatever or wherever passes for a gym in this place, exercising. Can't let yourself go just because the world is fucked, or because you have magic.
The "gym" was simply a patch of dirt right outside of the main building, with things such as punching bags, weights, and much more; most of the people exercising (or wrestling each other) were primarily the fit men, muscular and well, some even training with different types of melee weapon. Amelie found herself by what seemed to be a man of muscular physique without a shirt and with dark, white-striped gym shorts on; he was sending repeated punches towards a bag with great fervor, sending the bag pounding back with extreme force much higher than a normal man would; he had a short trimmed head with hollowed, dark eyes staring ahead with intent at the punching bag as he went to town on it, body fluidly moving as he punched.

Nith walks up and down the isles of hammocks, dropping off blankets, then teleporting away to grab more, then returning once again. Soon enough, he finishes the floor he's on. Nith sighs, and takes a seat in on his hammock. He's definitely the oddball out in this housing quarters, as one of the only non-humans present.
In the hammock next to Nith's own was lounging a Satyr woman, horns curled and protruding out as her deep hazel eyes stared at the screen of her phone, playing games in boredom; she was fairly short and her Satyr hooves hung off the side of the hammock a bit and idly swung, and she wore brown and green clothing in a tunic.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 10:29:03 pm »

Dalia seems to be wearing some kind of strong perfume that he can smell even from there. Of what exactly it's hard to say, oddly enough. Vaguely floral with an undertone of soap, metal and chemicials would be the most accurate answer. After several moments she finally becomes aware of the stares she's recieving, and turns to wave at Nith with a friendly smile. They certainly seem friendly enough.
Well, seeing as Nith wears a mask, no facial expression is seen. But he returns the wave, with a raised hand briefly.

Then Nith turns to the Satyr woman.
"Greetings."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 11:51:41 pm »

Then Nith turns to the Satyr woman.
"Greetings."
She shifted her eyes over, giving Nith a small nod and a smile; he probably knew her, having slept by her every night. Her name was Serena, a soft-spoken Satyr who enjoyed video games and celebration. He knows she is very skilled with pipe instruments and typically is the one to try and brighten people's mood with games or music.
"Heya."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 11:58:26 pm »

"How are you tonight... Serena?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:26 am »

"How are you tonight... Serena?"
She let out a small yawn, sitting up and setting her phone beside her to look at his glowing eyes; her ears flickered a bit and she spoke in response, voice soft with a tinge of tiredness, "Just a little tired, I guess, but you know me. Always the last one to sleep," she said with a small smile.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:10:16 am »

Nith nods. He points to the phone.
"Light is bad for... sleeping eyes. Or so I hear."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:14:15 am »

Nith nods. He points to the phone.
"Light is bad for... sleeping eyes. Or so I hear."
She glanced down to the phone and tilted her head in curiousity, "Huh, is it..? Didn't know that.."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:54 am »

"I'm new to the whole... 'technology' thing."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 12:18:12 am »

"I'm new to the whole... 'technology' thing."
"Same, I guess," she said with a small nod of agreement, "It's preeetty cool though."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20