Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6915 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the Beginning, there was nothing but formless and empty Void. Over the eons, the Void began to coalesce, forming an enormous ball of Eternal Fire, orbited by several vast Spheres of Earth, many smaller Spheres orbited the larger Spheres. This new form of reality remained stagnant for many centuries, but eventually, a spark of light came from the Void. The light, imbued with the power of Creation, became sentient, and awakened with great power to Shape reality. The light reached out with it's power, and shaped the chaotic surface of the largest Sphere. Through the light's Shaping, the first continent was made, and on it, new life flourished. Pleased with it's Creation, the light left the new world to it's fate, to travel the cosmos, eternally seeding life among the Void. For millennia, the world remained unchanged, but now, new Shapers of Creation are emerging, how they will change the world is yet to be seen.

OK, now that the intro's out of the way, let me explain the Game Mechanics. The Players are the (Gods, Demons, Eldritch Abominations, what have you,) they are the Divine Entities of a newborn World. The Divines can influence the World through Acts, or Actions, if you prefer. There are Three Types of Acts, and each has it's own level of Power.

MIGHTY ACTIONS

Mighty Acts are truly Divine Acts of Power, and they are the highest form of Divine Creation or Destruction. A Mighty Action can do anything from creating a new Magic system, creating a new World or destroying an old one, creating a Species of powerful supernatural beings, or forging an incredibly powerful Artifact capable of slaying even a Titan. Mighty Acts can do nearly anything, and are very overpowered. This is balanced by the difficulty of obtaining them.

MAJOR ACTIONS

Major Acts are Divine Acts of Power, they are moderately Powerful, and strike a balance between the quantity of Minor Acts, and the quality of Mighty Acts. A Major Action can do anything, from creating a new Magical Creature, creating a new Continent or destroying an old one, creating a non-magical Species of Mortals, or forging a powerful Artifact capable of slaying an Elder Dragon. Major Acts are moderately powerful, and useful as well.

MINOR ACTIONS

Minor Acts are Impressive Acts of Power, their effects are somewhat small and weak, however, many Minor Acts can be obtained easily. A Minor Action can do anything, from teaching Mortals a new kind of Technology, creating a new Island or destroying an old one, creating a new Species of Animal, or forging a strong Artifact capable of slaying a Mortal Army. Minor Acts are fairly weak, but very cheap to use.

RULES

-Each Player gains One MIGHTY Action at the start of the Game, whether they want to use it, save it, or break it into smaller Acts is their decision.

-The Players each gain One Major Action per turn. this number cannot be increased or decreased, it is constant.

-The Players may change their Acts into different Acts equal to their Value. Note: It costs nothing to change Acts.

-The Exchange rate of Actions is as follows:

1 Mighty Act is equal to 3 Major Acts, or 9 Minor Acts.
1 Major Act is equal to 3 Minor Acts.
1 Minor Act is equal to 1 Minor Act.

-For Example: Obek spends 3 of his Major Acts to get 1 Mighty Act. Or he spends 1 Mighty Act to get 3 Major Acts. Or he spends 3 Minors Acts to get 1 Major Act.

-The Divines are invincible, and cannot die, they can, however, leave this World at any time. Note: I'd appreciate it if You were more creative in the Destruction of Your tangible enemies than just Smiting them or just Teleporting them to the far reaches of the Void.

-There are no Secret Actions, You're Divines, not sniveling Mortal Bureaucrats.

-To Create an Afterlife, or some other kind of Dimension, it costs One Major Action. This Dimension is then untouchable for other Players, and doesn't have any Game-play effect on the World, barring additional Acts spent to allow it to a limited degree. Mechanically, it's just for Flavor and RP reasons.

-The Goal of the Game is to create an interesting Fantasy Setting, in a Fun Way, keep this in mind when using Acts. Think, would it be more interesting to instantaneously Smite the mortals that another God placed on your Island, or create a Plague to drive them out? Mechanically, both are the same, but canonically, the Plague makes for a better story.

-The World already has an Ecosystem akin to Earth, there is no need to build an Ecosystem from scratch, but if you want to create new Species, go ahead.

-The World isn't Stagnant, Mortals and other Creations will be doing their own Actions. Not as monumental as the Divine's, mind you, but still.

-Each Turn is roughly a Century.

-A Player can do anything, as long as enough Acts are spent.

-At least for the beginning of the Game, I'll only have Six Players, as I don't know if I can handle anymore than that right now.

-I'll wait 24 Hours for Character Templates to be submitted in the OOC Thread, I'll choose the Six Divines based on the quality of Character Submissions, not Posting Speed. I'll attempt to keep the Starting Pantheon Balanced. If a Player wants to quit the Game, they should post in the OOC Thread letting everyone know. If someone hasn't posted in 2 weeks, with no explanation, I'll assume that they quit the Game.

-If You want to, You can waitlist a Character Sheet, until a space clears up.

Spoiler: Character Template (click to show/hide)

Alright, Get To Posting.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:23:26 am by Ardent Debater »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

HM.
Spoiler: Shennias (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yippee, someone posted! Also, bump.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat surprised that there isn't more Thread Activity. Either way, Bump.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

sheet later
Black lives matter.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

tempted...oh so tempted.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sheet later

Great, now five people have posted!

tempted...oh so tempted.

Give in to temptation... What do you have to gain by letting this pass by... Go On, make a Character Sheet... You know you want too...  :P

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Envaruk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 01:35:31 am by Nakéen »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:04:23 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [0/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

Goddamnit, just too late.  Waitlist please.

Everybody, remember, it's not First Post, First Serve. Character Sheets will be selected based on the amount of work and originality that went into them, and by how well they are likely to violently clash intermingle with the other Divines. I'll wait another day or two for submissions.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 09:05:40 pm »

Goddamnit, just too late.  Waitlist please.

Everybody, remember, it's not First Post, First Serve. Character Sheets will be selected based on the amount of work and originality that went into them, and by how well they are likely to violently clash intermingle with the other Divines. I'll wait another day or two for submissions.

Cool then.  Made a sheet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 01:39:20 am »

Spoiler: Envaruk (click to show/hide)
Sheet posted ! I will go for a different kind of god for once.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »

And bumping :)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »

And bumping :)

Nakeen, I appreciate the gesture, but rest assured, I'll make an IC Thread in a few hours. I'm waiting for any extra applications, and for those who've said they'll make a sheet to make a sheet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6